Does it work with medieval warfare?

• I have been hoping for classes like Samurai and Spartan since I first discovered Chivalry Medieval Warfare but I’m hoping we’ll be able to use these new classes against the vanilla ones, is that expansion going to work with vanilla, like, as a Spartan, are we going to be able to fight on a vanilla map, will we be able to fight on a new map with a men at arm if we bought the expansion?

I’d hate it if Torn banner split the community :(

I think it sucks when developers split the online community with numerous DLC that doesn’t work together and make it super difficult to find a server.

Thanks

• This is purely speculation here but I’ve read in some dev post that CMW will also benefit from this expansion so here is the way I see this :

If you buy the expansion, you’ll be able to play with 6 new classes everywhere. Old maps and new maps. And I guess we can expect 6 new maps. (1 by warrior)
    If you don’t buy the expansion, you’ll only be able to play on old maps and only select the basic medieval classes.

But as I said, this is purely speculation…

• @Blackleader:

This is purely speculation here but I’ve read in some dev post that CMW will also benefit from this expansion so here is the way I see this :

If you buy the expansion, you’ll be able to play with 6 new classes everywhere. Old maps and new maps. And I guess we can expect 6 new maps. (1 by warrior)
    If you don’t buy the expansion, you’ll only be able to play on old maps and only select the basic medieval classes.

But as I said, this is purely speculation…

I doubt there will be any cross over between the two. I think the “Chivalry will benefit from the expansion” was aimed more towards adjusting mechanics, UI, and stuff like that. Of course, this is just my blind speculation too.

• @Knifelegs:

I doubt there will be any cross over between the two. I think the “Chivalry will benefit from the expansion” was aimed more towards adjusting mechanics, UI, and stuff like that. Of course, this is just my blind speculation too.

I was thinking the same thing. Meh, I’ll probably buy it considering how much Chivalry I play, I just really hope it doesn’t suck.