A new type of arrow that pierces through people

• Yep. Does less damage in exchange for the ability to hit multiple people.

• A bullet perhaps?

• That is actually fun idea.

• What about a portable handheld balista?

• Barrett M82A1

• i dont get this post AT ALL.

you have the narrow head arrows for the classes with armour and a a broadhead for those without armour.

and of course fire arrows.

But we dont need any more variant it makes no sense whatsoever, maybe a little more damage but why, just why. i really dont get what this post is about. we already have arrows specific for killing non armoured and armoured.

plus we aint legolas firing multiple arrows at once, thats just ridiculous.

• i would just press escape. exit game. turn computer off.

• if swords and spears can do that, why not arrows?

• @Deadpan:

if swords and spears can do that, why not arrows?

why can’t throwing axes? and throwing knives? those hit people and don’t typically go thorough and hit other people unless you have the strength of a cannon.

• exactly. that’s absolutely true for all the weapons in the game. in fact i’d say crossbow bolts have the most chance of getting through.

• I know from hunting experience that an arrow will penetrate and keep going, but elk typically aren’t wearing armor.

Could be a fun idea.

• @Carolean:

I know from hunting experience that an arrow will penetrate and keep going, but elk typically aren’t wearing armor.

Could be a fun idea.

You using featherless arrows or something. They usually stops it dead.

And how fast does it come out the other side?

What arrows and what now are you using?

• @lemonater47:

@Carolean:

I know from hunting experience that an arrow will penetrate and keep going, but elk typically aren’t wearing armor.

Could be a fun idea.

You using featherless arrows or something. They usually stops it dead.

And how fast does it come out the other side?

What arrows and what now are you using?

It doesn’t really achieve maximum velocity when it comes out, but if you get a good shot between the ribs, it sure will come zipping out.

I hunt with a 55# @ 28" Fred Bear Montana Longbow. 32" Ash shafts, 5.5" shield-cut fletchings with a Woodsman broadhead on the end.

Yes, the fletching tends to stop it when I’m shooting at bales or something. I think it has to do with the moisture content of the target.

• I wish mythbusters could do a C:MW special but without all the confounded experiment design.

-Various bows vs various armour
    -Various weapons vs platemail

But they’d have to get properly crafted weapons and armour (appropriate materials), a lumberjack (he’s going to have the right type of muscle fitness as opposed to a gym junkie) for swinging the weapons….and then they’d have to make sure they didn’t involve any crap, self professed, experts that seem to permeate medieval history.

Your bow sounds similar to mine; 60bl recurve, can’t remember the draw but it was epic :O. The range i used to go on didn’t look too kindly on the 1ft penetration i was getting on their targets at 50m :D

I don’t think piercing arrows is a good idea unless you did a Diablo MOD