Exploit?

• I killed this guy the other day on an old skool duel server.

He started going on about me using an exploit.

I was using a Sword of War as usual.

What the hell could he be talking about. I just assumed you swung or blocked until either you die or they die. How can there be an exploit in that?

Regards
    Werdume

• He was trying to find an excuse.

• @Werdume:

What the hell could he be talking about. I just assumed you swung or blocked until either you die or they die. How can there be an exploit in that?

Regards
    Werdume

Your post has the faint odor of troll, but if not, he was just crying. Although you may want to practice other techniques than simply hitting back and forth.

• People tend to cry hack/exploit when they’re repeatedly beaten by a single technique that they don’t yet know how to counter. Especially if that technique looks downright stupid, the way a lot of high-level techniques tend to (running around in circles, crouch+duck overheads, matrixing, and those back-turned overheads).

Also, the SoW also looks a lot like the longsword at first glance, but is notably faster in play. Couple that with the speed of stab>overhead combos, plus maybe a little bit of lag and/or desynch, and inexperienced players are bound to think you’re up to something.

• I’ve not heard of any new exploit with the SoW, so expect they’re just crying exploit to massage their own ego at being beaten

• oh my frog, that running around in circles got me the first time, then I just stood back and waited to attack, but it is effective if you’re not watching it. additionally, and I will probably sound like a noob here, but damn if the run then crouch and overhead work. I got several people like that.

• Maybe you desynced on his screen. May not be on your end.

• Someone said I was exploiting using the double axe yesterday, I lolled a lot.

I was trying to be nice, saying “Oh, well you probably don’t fight many people other than level 0-10s with it so when a high level duellist uses it and delays/accelerates swings etc, you don’t expect it.”

I offered to keep duelling him to show him what I do, but he flat out refused and eventually called the double axe OP now. Some people x_x

• @NaTe:

Someone said I was exploiting using the double axe yesterday, I lolled a lot.

I was trying to be nice, saying “Oh, well you probably don’t fight many people other than level 0-10s with it so when a high level duellist uses it and delays/accelerates swings etc, you don’t expect it.”

I offered to keep duelling him to show him what I do, but he flat out refused and eventually called the double axe OP now. Some people x_x

Dat axe… OP? :O

• @MonkeyFiend:

Dat axe… OP? :O

Yep……I didn’t even know how to react. I was just like, oh hohoh okay buddy o_o"

He just wasn’t reading my combos and ripostes correctly, and other than evading his swings by sidestepping etc, I wasn’t doing anything special D:

• Some people might be unaware you can combo or speed up attacks. Stabs are working really nasty at very close range. Failing that it’s just a way to suppress realisation that they are not as good in combat. Some people simply can’t fathom that they can be beaten.