Looks like each side will have 3 classes. No archers?

• A man can dream, can’t he?

• All hope those archers will get removed!!

• Where did you get that each side will have 3 classes?

And not all the factions have been announced yet. You might get guns.

• @lemonater47:

Where did you get that each side will have 3 classes?

I’m hoping that each ‘faction’ will actually be a class and that Torn Banner had the good sense to get rid of ranged weapons in what should be a melee-based game. Spartans look like the ‘knights’ of their faction and the samurai look like ‘vanguards’.

I’m calling it right now: The vanguards of the Spartan faction will be Mason Order.

Edit: Each faction has 3 spots on the official web site.

http://tornbanner.com/deadliestwarrior/

• We don’t know the load out of each unit.

And Japanese samurai were also skilled users of the bow. A Japanese samurai could use anyway weapon. Its not like in shogun 2 total war. Samurai could use bows, swords, spears and polearms. Trained in all ways of war. Not just one. That’s the European way of war. If torn banner stuck to some historical sense we could see bows that the samurai themselves use.

• Being how it’s now a Spike TV thing, I imagine it’s going to be kind of like Deadliest Warrior. I don’t think there are going to be factions, but one class you can choose from for each culture that has loadouts sort of like what Lemonader is saying. I’m just speculating here, but:

Greeks probably work a lot like jav archers, having the ability to throw their spears or use them in melee. They’ll probably have a sidearm, like a gladuis type sword (I know a gladius was Roman).

Samurai will likely have a bow, a sidearm/shortsword, and the infamous Katana. Remember, samurai were the only warriors of the time allowed to carry TWO swords (one short, one long). It was a status thing.

Then the other classes will probably all have a main weapon, a side arm, and a ranged weapon of sorts. I fully expect to see the claymore in use with Celtic warriors, etc. Again I’m not thinking factions, as much as choosing one character with versatility from each culture. Think Deadliest Warrior… ugh…

I doubt there are any factions, you can probably choose one of six (?) fighters. It’s probably going to be total mashup arcade style, and I doubt we’ll see any stuff with thought into it, like TO maps. I expect a game of full TDM, maybe LTS, and FFA to be honest. If there are culture specific TO maps I will be highly impressed.

My first thought is “please no pirates.” But if there are pirates that also brings about the possibility of a two-ship, man to man melee raid. SWING IN FROM THE CROWS NEST!

And I also imagine you guys will finally get your viking class…

• @Grogan:

@lemonater47:

I’m hoping that each ‘faction’ will actually be a class and that Torn Banner had the good sense to get rid of ranged weapons in what should be a melee-based game. Spartans look like the ‘knights’ of their faction and the samurai look like ‘vanguards’.

I’m calling it right now: The vanguards of the Spartan faction will be Mason Order.

I think you misunderstand. I believe each spot is a different faction and we don’t really know if there will be multiple classes per faction. Time will tell.

• @Dr.Nick:

@Grogan:

@lemonater47:

I think you misunderstand. I believe each spot is a different faction and we don’t really know if there will be multiple classes per faction. Time will tell.

Ah here we go. A quote from the recent newsletter.

Our latest big announcement is our expansion game, Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior! Six of the deadliest warriors from throughout the ages are chosen, so you can decide once and for all who is deadliest!

• As Dr. Nick has said, it is actually six unique warriors, not two factions with three classes.

• Can you confirm whether or not the warriors will have different classes or at least a wide selection of weapons for their loadout?

• What strikes me as retarded is having the Samurai using the Katana as their main weapon (judging by the video). In warfare, it was nothing compared to the Longbows, Pole Weapons.

If you’re going to do something bizarre, like adding Samurai’s and Spartans in to the same mix… at least get their individual traits/ weapons correct.

• Let there be archers! Ancient Asian archer were really good archers!

• @Dr.Nick:

Can you confirm whether or not the warriors will have different classes or at least a wide selection of weapons for their loadout?

I can’t confirm anything at this point. As much as I want to :P

• @Arr0wKn33:

Let there be archers! Ancient Asian archer were really good archers!

Samurai were good archers too. If there’s more than one class or loadout maybe they have an archer loadout or class for the samurai.