TBS and communication: I feel it is slightly lacking

• Focusing purely on the Bug-Reports section of this forum…

I believe the reason so many people are up in arms over trivial/non-game-changing bugs that have plagued the game for so long is because TBS isn’t communicating effectively on their status of the bug report. Time and time again I see so many bug report posts go dead for days, most with no dev responses at all.

I think that at least acknowledging the user’s bug report (a simple “Thank you for reporting this. I’ll send the info to the programmers/whoever to see what they can do about it”) would do great things for the community. You want a +1 in my book? Follow up. After you’ve actually talked to whoever you need to about the bug report, come back to the topic and update (“Hello, OP, I’ve talked with the programmers about the issues with the server browser. Unfortunately, we need more information to pinpoint the cause of this bug. Don’t worry though, we are working on it!”)

Just check the bug reports forum once a day and make replies. I realize SlyGoat and Kimi come around every once in awhile to reply to a few reports, but that’s mostly it.

Both of those replies took about a minute or less to do, and reporting to the devs of the bug probably doesn’t take all that much time either. And trust me, it’s worth it. I’ve seen many companies fail, even if their intentions were good, due to lack of communication/transparency.

Hear me out on this one TBS. Kimi is doing a great job being a community manager so far, but I don’t think one community manager is enough for a game this size.

Also this is late night and mostly rambling so sorry if it’s not easy to follow.

• Thank you for this post, The community has acknowledged the issue and will deliberate what they can do about it with more useless complaints.

Not to worry though, A dev will be around shortly (Usually within 3-5 weeks, unless something more important to the game like Helmets comes along) to acknowledge your problem with the bug forums and put it to shortlist of the 2016 Forum Patch, to get this issue fixed.

• You make a good point but I think the problem is that we have responded to topics and then new topics about the same issue keeps coming up as new people come around. So it’s an ever ending cycle. Even when we had a big thread of known issues, people still posted things without looking into them.

I was thinking of making a new thread of issues that are actually known AND in our tracker - and yes, it’s a long one. Just have to hope that people actually read it, but really, people wear blinders when it comes to certain things.

Communication all around is one of the things we are working on improving.

Also thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it!

• @Kimiko:

You make a good point but I think the problem is that we have responded to topics and then new topics about the same issue keeps coming up as new people come around. So it’s an ever ending cycle. Even when we had a big thread of known issues, people still posted things without looking into them.

I was thinking of making a new thread of issues that are actually known AND in our tracker - and yes, it’s a long one. Just have to hope that people actually read it, but really, people wear blinders when it comes to certain things.

Yes, The new thread just has to be updated on a regular basis. Also adding a high priority to low priority list of the bugs as some community members have posted would make people feel a lot better too.

• @Kimiko:

You make a good point but I think the problem is that we have responded to topics and then new topics about the same issue keeps coming up as new people come around. So it’s an ever ending cycle. Even when we had a big thread of known issues, people still posted things without looking into them.

Have you considered making the tracker public? Read-only, of course. I would love to see all the stuff you guys are currently working on and currently have on your waiting list. It would be amazing when some entitled forum-goer posts a baseless complaint about how TBS doesn’t care and never fixes age old bugs (which most of them are pretty trivial, to be honest, and shouldn’t be super high priority) and then someone like me goes to their tracker and says “Oh really? Look at all the stuff they’re currently fixing” :lol:

Edit: In the bug-reports forum, in big bold capital letters, top sticky:

LIST OF KNOWN ISSUES. READ FIRST BEFORE POSTING.

• Yeah, it will probably have to wait until after PAX since I’m leaving early next week, unless I can get it done Monday or Tuesday, but it’s definitely on my “To Do” list either way.

Event: I don’t think the part we use for this stuff can be made available public. But maybe a screenshot will do. I’ll look into it.

• @Kimiko:

Yeah, it will probably have to wait until after PAX since I’m leaving early next week, unless I can get it done Monday or Tuesday, but it’s definitely on my “To Do” list either way.

Event: I don’t think the part we use for this stuff can be made available public. But maybe a screenshot will do. I’ll look into it.

Edit: In the bug-reports forum, in big bold capital letters, top sticky:

Damn, you posted faster than I could edit, haha.

• Edit: In the bug-reports forum, in big bold capital letters, top sticky:

Damn, you posted faster than I could edit, haha.

Haha, also I believe that’s how our old post was, but oh well. We’ll try it out again! Maybe Sly will be so kind to help me out.

• @Kimiko:

Haha, also I believe that’s how our old post was, but oh well. We’ll try it out again! Maybe Sly will be so kind to help me out.

