Chivalry: The Deadliest Warrior… what?

• @afiNity:

@Peculiar:

@afiNity:

I was pretty sure that it would be something with Asians. And oh surprise it is. Oh well, I’d rather see a DLC with new maps than this. This will divide the community once more.

Wait, so you’re saying that map packs don’t split communities, how does making it so that only people who paid an X amount of money can play on certain maps, so everyone who didn’t want to or couldn’t afford to buy it gets left behind NOT divide the community?

I didn’t say that map packs don’t divide the community.

Ah sorry, I misunderstood your first post “As I want map packs, not this.”

• @Krax:

This is a shame.

You could’ve expanded within the Chivalry universe which is a fantastic area to experiment in, what with the different locations that yet to be have been seen so far (such as Siege from Age of Chivalry).

You’ve basically segregated the community now, just like Red Orchestra 2 and Rising Storm - people will only play Total Warrior, while others will only play Chivalry.

Now what, is that the last thing we’ll see from the Chivalry universe? I doubt you’ll go back to it after this expansion, considering how long they take to make and the amount of money you will make from this expansion is likely to be high.

The worst part about this is that the game isn’t even serious, it’s just pairing up random “factions” throughout the ages and based off a television show - I would’ve been happier if you had just made a separate game and NOT included the “Chivalry” in the title.

i agree…should focus on vanilla chiv (moar hat) then after couple years…we got teaser (Chivalry 2: Samurai Warrior) just like Total War game

• The worst part about this is that the game isn’t even serious, it’s just pairing up random “factions” throughout the ages and based off a television show

no im pretty sure the worst part is that this game isnt any where near polished enough from a serious players standpoint to even consider releasing sumthing else till the current game we are playing has been majorly polished up and they stop screwing over ther admins and release sum decent admin tools and make them actually work!

in a game where everything has been nerfed to the point of no return how do you expect us to really take you seriously, i mean comon deadliest warrior really?

your fan base cant handle anything thats awesome or cool or hardcore, they have whined op on practically every single fucking aspect of the current nerfest we are playing now and it isnt anywhere near being fixed yet, on the admin side or from a serious players point of view.

the nerfest warrior would be a more suitable title then the deadliest warrior.

you know you cant help but lol at the fact that torn banner is gonna try to make sumthing called the “deadliest warrior”!

• Looks laaame.

I’m waay more excited for Bushido: Feudal Warfare.

• @King:

Looks laaame.

I’m waay more excited for Bushido: Feudal Warfare.

But I’m wagering this Deadliest Warrior deal will be done before that. I’m not always a good gambler, though.

Depending on price and what other people say this might be something to get stoked for. If it’s too much money I won’t get it on release, but I could probably do $25 without hesitating, given my faith in TB’s Games replayability track record :).

• @soamd:

Reading this post, I just notice how awesome it would’ve been had Torn Banner partnered with SEGA and Creative Assembly to make historically themed Chivalry games/expansions (under the name Total Warrior?)
    Instead, they partnered with a non-factual show that claims to be factual on a TV channel for fratboys with foetal alcohol syndrome.

Exactly. If they partnered with Sega and combined themes from the Total War games, it would’ve been perfect. When I see this Expansion pack I see Pirates Knights Vikings 2: Chivalry Edition.

• Here’s an idea…
    Fix the bugs, glitches, and balance problems in the current game before getting money hungry and making a new expansion.
    TBS never ceases to amaze me.
    You had such an amazing game… Yes the expansion looks cool, but now is not the right time… NOW both games are going to get half the attention from the dev team and it’s all going to fall to shit…

• This may ease some of your worries.

We recently announced Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior. There’s some speculation on the forums about what this means for support for Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. We have no intention of abandoning Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. Since C:DW is an expansion on Chivalry, both games share much of the same code, meaning that improvements to one can often carry right over to the other. Customization is a good example of a feature that is able to be carried over to both games.

• thank you for clearing that up for us Lucas, im sure it will ease alot of minds reading this. :D

• Being a part of this for years, initially I was confused by such a move, however I do think it will inject a well-due hype into the overall project as well as expanding on the target audience.

Torn banner hasnt lost sight in the main concept in the mason vs agathan world; I think they are taking advantage of the foundation they have spent years building upon by spreading there roots into new directions (Look how call of duty added zombies - as a prompt example).

Regarding quality doubt, I can personally re-assure you that if you were to have compared the very early alpha chivalry to the release chivalry, you’d feel at ease. They are at the top of their game with quality assurance.

Personally I’m excited for hitting the field as a samurai ripping spartans apart… Also gives them more time/funding to decide on the direction they wish to take with Agatha ;)

• @Lucas:

This may ease some of your worries.

We recently announced Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior. There’s some speculation on the forums about what this means for support for Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. We have no intention of abandoning Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. Since C:DW is an expansion on Chivalry, both games share much of the same code, meaning that improvements to one can often carry right over to the other. Customization is a good example of a feature that is able to be carried over to both games.

