Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior

• CHIVALRY: Deadliest Warrior

COMING SOON

We are very excited to be able to bring the news of our new expansion to our community first! Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior will bring the most iconic warriors from the ancient world, epic new environments and all new game modes to the already expansive Chivalry content. The official announcement with more details will be coming on Monday, but you can see the announcement trailer below:

[youtubehd:3lk2zuvz]jpynx151S_k[/youtubehd:3lk2zuvz]

Find out more on our teaser site: Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior

• An interesting announcement. I know some people have wondered about the samurai/other playing styles, so they will probably be pleased.

Personally I think I’ll stick to traditional medieval gameplay but would happily pay for more maps!

• @rumpelstiltskin:

That’s so horrible. Is it April the 1st?

• Who did the announcer voice?

s’pretty epic.

• Disappointed. Chivalry was an indie game made possible by people interested in seeing a refined full version of a mod. It bothers me that instead of perfecting this game, creating a solid and bug-free platform to flesh out with expansions in the future you’ve decided to work on an expansion based on a stupid show at a time where the community is divided in two.

• @romster:

Disappointed. Chivalry was an indie game made possible by people interested in seeing a refined full version of a mod. It bothers me that instead of perfecting this game, creating a solid and bug-free platform to flesh out with expansions in the future you’ve decided to release an expansion that I’m not sure anyone really wants right now.

And server browser is bugged to this day.

• @King:

Who did the announcer voice?

s’pretty epic.

Probably a guy from Spike if I were to take a guess.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

And server browser is bugged to this day.

Punishment for clicking on the wrong server… just move your mouse to the top of that list and try again!

• Whaaaat? Why would they… I mean… I… am speechless. This truly does look like an April Fools video. Or something done by modders. Instead of expanding the current world, adding more to their fictional medieval era… you guys go for spartans and samurai? What happened to the Tenosians? The ongoing Mason/Agatha storyline? I must say I am disappointed :/

• I like this game mainly for the gameplay not necessarily the medieval theme, so I’m very excited for new content. Looking forward to Monday!

• April the 1st?

• Hell, from a video makers point of view this is AWESOME.

• The whole “Deadliest Warrior” thing reeks of paid for content. If so I won’t be buying it.
    It looks kinda cool though.
    In my opinion, once mods are integrated into the live, the game will land firmly into the hands of the community. TB can do whatever they want after that.

• If there’s a partnership with Spike, chances are this update will cost money. Maybe too early to say.

What I know is that I like my Monthy Python-esque Chivalry as it is now and I won’t play a game that blends unmatching era warriors, especially if the gameplay stays basically the same (who stabs and parries with a katana ?).

Wait and see, I guess.

• @Velociraptor:

Whaaaat? Why would they… I mean… I… am speechless. This truly does look like an April Fools video. Or something done by modders. Instead of expanding the current world, adding more to their fictional medieval era… you guys go for spartans and samurai? What happened to the Tenosians? The ongoing Mason/Agatha storyline? I must say I am disappointed :/

There are more than just those two classes. We are announcing them in twos.

• Disappointment

**_Not long ago we were teased with a quote,

“An expansion is coming” -Yours truly, Slygoat.

Now lo and behold that day hath come,

And what we’re treated to looks shoddy and dumb.

Wtf, many users will say,

Surely this must be April Fool’s Day.

We all thought you were the cream of the crop,

That was up until you revealed us this flop._**

**_And just so we’re clear and you don’t censor my rhyme,

I’ll briefly provide constructive criticism this time.

Why do the models look amateurish at best?

The graphical fidelity is lacking in zest.

This looks like a cash grab and I never thought,

That your integrity could ever be bought.

If I am wrong and you take pride in this work

Then let me say plainly without being a jerk,

That this a far cry from what previously you’ve done

Which seems lacking in polish and most of all fun._**

• Awesome! So many new things I could do with this! :D

Looks awesome Torn Banner!

• We are very excited! :D

• Looks like a promising expansion– I’m interested to see the other factions involved.

Big-picture wise, I’ll have to agree with the general sentiment here. I love what you’ve created, really dig the silly medieval environment, and was hoping that the game would see a whole lot more polishing, bug-fix, neato stuff, and maps before jumping into expansion territory.

That being said, I also understand that TBS needs more capital to keep providing additional content, so a partnership with SPIKE is a great fiscal idea (though a little bit of a bummer to be honest).

Judging by the size of the team, I imagine that a good bit of resources needed to be diverted to work on this, but, I sincerely hope that the vanilla game is improved and expanded upon.

As mentioned in the purchasable hats thread, I will MOWST welcomely keep paying for vanilla content and I imagine that quite a few more folks will too. Please don’t leave us out!

• Great, so instead of one fixed game we will have two buggy games.