Health regen leads to annoying gameplay from time to time

• hi

i want to know if u really want to keep health-regen in the game and if so, why that is.
    it can lead to defensive and annoying duels where the guy who first got hit just goes backwards or even run away until his hp regenerated. i think to make hits meaningfull there shouldnt be hp-reg in the game. maybe make it a special item like hp-potion or something like that, or powerups over the map if u want hp-reg, but i really dont like this call of duty style and i have heard complaints about that from other players too.

• Health regen is necessary to prevent certain abusive tactics or imbalances in competitive objective map play.

By the way, running away is ineffective in Chivalry. You move significantly faster when there’s a nearby enemy on your screen, so you can catch up and finish them if they try to retreat. If they run behind their team, that’s still one less player fighting for their team until he regenerates - and finding a safe place to regenerate can often take longer than just dying and respawning, since you don’t regenerate while blocking or sprinting.

• You move significantly faster when there’s a nearby enemy on your screen, so you can catch up and finish them if they try to retreat.

Except for FFA, as technically everyone is Agathian. I’ve ended up chasing an Archer around half a side of ruins once, that was very annoying. Obviously an oversight and not intended.

• @Martin:

You move significantly faster when there’s a nearby enemy on your screen, so you can catch up and finish them if they try to retreat.

Except for FFA, as technically everyone is Agathian. I’ve ended up chasing an Archer around half a side of ruins once, that was very annoying. Obviously an oversight and not intended.

I’ve brought this up in the past but I imagine it’s low priority. Which is fine, I honestly hate FFA. :)

• A simple fix for the health regen problem would be any interaction with an enemy player (blocking a hit, hitting someone’s block or body) would pause health regeneration for ~10 seconds, or whatever it is until it starts regenerating normally. Something like this is built into BF3 in regards to suppression, and it works very well.

• Developer

That is how it is meant to work- last time I checked it did. Attacking/blocking, maybe even sprinting interrupts regen.

• Sprinting doesn’t reset the delay, but it does pause the regeneration.