Models - Brandistock, spear, shields - Adjust

• I am pretty sure everyone has had the moment where they think they are far enough away from an enemy to get stabbed, yet they get hit anyway… even though the model for the spear and brandistock appear to be about 3 feet in front of you. It would seem right if the models were increased to suit their hit range.

As for shields, I main Archer, I play archer on the competitive scene and it bugs the living shit out of me when you fire an arrow which would logically hit around the shield and over the shield. At the moment this doesn’t seem to be the case and instead the arrow hits the magical hitbox of the shield even though it isn’t there, this is also noticeable when a person has the shield on their back. Adjusting the hitbox would make it a lot more viable to shoot their head when they are not properly holding the shield up. However the hitbox for hitting the leg area under the shield seems to be fine, shame the top and sides don’t match.

Many thanks,

Miniroll

• this happens because of the extra jump forward from attacks, have to get used to what was before being out of range to taking an extra in game foot or two.

Also, with the jump forward, a lot more missed swings happen, i find it to be mostly against vanguards, some of their footwork speed seems outrageously fast now, even walking speeds, not spring speeds… and i still feel like bubbles are colliding with each other and acting like 2 magnets with the same side facing each other.

• The model still hits you. It always does. Weapons dont collide with your anti facehug bubble. Walls don’t even collide with it. The only thing that collides with it are other bubbles of your enemies.

Weapons collide with the original hitbox of your character and the hitbox is your player model pretty much. And tracers only come from your weapon model. The tipity tip of the weapon can still hit you dealing damage though.

And yes the vanguard kinda steps forward in his stab. So it doesn’t seem like it’ll hit you.

And vanguard speeds were not changed at all. I don’t think they have been changed ever.

• i know van speed hasn’t been changed, have you noticed how wonky some of them move around though when just walking, i notice it myself when i play vanguard, i find it so easy to sidestep now… i swear its a bubble positive positive magnet connection. The slight jump forward does seem to have been ever so slightly increased. I don’t know from the notes though, they said sprint attacks were going to be more deadly, but i don’t know if they referred to the ‘charge’ attack or holding sprint while attacking (jump-forward)

• As for shields, I main Archer, I play archer on the competitive scene and it bugs the living shit out of me when you fire an arrow which would logically hit around the shield and over the shield. At the moment this doesn’t seem to be the case and instead the arrow hits the magical hitbox of the shield even though it isn’t there, this is also noticeable when a person has the shield on their back. Adjusting the hitbox would make it a lot more viable to shoot their head when they are not properly holding the shield up. However the hitbox for hitting the leg area under the shield seems to be fine, shame the top and sides don’t match.

What the fuck an archer complaining?

• @Jstorm:

What the fuck an archer complaining?

Hahahaha, Didn’t you know that the archer class was the most hard done by thesedays? :P

In all seriousness though, I think it has more to do with slight lag desync, rather than the step forward. It’s looks like you got out of the way far enough on your screen, but not avoiding the hit at all on the other players screen.
    This is very apparent when a maa dodges but still gets hit after they’ve dodged way out of range.

Also The stab with the archers scimitar seems to be the one that I notice it most with.

• Since the last patch i’ve been getting stabbed in the face by a couple of weapons and it definitely looks like they have fallen short. I’m actually very good at this maneuver so i’ve done it alot for a long time. I’ve noticed the frequency of this issue has gone up.

As a side not i’d say that the reach of the broadsword is WTF ROFL stupid….it out reaches my longsword (1h)…

I do wish TB would be consistent with how the players use the various weapons. Some weapons the player just does a standard swing, with other weapons the player does a ROFL ZOMG reach with the swing…so you get carving knives out reaching the heavy javelin for example…

More consistency is needed.

• I don’t have problems with the spear reach. What you describe is probably due to people not including half steps (the ones you perform when attacking while moving) into their reach calculations as well as the fact that the very last frame of the animation still deals 100% damage.

I agree with the shield one. Having arrows sticking in the air next to shields (sometimes they even stick in the air next to the body) is stupid. As it is due to projectile hitboxes being too big I suggest bringing these down. It would be easier to miss people at range (not a bad thing) and also easier to shoot around shields if you are good. A good way to increase the Archers skillcap.

The Hunting Knifes absurd reach is a direct consequence of the collision bubble - a realistic reach would make it impossible to even get close enough to hit your enemy (it does not outreach the Heavy Javelin though). Also the Broadsword does not outreach the onehanded Longsword (might be an illusion caused by the Man at Arms greater speed compared to the Knight).

• A good way to increase the Archers skillcap.

I’d agree with you if archers needed a buff but it’s quite the opposite.