Deadliest warrior better not mash everything together..

• I don’t mind the deadliest warrior expansion as long as it doesn’t become too Arcady!

Please NO crazy skills!
    And please if you mix spartans, samurais and other things in a pit make it a special game mode and have another for clean Spartan vs Spartan , Samurai vs Samurai etc…
    Not everybody likes seeing a samurai inside the Parthenon!

• You don’t have to buy it.

• @pwnzor:

I don’t mind the deadliest warrior expansion as long as it doesn’t become too Arcady!

Please NO crazy skills!
    And please if you mix spartans, samurais and other things in a pit make it a special game mode and have another for clean Spartan vs Spartan , Samurai vs Samurai etc…
    Not everybody likes seeing a samurai inside the Parthenon!

I suspect with the deadliest warriro link, pitching samurai vs sparts is exactly what they intend. Will be interesting to see if maps can be limited to samurai vs samurai (also that kind of matching is good for competitive play)

• I’ve read on the Steam forum from their mouths that the games will be separated. So you don’t have to buy it, and I hope as few as possible do.

• You’d think that after selling “over a million copies” of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, they’d continue and expand on what they got instead of making a deal with a TV show to make their game.

• @omg87:

You’d think that after selling “over a million copies” of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, they’d continue and expand on what they got instead of making a deal with a TV show to make their game.

I imagine they’re getting help from Spike TV’s game studio to make this one happen. They might have a lot more resources available to them, and the money would probably be worth it, even after selling over a million copies of the original game. In order for a game studio to stay alive it has to have a constant source of incoming funds, and I imagine CMW is running out of people to sell to, and most of those sales were ON sale. They probably need a new product to stay afloat.

I’m just curious as to what’s going to happen to CMW after this “expansion.” A friend of mine read somewhere (could all be lies) they were going to leave the “Deadliest Warrior” bit to Spike to run after the game comes out and start on a new project, also calling CMW done. Honestly I’m hoping it’s CMW 2.

CMW is a great game, but it’s flawed on every surface. There are bugs on bugs, bugs coming from fixing bugs, and I’m sure bugs lying in dormant waiting to surface and wreak havoc. The studio now has better resources than it originally did, as well as much more experience. If they were to, say, start development on CMW 2 I would not fault them for that.

We’ll just have to see.

• When I was thinking of an “old style expansion” I was more or less thinking about Age of Empires expansions they were great in size for their time and they came with newer civilizations and a whole new storyline to explore.

I think rather than making the games seperate make it so that people that own the Deadliest warrior expansion can play against Agatha and Mason and vice versa. I’d personally love to see Samurai and Spartan in the original game.

• God forbid they use Unreal to its potential and make it “arcady.” Then the game would unlock its full potential and all the bad players would be relegated to their three pub servers they could still VK each other off of.

I hope you guys go balls to the wall, full out on this expansion. If I wanted to experience reality, I’d have joined the military. I want to see crazy stuff. One thing I like about PVK2 is that one minute you are in an arena, the next playing in a world based on Mega Man. Players that have played Unreal 99 heavily have told me about all kinds of crazy things that an Unreal based game can be. Chivalry has a lot of humor built in, the battle sim crowd has sucked all the fun right out and the expansion is an opportunity to inject it back in. Not to be gross, but think of it like a digital enema…

Unreal has limitless potential once you unlock the restraints.

• If they make it arcade, it should be real arcade style. Like PowerUps that you can collect. Combo Counters. M-M-M-Multikill. Increased Speed/Damage/10 Second Powershield. Telekinesis, Teleport. Flamebolt, Laserswords. Multishot crossbows.

• In the trailer there were Samurais fighting each other. I guess you could at LEAST have a server restriction to only allow Samurais if there isn’t a specific mode.