Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior

• @MrRedshark:

Who knows?

Maybe the Deadliest Warrior community will complain less.

:lolz:
    Yeah like that would ever happen. A game company could give away gold bars with every game and people would still complain “why did it have to weigh so much?”, “titanium is heaps better”, “lol goldfags!” etc.

• @jrmftw:

It does look very promising to have such variety with a first person melee game and I can see myself getting addicted to it quite easily.

But, as many have stated please please please focus on the bugfixing of the game we have currently, they have been in the game too long and like a cancer need to be removed before it becomes terminal.
    Weapon balance, customization, maps and heck even the SDK, should take second place to fixing these bugs and making sure that some of the actual game mechanics feel smooth and skillful.

Till that is done, you will be bombarded with criticism no matter how well your ideas are.

I feel like if they hired/volunteered someone to browse the forums every day and reply to bug threads (this is a big one. A bug can be on its way to getting fixed, or at least on the list, but if the topic is not replied to and the community is left in the dark, shit like this will happen) and send the information to the dev team, bugs would get fixed a hella lot faster, or people would at least stop complaining so much.

• How much does it cost?

• This looks interesting. The cultural variety will mean a bigger draw and add a lot of flavor. I’m always forced to play as a white guy in video games so it will be nice to run around with a samurai sword for a change.

But deadliest warrior is a terribly tacky show and what worked for Chivalry was its commitment to a sense of style: realistic character models, gritty, often dark maps, over the top gore and a touch of dark humor. I hope the developers can avoid making a tourist trap and parodying their own work by churning out a cartoonish, arcadey mess. The best silly moments tend to happen in games that don’t try too hard to be outrageous.

I don’t think it’s unfair of them to be working on an expansion considering most of us got this game for around $6-10 and people have put in hundreds of hours. I’ve played this game for around 230 hours…it’s still fun. I’ve gotten my money’s worth many times over. Accusing the developers of being greedy in developing when they have released two major content updates and several patches for such a cheap indie title is unrealistic and entitled.

Anyway good luck with the expansion.

• I’m okay with the concept and I’ll trust TBS to flesh out the expansion visual-wise.
    But what irks me is the same weapon mechanics going into the new expansions. Because what drew me to Chivalry:Medieval Warfare, was among most. The close-to-realistic swordplay that was there. Sure, it’s not as complicated as actual swordplay, but it was close enough.

In the new video, how the katana is used, for the most part a disappointment. I’ll hold any proper judgement about it until the actual thing is fully released but I really hope they look into real-world examples on how the weapons that they’re going to implement were used. Because as far as japanese swordfighting goes, when you stabbed. You only stab for the neck, and you don’t parry. You slide the blade to blade and either lock guards, then slide away, push. Or just slide it down the length of the blade to throw your opponent off balance. Not rough and tough clanging, intercepting and strike blocking as seen in the video as well as the main game. The swords just weren’t made that way,

I can go into deeper detail about swordfighting but I think this is enough for now.

• We will still be improving upon Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.

This. So much this.

Despite my skepticism based on the teaser video, and my attachment to the vanilla game, I am pretty stoked about having more options and perhaps attracting a larger player-base thanks to Spike. I’m also interested to hear more about the Multi-Team Battles. Are we talking 4 teams in one game? Truly epic battles with a kooky time-machine story background?

The more I think of the potential, the more I see just how awesome this could be.

• It would perhaps alay some community fears that chivalry support is dropping if the devs could let us know which devs are currently working on deadliest warrior and which are still dedicated to ironing out the bugs of chivalry

• As I posted in: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17894&start=20

“We have no intention of abandoning Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. Since C:DW is an expansion on Chivalry, both games share much of the same code, meaning that improvements to one can often carry right over to the other. Customization is a good example of a feature that is able to be carried over to both games.”

• Oh dear. Already hitting on another hack and slash? It’s been barely a year and you guys are jumping into the early expansion band wagon. I hope for the best because you guys are undermanned as far i know. Do you guys have enough developers to take on Chivalry AND Deadliest warrior? Because if you don’t updates will be slugging out slower than a snail chained to a 100 pound weight.

