Flying

• Im not sure if anyone else has seen this bug but it allows the user to shoot into the air like 20 feet, i have noticed they cant move around while floating and they seem to fall down once you move away. I know of 2 people who know how to use this and are apparently a part of a group of 5 who are not telling others how to use it nor are they trying to have it fixed.

• There are two different methods that allow you to fly: One allows you to “fly” an indefinite amount of distance upwards, sometimes you fall to your death; the second allows you to land on the skybox and attack and move freely, so an archer can rain death onto those below. I know how to do both, and can message TBS about how to do this if they are interested in fixing this, but it’s really not exploitable - and can only be done by those with admin powers on a server.

• @Jetstream:

There are two different methods that allow you to fly: One allows you to “fly” an indefinite amount of distance upwards, sometimes you fall to your death; the second allows you to land on the skybox and attack and move freely, so an archer can rain death onto those below. I know how to do both, and can message TBS about how to do this if they are interested in fixing this, but it’s really not exploitable - and can only be done by those with admin powers on a server.

Well, you’re sort of right, sorta. I’m one of the few who can fly like dofoo said. I’m not gonna say too much for obvious reasons, but you can’t go through the skybox. Every map has an invisible ceiling that you hit when you go too high, if you’re janky enough you can get around the sky limit and stand on it (like on arena). We can either fly up really fast or slowly, it depends on how much we channel our mana. We don’t stand on the skybox when shooting arrows down, we simply hover, caught in a net of space and time.

I’ll believe it when I see you fly, but for the record you don’t need to be admin to pull this off, you just need wings.

We don’t want to tell people how to do it because it would get out of control, look what happened when we released longjump. We don’t want it fixed because there really isn’t a reason to. The only people who get to fly are people who we found had good promise in helping to find more exploits and we trusted a whole lot. There’s a lot more exploits we know that we aren’t showing off like we are flying.

• You say theres no reason to have it fixed but there is also no reason not to have it fixed, its an imbalance in the game that if used unfairly could be used for things such as the regeneration of health in duel mode. so just in case someone else figures it out who is not in your little circle of exploiters itd be better to have it unavailable to them no? as with any other exploits you may know, think about the balance and future success of the game. little things like this make it look much less appealing.

• That’s a sweet sig you got there Spook.

Edit* For the record it was sort of my fault longjump got out.

• @Kim:

@Jetstream Sam:

There are two different methods that allow you to fly: One allows you to “fly” an indefinite amount of distance upwards, sometimes you fall to your death; the second allows you to land on the skybox and attack and move freely, so an archer can rain death onto those below. I know how to do both, and can message TBS about how to do this if they are interested in fixing this, but it’s really not exploitable - and can only be done by those with admin powers on a server.

Well, you’re sort of right, sorta. I’m one of the few who can fly like dofoo said. I’m not gonna say too much for obvious reasons, but you can’t go through the skybox. Every map has an invisible ceiling that you hit when you go too high, if you’re janky enough you can get around the sky limit and stand on it (like on arena). We can either fly up really fast or slowly, it depends on how much we channel our mana. We don’t stand on the skybox when shooting arrows down, we simply hover, caught in a net of space and time.

That box, that ceiling, is what I’m talking about. I was able to wander around on that and shoot at people as an archer - and they could see me, too (if they looked up). Personally I got bored of this within 2 - 3 games but I discovered it randomly whilst using a certain command at the same time as performing a certain action and then just played with it on private/clan owned servers to test the limitations. I was only ever able to pull it off so long as I was admin, but if there’s another way, without admin powers, then I guess it should be bumped up on the priority list.

• @Jetstream:

@Kim Jong Kill:

@Jetstream Sam:

That box, that ceiling, is what I’m talking about. I was able to wander around on that and shoot at people as an archer - and they could see me, too (if they looked up). Personally I got bored of this within 2 - 3 games but I discovered it randomly whilst using a certain command at the same time as performing a certain action and then just played with it on private/clan owned servers to test the limitations. I was only ever able to pull it off so long as I was admin, but if there’s another way, without admin powers, then I guess it should be bumped up on the priority list.

I’m just gonna take a wild guess here and say that command was “admin forcegs x” as “fly” doesn’t work. It’s supper buggy and has led to some interesting exploits (spiderman). Yes, there is a way without admin, though usually when someone asks how I’m doing this I just make stuff up (flap your arms really fast and spin three times).

@Digital_Diamonds:

That’s a sweet sig you got there Spook.

Edit* For the record it was sort of my fault longjump got out.

It was all of our faults that it got out, and to be fair it’s pretty obvious when you see it done. Kick, dodge, jump lol.

• Yea, it’s an interesting bug, I’ve been tracking the people who know it and trying to glean information, no luck so far, I’ve ruled out things like admin powers, class, actions, as far as I can tell if there is a kick it’s not released, there appears to be no jump but it might be a repeated action that builds up somehow, it’s obvious at this point the “flying” is done on multiple planes because of the slight pause at each level @ la Mirrors Edge jump glitches.

It appears that there is something client side that can be edited that makes this 'sploit easier to do, but it can be done without it. I have only ever seen it done on FFA_moor but it’s not 100% that it’s the only map you can do it on. I believe it might have something to do with a specific keybind, but I’m still far away from figuring it out, reading and learning what everything does in UDK engine is a hard task just by itself.

Good luck bug hunters!

• @?B:

Yea, it’s an interesting bug, I’ve been tracking the people who know it and trying to glean information, no luck so far, I’ve ruled out things like admin powers, class, actions, as far as I can tell if there is a kick it’s not released, there appears to be no jump but it might be a repeated action that builds up somehow, it’s obvious at this point the “flying” is done on multiple planes because of the slight pause at each level @ la Mirrors Edge jump glitches.

It appears that there is something client side that can be edited that makes this 'sploit easier to do, but it can be done without it. I have only ever seen it done on FFA_moor but it’s not 100% that it’s the only map you can do it on. I believe it might have something to do with a specific keybind, but I’m still far away from figuring it out, reading and learning what everything does in UDK engine is a hard task just by itself.

Good luck bug hunters!

We’re still trying to figure out exactly how it works, though we have a general idea. It’s so convoluted that it’s nuts how we found it, though it’s a fun story to tell.