Blood-related misidetifications

• Has been happening alot more lately and it’s discouraging me from choosing the Agatha team. This week already i’ve had two archer teamkills who said it would have been the best shot they’d ever taken……had I not been on their team. And just before on hillside i had two teammates chase me all the way back to the spawn area and TK me, even though i was spaming “no” and “help”.

Masons seem to have a serious advantage in this regard.

• People have to be blind to not be able to tell the difference. They’re just stupid.

• OK so all day today, every time i have been on Agatha and on low health a teammate sees me, turns around, runs up to me and attacks me. Every. Single. Time. If this is going to be a normal part of being on the Agatha team then fuck it, i’ll stick with masons.

• Obvious solution is to give Agathians blue blood.

• This always happened. As there’s nothing you can do to change it. Unless you change the colours I the mason team but to what?

They need 3 colours.

Can’t be blue, white, gold. Can’t be green becuase of colourblind reasons. 1 in 10 males having Red green colourblindness. Can’t be yellow. No one but the extravagant will want to be the pink team. It could be orange. Though that’s a little close to red and people would still get confused.

Prepare to block any incoming attack friend or foe. Its also a good idea not to go running back to your own team covered in blood. As you are facing the wrong way and there’s a bunch of other red guys chasing you but your nooby team might think that they are coming to support you.

Parrying your team mates attacks and yelling no no no all the time and they usually get it. They are noobs so easy to block.

Worked in my favour once. A team mate was attacking me as I had lots of blood and this mason runs up and kills him then goes to walk off also thinking I was mason. As I was being attacked.

• I made my Agatha models white and green (to look like my avatar <–- ), and I’ve noticed that I get mistaken for a Mason more often now. The red blood shows up well against all that white, and I’m sure I’ve been attacked by guys who happen to have some colourblindness. Having your helmet knocked off can also make it hard to tell the difference in the two models. This tends to happen the most in Deathmatches, in which I’m more likely to try to run back to a safe location to Wolverine. (Yes, it’s a verb.)

I try not to get upset about it, and try to play around it. I try to avoid even my own teammates whenever possible when I’m injured. I figure mistaken identity was a big problem on actual battlefields, too.

@lemonater47:

Worked in my favour once. A team mate was attacking me as I had lots of blood and this mason runs up and kills him then goes to walk off also thinking I was mason. As I was being attacked.

Something similar happened to me, too: a teammate was attacking me, and a Mason decided he could easily come up and hack us both down while we were distracted - what self-respecting flamberge Vanguard could resist such a treat? Well, I saw him at the last second and parried, at which point my teammate immediately realized his mistake - so, suddenly the Mason vanguard is facing a 2v1 instead of an easy double-kill. We killed him, exchanged “Sorry” and “I’m with you!” command phrases and went off to war together. Good times.

• blood isn’t as bad as oil/fire damage, was fighting in front of the castle where oil had been poured, had to look at the player names to work out who to kill :P

• As much as this may irritate you a little, It adds a lot of realism to medieval combat and also makes it a little more fun, even if you get killed a couple of times.
    Think about it as if you have to prove your worth to your teammates every now and again :P

• @dudeface:

Obvious solution is to give Agathians blue blood.

No rebuttal, just nod of honest approval.

This was a problem before the customization patch dropped, and it’s made a little bit worse by the fact that shapes and colors can be varied. While you might not be wearing any red, it would probably be best for you to dress yourself in light blue and gold, since these are the easiest colors to identify as Agatha. Hopefully if they see that they won’t hit you, but we all know there are exceptions to every unwritten rule.

Teamkilling has gotten a lot better since the patch dropped, though.

• This is just another excuse for negligent killing. It isn’t impossible to tell you apart even if you have blood, or fire damage you just need a little self control. People like to blame their negligence on something. It is definitely harder to tell someone apart when they’re covered in blood or burnt to a crisp but it has always been that way even before customization. I killed a teammate the other day that was burned and the first thing I thought to type was, “I’m sorry but I couldn’t tell the difference.” I stopped myself though because that would have been a flat out lie. There were plenty of things I could have used to identify whether it was a teammate or enemy player. I haven’t made that mistake again so far.

It definitely adds another level to be burned or brought to near death. Be extra careful around everyone, friend or foe when you’re in either of these states.

• I kill Agathians with oil all over them all the time when I’m Agatha…. :(

• @Sidewinder:

This is just another excuse for negligent killing. It isn’t impossible to tell you apart even if you have blood, or fire damage you just need a little self control. People like to blame their negligence on something. It is definitely harder to tell someone apart when they’re covered in blood or burnt to a crisp but it has always been that way even before customization. I killed a teammate the other day that was burned and the first thing I thought to type was, “I’m sorry but I couldn’t tell the difference.” I stopped myself though because that would have been a flat out lie. There were plenty of things I could have used to identify whether it was a teammate or enemy player. I haven’t made that mistake again so far.

It definitely adds another level to be burned or brought to near death. Be extra careful around everyone, friend or foe when you’re in either of these states.

It isn’t so much that it’s impossible to tell the difference - just that sometimes in the heat of battle we make mistakes. When people say “I couldn’t tell the difference” what they really mean is “I messed up.” It’s still understandable, in my opinion. Hell, I’m just happy when anyone acknowledges a mistake.

• @stickytape:

@Sidewinder:

This is just another excuse for negligent killing. It isn’t impossible to tell you apart even if you have blood, or fire damage you just need a little self control. People like to blame their negligence on something. It is definitely harder to tell someone apart when they’re covered in blood or burnt to a crisp but it has always been that way even before customization. I killed a teammate the other day that was burned and the first thing I thought to type was, “I’m sorry but I couldn’t tell the difference.” I stopped myself though because that would have been a flat out lie. There were plenty of things I could have used to identify whether it was a teammate or enemy player. I haven’t made that mistake again so far.

It isn’t so much that it’s impossible to tell the difference - just that sometimes in the heat of battle we make mistakes. When people say “I couldn’t tell the difference” what they really mean is “I messed up.” It’s still understandable, in my opinion. Hell, I’m just happy when anyone acknowledges a mistake.

Heat of battle? Yeah, shit happens. Chasing a teammate across the map is pretty poor though. I don’t make this mistake. 90% of my TK’s are clowns who jump infront of me mid-swing in an attempt to steal my kills. People who do this tend not to learn from their mistakes and try to blame and kick me for it. The other 10% are my fault, clumsy mistakes that i always apologize for.