Well… Torn Banner Studio is finding it difficult to fix one game… It seems every time something is “fixed” two things are broken, and half the time whatever was “fixed” isn’t even fixed. Now that another game is being introduced into the spectrum, both games will recieve 50% of the attention.
    There are still bugs and glitches that have been in the game since release and nothing has been done about it. I guess you can say I’m worried but worried may not be the right word. Worried is a word to use when you suspect horrible things are going to happen… (at least, that’s when I use the word.) I’m not suspecting utter failure, I’m expecting utter failure. I hope you can prove me wrong but the track record for Torn Banner Studios isn’t something amazing.
    sigh I feel I’ll have to continue playing a game full of glitches and balance problems for a lot longer now.

• @Meow:

@Lucas:

This may ease some of your worries.

Well… Torn Banner Studio is finding it difficult to fix one game… It seems every time something is “fixed” two things are broken, and half the time whatever was “fixed” isn’t even fixed. Now that another game is being introduced into the spectrum, both games will recieve 50% of the attention.
    There are still bugs and glitches that have been in the game since release and nothing has been done about it. I guess you can say I’m worried but worried may not be the right word. Worried is a word to use when you suspect horrible things are going to happen… (at least, that’s when I use the word.) I’m not suspecting utter failure, I’m expecting utter failure. I hope you can prove me wrong but the track record for Torn Banner Studios isn’t something amazing.
    sigh I feel I’ll have to continue playing a game full of glitches and balance problems for a lot longer now.

I would imagine Spike TV made them offer they could not refuse. If it gets on TV and brings in a lot of new players then it could bring in significant money - which is more resources and will extend the lifetime of the game.

Now I see why they are moderating the forum so heavily - they don’t want anything too extreme for viewers of the show which obviously will include younger kids. I will have to figure out a balance for my signature lol. Maybe Selena Gomez pics lol.

• @gregcau:

Maybe Selena Gomez pics lol.

Do it.

• I have to say that THIS LOOKS AWESOME. Emphasize LOOKS. We don’t even know how this is gonna look yet, if it’s gonna be a six-side battle or if it’s gonna be 6 warriors a side, or whatever. And there won’t be vikings, the mason MAA already looks like one, and we already have norse weps.
    The biggest discouragement is the whole Spike TV thing, cause they ruin history for people. Seriously, the History Channel is total BS, and Spike TV is too. But, the game can’t be that bad, Chivalry is great , and I generally save my accuracy complaints for Europa Universalis :D .
    The only other concern is, again, splitting the community. I guess we’ll just wait for more info.

• Money>quality
    That’s the problem that we continue to run into.
    Example:
    Taking out CFTP, I was told it was because comboing was supposed to be more risky and you shouldn’t be able to block in a combo… Makes sense…
    But what about the “panic parry”? The panic parry takes away the risk factor of missing attacks… Yes it takes up a good chunk of stamina but do you recall how much stamina it took for a CFTP… What I see here, is an excuse to give new players a easier time. It’s all about money.
    I really hope that they make the right choice with the game and hire good programmers and can pay attention to both games… I don’t see that happening but PLEASE I beg of you, prove me wrong.

• Well my hope is that if the game grows by a lot there will be finally enough people to have an actual competitive community. But I guess they cater this game to the wrong audience (once again). For the sake of noob-friendliness TDW probably will be even easier than the main game.

• @Meow:

Money>quality
    Example:
    Taking out CFTP, I was told it was because comboing was supposed to be more risky and you shouldn’t be able to block in a combo… Makes sense…
    But what about the “panic parry”? The panic parry takes away the risk factor of missing attacks… Yes it takes up a good chunk of stamina but do you recall how much stamina it took for a CFTP… What I see here, is an excuse to give new players a easier time. It’s all about money.
    I really hope that they make the right choice with the game and hire good programmers and can pay attention to both games… I don’t see that happening but PLEASE I beg of you, prove me wrong.

Trust me if you had a business your focus would be on making money, not catering to the hardcore gamers. Panic Parry is a minor saving grace that makes the game much more enjoyable to everyone except the most hardcore gamers. It is hard to cater to both groups, but when you have employees to pay it would be negligent to ignore the majority of your players who paid for it.

Now please, more cosplay pics :-) (kidding, well kind of)

• @gregcau:

@Meow:

Money>quality
    Example:

Trust me if you had a business your focus would be on making money, not catering to the hardcore gamers. Panic Parry is a minor saving grace that makes the game much more enjoyable to everyone except the most hardcore gamers. It is hard to cater to both groups, but when you have employees to pay it would be negligent to ignore the majority of your players who paid for it.

Now please, more cosplay pics :-) (kidding, well kind of)

I’ve always said this:
    “If TBS can’t afford to give quality to the game, then they should sell the rights to a company who can.”
    I still stand by that.

• While I’m really looking forward to this expansion, I also realize when playing Chivalry that there are so many bugs waiting to be fixed.
    And not small things, real bugs that just ruin the fun. These vary from scoreboard bugs, to people blocking/ parrying attacks coming from behind, to getting stuck in stones/ walls etc., getting down-ranked (even if it’s only temporary) and probably many more I’ve encountered so far, fortunately.

Don’t get me wrong. As I’ve said previously, I really look forward to this expansion and I also like playing Chivalry, but there are so many bugs. This game has so much potential and I think I wouldn’t play any other game if it there weren’t those. I have faith, as much as I had when I pledged for the base game on Kickstarter, but please: fix them :|

• Global Moderator

Blocking attacks from behind isn’t a bug. Nor is it game breaking. I think its awesome.