I believe with the new forum software, you guys might be able to bring up some sort of page or prompt letting them know to check the known issues before posting a topic?

Something like:

User clicks New Thread > Page saying “Don’t forget to check our list of known issues and browse at least the first page of the board for new ones we didn’t catch yet before posting!” > User hits button saying “I’ve read the list of known issues and searched the front page, mine isn’t there” > User can now post topic

• @Event:

@Kimiko:

I believe with the new forum software, you guys might be able to bring up some sort of page or prompt letting them know to check the known issues before posting a topic?

Something like:

User clicks New Thread > Page saying “Don’t forget to check our list of known issues and browse at least the first page of the board for new ones we didn’t catch yet before posting!” > User hits button saying “I’ve read the list of known issues and searched the front page, mine isn’t there” > User can now post topic

Well, it’s not new software, it’s the same one we had before. I didn’t see anything quite like this, but I’ll check and see if there is a mod - otherwise, we’ll just have to let the users do their thing!

• What I have been noticing is that they have been fixing many bugs that no one is complaining about at the moment. No threads about it a no one in game on about them.

Forget those bugs.

• @lemonater47:

What I have been noticing is that they have been fixing many bugs that no one is complaining about at the moment. No threads about it a no one in game on about them.

Forget those bugs.

Some of them I’ve noticed, but never bothered to post. But I do agree. Even if you, the devs, believe other bugs need fixing, but they’ve largely gone under the hood with the community (and as long as it’s not an exploit), please, for the love of all things good, fix the bugs everyone is complaining about, if nothing else but to shut the complainers up.

• I think they should work on the small but blatantly obvious bugs.

Those bugs have been reported so much they no longer get reported. Unless its some newbie.

• @Event:

Time and time again I see so many bug report posts go dead for days, most with no dev responses at all.

I think that at least acknowledging the user’s bug report (a simple “Thank you for reporting this. I’ll send the info to the programmers/whoever to see what they can do about it”) would do great things for the community.

Thank you so much, this is exactly how I feel about it.
    I made so many bug reports, some of them have 0 fucking replies. You don’t even know if someone responsible has seen them at all. Plus, I promise you, I can find a ton of new bugs if I would have a list of things already reported. Public tracker for the win!

• I think it’s pretty clear that they’ve semi-abandoned this game in favor of the expansion. How else could you explain something as blatantly obvious as the third-person crosshair bug going unfixed months after someone reverse-engineered a fix and posted it to the forum (http://tornbanner.com/forums/viewtopic. … +crosshair)?

• I’ve emailed tbs and kimiko, posted on their FB page (private and public) PMed devs and finally I made a topic here on the forums (also after hours of googling and searching the forums). I can’t help but feel I’m being ignored.

• @Grogan:

I think it’s pretty clear that they’ve semi-abandoned this game in favor of the expansion. How else could you explain something as blatantly obvious as the third-person crosshair bug going unfixed months after someone reverse-engineered a fix and posted it to the forum (http://tornbanner.com/forums/viewtopic. … +crosshair)?

They’ve already stated that they don’t intend to fix anything related to third person at the moment. Third person was probably implemented just to have another option, but this game is truly a first person gore-fest. I believe that once they fix most of the other bugs, they may get around to doing that, but I also remember a mod somewhere that fixed it… but I think new patches broke it… or maybe it was never working anyways.

• @Flamingcurtain:

I’ve emailed tbs and kimiko, posted on their FB page (private and public) PMed devs and finally I made a topic here on the forums (also after hours of googling and searching the forums). I can’t help but feel I’m being ignored.

Which email is yours? I get a lot of emails generally and have been backlogged, but I try to respond to everyone if I can or when I have an answer. But it’s possible I may have overlooked yours. Let me know which it is and I’ll take a look.

• ^ I also emailed Kimiko about the Kite shield not appearing on Knight’s back bug that apparently has been long since unfixed. But that was only sent yesterday and I just wanted to make it aware to someone.

• that would be awesome if we could get some responses instead of just censorship and posts going unanswered.

the bug list is getting so huge its time to start doing sumthing about it if you want any of us to actually take you seriously as a developer and want us to think you are anywhere near credible or capable!

it seems anouncing your 1.2 billion sales and making more money off us precidents actually fixing any of the major bugs that have been plauging the game for well over 6 months.

and not listing changes in the change log is getting kinda old also, you cannot do stuff like that its very dishonest and makes you look very very shady, exp when its serious stuff.

every single change no matter how small needs to be listed in each patch notes or you simply cannot be trusted and are doing things behind our backs without telling us, which also doesnt make you look good.