Can't dodge at the end of parry

• The Man at Arms can dodge while parrying, but cannot dodge during the cooldown of the parry - when the weapon is going down from the parrying position. Is this a bug?

• i hope not, maa can already dodge out of enough mistakes.

• @clayton-bigsby:

i hope not, maa can already dodge out of enough mistakes.

Have you played MaA since the patch? The only time I can rely on my dodge is if I’ve just been parried.

• @clayton-bigsby:

here we go again lol.

hes been nerfed enough clayton.

• @WARSAW:

@clayton-bigsby:

here we go again lol.

hes been nerfed enough clayton.

MAA is currently the most powerful (notice I didn’t sat OVERpowered) 1v1 class in the game. Quit yer bitchin’

• @NabsterHax:

@clayton-bigsby:

Have you played MaA since the patch? The only time I can rely on my dodge is if I’ve just been parried.

it’s one of the classes i play the most post patch actually so yeah.

You can dodge after parries, you can dodge after they parry you, you can dodge out of stun lock, you can dodge out of some flinching, you can dodge and attack albeit with a delay that doesn’t really affect it much, you can dodge away from attacks, you can dodge then parry, etc etc. It’s kind of as if maa expect that they should never have to use a parry.

And i’m not biased because i play MaA more now than ever, although i still utilize the other 2 melee classes as well. I play maa, knight, and vanguard pretty evenly, using one class all the time to me gets boring. Plus i like to diversify and be well rounded.

• @NabsterHax:

@clayton-bigsby:

How are MaAs dodging after parrying for a feint? Is there something I’m missing? It seems to me like they can dodge in recovery just fine, but it might be still during the parry, right?

• MAA is currently the most powerful (notice I didn’t sat OVERpowered) 1v1 class in the game. Quit yer bitchin’

first off what the heck are you smoking?

and second, the maa has been nerfed more times then chivalry itself!

he is a shell of his former self and practically useless, he’s been nerfed and dumbed down so much its pathetic, all so you little op whining players can kill him in 1 hit with no effort as a knight or vanguard and think your good or have any skill whatsoever.

but yet you fail to realize like everyone else, that it was and is and always will be the flinches fault that anything seems op in this game, the maa and archers attacks are faster then your flinch recovery making flinch locking and other ridicolous glitches possible in the unfair combat system.

if the flinch was lowered and you could block the second attack and a few more things adjusted with this as i have stated many times in other posts, then 98% of the useless nerfs this game has been ruined with would have never happend and we would be playing sumthing alot more epic and hardcore.

but you can keep being blind and stubborn and keep talking about stuff you have no idea about and what the real problem of this game is,
    the curent unfair combat system, which gives away more free hits then a whore sweats at church.

the kick alone has been nerfed almost 6 times in 9 months, dam near everything has been claimed op and needed to be nerfed at some point which only would prove concrete eveidence that sumthing deeper in the game is causing all this drama and nerfness and major problems in just trying to play the game smoothly.

look!
    if you cant defend yourself with anything against anything then everything would seem op right?
    exactly the case we have in chivalry, so wake up and smell the coffee already guys its right infront of you every dam day!

i am one of the highest ranking players in this game and am going on dam near 2500 hours and have ran the most modded fast paced epic action hardcore game server in this game for over 8 months, not the slow as molasis, nerfed down weakness you guys whine op in everyday.
    i know what i am talking about ok.
    i dam near made a decent game out of this just by changing sum values, proving it can be way better and more fun and more fair if done “right” and “properly” tested!

• knight cannot 1 shot maa with MOST of their weapons, there’s like 1 or 2 that can do that.

Furthermore, 2 handed flinch time do not even last as long as a recovery from an attack, so if i hit you with an attack 2h vs 2h, or 1h… you (the victim of an attack) can hit me faster after this than i can hit you again. This makes no sense to me that a hit recovery takes longer than flinch from actuallly being hit. The person that scored the hit should have initiative, but they do not.

• @quigleyer:

@NabsterHax:

@clayton-bigsby:

How are MaAs dodging after parrying for a feint? Is there something I’m missing? It seems to me like they can dodge in recovery just fine, but it might be still during the parry, right?

if the maa misses a parry, theres a cooldown to where they can’t dodge right out of it, sometimes they get lucky if their opponent drags or is using a very slow weapon, but in the most case they do get punished for missing parries…

the big thing is they can dodge out of stun and flinches a lot now and they don’t even have to be real spammy with the dodge either, they can dodge right away.

I do agree that if they miss their parry they shouldn’t be able to dodge out of that, that’s one more mistake that they coudl eb able to get out of. They can already dodge back out of a feinted attack, then parry the real strike, or potentially dodge again, and then parry, so could 2 dodge, then parry, maybe even more if the other is either comboing or continuing to feint over and over. Which still gives advantage to maa because it’s costing a lot of stamina for those feints and combo’d attacks, and not so much with dodging/parrying, so he’ll still win that stamina war.

The biggest horrible matchup 1v1 is knight vs. maa, and especially hws… if you’re a knight that’s very strong at knight class, and you go against even a mediocre holy water sprinkler maa, you’ll be almost incapable of hitting that maa whatsoever, even using the faster 1handed weapons of the knight class, even norse sword gets flinched from hws even if you start your attack first. Most of the time even if you swing first and maa comes within range with his own attack, he will flinch you before even getting a hit trade.

• @clayton-bigsby:

if the maa misses a parry, theres a cooldown to where they can’t dodge right out of it, sometimes they get lucky if their opponent drags or is using a very slow weapon…

There’s my problem then.

• This is intentional.