Can we fix the eternal screaming? (AAAH IT BURNS)

• When someone is on fire and die, they scream. FOREVER. Until their ragdoll disappears.

At low ragdoll settings it doesn’t last too long. Yet there is a setting for this for a reason. I have a computer strong enough to handle tons of bodies on the ground and its absolutely lovely…

…but if its a map with fire deaths or anyone brings firepot, it becomes worst than being in Hell. The screaming is insane. For god’s sake, they’re dead! They can scream for 10 seconds for laugh, but they should not continue screaming forever.

I’ve never seen anyone point out this issue. I find it to be pretty big. Just try playing with a high amount of ragdolls on fire, to me, this issue was “impossible” to miss, and I’d love a fix.

• Can’t say I’ve noticed - but then again I tend to run in large servers so have the ragdolls turned down quite low.

Although I doubt its top priority for devs to address, if it bugs you that much you could replace the ‘argh it burns’ sound file with either a quieter version or a blank one

• I heard somewhere the Knight’s Templar burned at the stake for around 4 hours before dying, though the way I understand it they were tied a bit above the starting flames. Just sayin’ fire is a ssssssllllllllloooooooowwwwwww death, with lots of screaming. In armor you would be pretty much baked alive.

And apparently the fire didn’t even kill them, they likely died of asphyxiation due to the smoke and flames swelling up their wind pipes to the point they couldn’t receive enough oxygen.

• I imagine ‘killing’ someone in Chivalry is not actually killing them, but rather mortally wounding them. If you are burned and ‘die’, you will keep screaming like a panzy until you are actually dead. I think the eternal screaming adds to the immersion that this is a medieval war game where kills were not quick and deaths were painful.

• Immersion? Whats with the excuses? Try playing with as much ragdolls as you can and play. It’ll drive you nuts.

• that doesnt need to be touched.

its great and adds to the experience.
    and
    in medieval warfare you would of heard all kinds of screaming from people dieing all around you.

• @SFJake:

Immersion? Whats with the excuses? Try playing with as much ragdolls as you can and play. It’ll drive you nuts.

I do indeed play with max ragdolls unless I’m in a >32 player server. Doesn’t bother me.

• I’m with OP in this. It should be acknowledged as a bug and be fixed.
    To the guys saying it’s realistic and immersive… they still scream when you cut their head off. So realistic.

• its not even important geez, theres plenty of other stuff that needs to be fixed before this is even considered.

make it an option in the sound settings at least. but dont fuck every1 out of it just cause you dont like it.

fvonb- so you want every1 to miss out on this just cause you are in here whining about the most ridicolous shit? get outa town with this nonsense.

• @WARSAW:

its not even important geez, theres plenty of other stuff that needs to be fixed before this is even considered.

make it an option in the sound settings at least. but dont fuck every1 out of it just cause you dont like it.

fvonb- so you want every1 to miss out on this just cause you are in here whining about the most ridicolous shit? get outa town with this nonsense.

/thread

• I think the plan is to make the screams die off after 10 seconds or so ;) (Maybe they should also stop if you decapitate the corpse…)