Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior

• Can’t wait for this expansion. Going to be interesting to see how they mash up different warriors.

With that said, can you guys PLEASE start fixing the rampant bugs in the game when this is released?

• I’m down with anything that gives me a chance at spartan bot deathmatch ;)

• The Deadliest Warrior is actually caugh caugh an Agathian knight, F%*$ what yah hurd. Will I be able to tear Spartans apart with my tricked out kickass Agathian knight? Or pick them apart as an annoying archer? :( I feel like you gotta have the originals in the expansion. Also, tbs seriously needs to include more of the lore in this game.

Edit: Malric shits on samurai’s and spartans cus he’s a dude.

• Am I the only one who feels this looks like a bit of a groin shot to the Bushido mod that went stand alone?

• @RavenDice:

Am I the only one who feels this looks like a bit of a groin shot to the Bushido mod that went stand alone?

I think there is good reason they went stand-alone BECAUSE of this expansion, maybe TB told them about it?

• So the Bushido featured in this video, isn’t the Bushido Feudal Warfare mod that’s been worked on? I just thought they combined forces.

• I’m just wondering who is holding the shitty end of the stick here?

On one side Bushido Feudal Warfare has the potential to apply the game’s fight mechanics and gore fest to a backdrop of stunning landscapes steeped in the history of warfare that was feudal Japan. The setting provides an amazing array of weapons and magnificently diverse costumes and this combined with the sheer number of warring factions affords the very strong possibility that Bushido Feudal Warfare could actually be better than Chivalry Medieval Warfare.

On the other side Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior; a remake another version of Deadliest Warrior: The Game. A game that rode on the back of the reasonably successful TV series straight into gaming oblivion. I watched a fair number of Deadliest Warrior episodes, drawn in by the [cough] scientific approach to answering interesting questions like: who would win Spartan or Viking? Whilst this was mildly entertaining, I never once thought wouldn’t this make a great video game.

I am confident that TBS will make a far better version of the Deadliest Warrior game but I can’t help but feel that TBS have backed the wrong game entirely.

• @RavenDice:

Am I the only one who feels this looks like a bit of a groin shot to the Bushido mod that went stand alone?

Depends what the expansion is. If its random warriors from different timelines and continents mixed up together on random maps I don’t think it will affect it at all.

If they do a full samurai option so that you can pick 4 different samurai classes and play on an eastern map then Bushido mod is screwed.

• I’d be okay with it if it actually looked good.

It looks like AoC right now.

• I support this project fully, but the build used for the trailer doesn’t give it any justice to the eye of a potential player. I know how it all works and appreciate its all early but definitely think you should’ve delayed the announcement.

Yet I am 100% confident the quality will positively escalate to Torn Banners high standard which i know from experience. From Chivalry’s very early alpha through to the release build I can assure you the quality assurance was nothing short of perfect.

I am confident that between the period of now up until release you will gradually become much more impressed with Deadliest Warrior.

• @Reginhard:

On the other side Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior; a remake of Deadliest Warrior: The Game.

Oh I see the connection now. Before I thought it was just a rip off the tv show for an expansion.

But now I get it, so obviously the TV producers wanted a cool fighting remake.

Ok in that case it could be pretty cool assuming they have sufficient classes. Obviously one or three is not going to cut it. I think 8 would be nice. If it is all new more polished mechanics - and I am thinking the javelin (Troy) then it could be pretty awesome.

• How is it a remake of Deadliest Warrior: The Game? That was a fighting game like Street Fighter, or Mortal Kombat. Chivalry is completely different, and this expansion will play exactly the same as chivalry. So no, not a remake, AT ALL.

• @Pilgore:

How is it a remake of Deadliest Warrior: The Game? That was a fighting game like Street Fighter, or Mortal Kombat. Chivalry is completely different, and this expansion will play exactly the same as chivalry. So no, not a remake, AT ALL.

Not sure what your point is. It sounds like it is delivering a game which meets Spike TV’s concept of Deadliest Warrior. It doesn’t matter what the previous incarnations were.

• TB deserves all they shit they are getting from this idiotic move.

For the sake of being constructive: How about you finish your first project (To the extent that is possible) before moving onto something else?

• @Pilgore:

How is it a remake of Deadliest Warrior: The Game? That was a fighting game like Street Fighter, or Mortal Kombat. Chivalry is completely different, and this expansion will play exactly the same as chivalry. So no, not a remake, AT ALL.

Maybe because they will both be based on the TV series Deadliest Warrior? I don’t know if there are definitive prerequisites to defining what is a remake and what isn’t but I suggest that this qualifies as one.

• @Reginhard:

@Pilgore:

Maybe because they will both be based on the TV series Deadliest Warrior? I don’t know if there are definitive prerequisites to defining what is a remake and what isn’t but I suggest that this qualifies as one.

There is something called “game genres.”

• @Pilgore:

@Reginhard:

@Pilgore:

There is something called “game genres.”

Well; I’m lost here, I really would of thought that a new video game based the Deadliest Warrior TV series would be considered a remake if, as in this case, there is already a video game based the Deadliest Warrior TV series. I guess gaming semantics isn’t my forte.

Still; the salient point in my post is that I feel that TBS have chosen the wrong game to develop.

Sublime Opportunity vs Cash Cow who is deadliest.

• Well; I’m lost here, I really would of thought that a new video game based the Deadliest Warrior TV series would be considered a remake if, as in this case, there is already a video game based the Deadliest Warrior TV series. I guess gaming semantics isn’t my forte.

Still; the salient point in my post is that I feel that TBS have chosen the wrong game to develop.

Sublime Opportunity vs Cash Cow who is deadliest.

I don’t even…just…I am talking to monkeys.

• I don’t understand the hate for this…

1. They are being paid by Spike TV to make this game for a show called “Deadliest Warrior”(Please don’t check that show out, just…don’t.)

2. Do you really think that the money they make from Chivalry will keep the lights open. Not a lot of people are buying this game like how they wanted. They need to keep doors open so you guys can receive more updates, not just be left with a buggy, unfixed game. I think making a new game that is FUNDED by a major network company is the right choice.

3. Guys, what you guys saw in the trailer was most likely an early build, so don’t hate on what you haven’t fully seen.

Honestly, the concept is cool and I feel that TornBanner could pull it off and make a profit off it, making them more money, and getting us more updates. :D

• Also, they have mentioned that they will continue to work on both games, most likely hiring more people or getting Spike TV executives to mess with it which I know they are gonna fuck up the game somehow…I hope not. :(