You need to remember that you guys do not have all the time in the world and you guys just came from being modders just barely 5 years ago. I’m assuming that you guys are just below 20 developers. I’d personally hold off on this expansion until i got more bodies to help develop said expansion.

My SINCERE recommendation to you guys is to get either potent “fix-r-upper” updates out to get rid of the majority of the most problematic bugs OR release a working mod creator kit so we can start dishing out some server + content replacers + MAPS and mods.

• Fantastic! Now spartans and samurais can also look like idiots doing backwards 360 spin overheads, crouch lookdown overhead and 360 slash attack :D :D :D

• I just hope the javelineer is a force to be reckoned with.

But it would be a little weird having battles with warriors from different ages and genres. That would break immersion. It would make more sense to have an all roman battle on a roman map, samurai only battle in an eastern map etc.

• Now that I realize… A battle between Spartans and Samourais is as interesting as a Hitchcock’s movie starring Chuck Norris.

• It would be nice if the Mason/Agatha storyline continued, but no, let’s add some random bullshit and make the community even more pissed. You decided to go for Samurai’s and Spartans. What’s next? Vikings, Indians? The current state of the game is pretty buggy and people are complaining about major lag as well. I don’t have any lag, but most of the community has. So fix your current game before adding this.

• Sadly, that won’t happen. They will keep on adding updates for sure but the quality level will NEVER be higher than the current one (which is really poor). They have failed for almost one year whereas they only had one game to take care of. Why would it be better now with two of them ? Time is money. And money is more important than anything else. Even players/gamers. Medieval Warefare is dead, long live Deadliest Warrior. I really don’t like that but we have to face the truth. =/

• @Sebangu:

Sadly, that won’t happen. They will keep on adding updates for sure but the quality level will NEVER be higher than the current one (which is really poor). They have failed for almost one year whereas they only had one game to take care of. Why would it be better now with two of them ? Time is money. And money is more important than anything else. Even players/gamers. Medieval Warefare is dead, long live Deadliest Warrior. I really don’t like that but we have to face the truth. =/

I think they have fixed enough, I said before it is time for them to move on to newer projects. And they are - deadliest warrior, then something else maybe Chiv 2 with a roleplaying and social aspect, more progression, big picture game, new engine etc.

They have proven there is a market for this genre and so its time to start from scratch on new development.

• Iam also disappointed that devs decided to go for the new game instead of fixing and adding new content to to chivalry like new maps for an example.So many people were asking about them remember when TB said they plan to cover more sige environment.it seems those were all empty words i love chivalry but it seems to be dead since this new announcement:/.I mean new project is good but not when you didnt even finish first one.thats my statement

• @stefinger:

Iam also disappointed that devs decided to go for the new game instead of fixing and adding new content to to chivalry like new maps for an example.So many people were asking about them remember when TB said they plan to cover more sige environment.it seems those were all empty words i love chivalry but it seems to be dead since this new announcement:/.I mean new project is good but not when you didnt even finish first one.thats my statement

Well the expansion gives you new maps, you just have to pay for them… I am not sure if we will ever get new maps for Chivalry, I think they have moved on.

• They sold their MW game saying to those who trusted them they would make wonders (fixing bugs, adding free content like new maps/objectives, …) and they’re done after one update only and less than one year of support for MW ?! Crap, I’ve been screwed.

• I’ve got hope for the expansion despite being skeptical of it at first.

My only thought is that they are more experienced in game development and more experienced with the UDK engine than they were when they started to program and develop Chivalry, maybe this iteration will be more polished due to the knowledge they’ve gained.

One can be optimistic I suppose.

• @Planetus:

I’ve got hope for the expansion despite being skeptical of it at first.

My only thought is that they are more experienced in game development and more experienced with the UDK engine than they were when they started to program and develop Chivalry, maybe this iteration will be more polished due to the knowledge they’ve gained.

One can be optimistic I suppose.

hmm I think expansion is a bit of a misnomer.

Its more of a side game that accommodates the desires of Spike TV versus an expansion to the original game.

Doesn’t make it any less, its just not a continuation nor a new version of the original game.

They might fix a few things but its more about new content in terms of classes, weapons, maps etc