More information for kickvote

• Let’s compile a list of things that should be shown in the kickvote window. Add anything you feel is important.

-ping, maybe with orange/red tints for 100ms+
    -actual number of teamdamage dealt along with percentage so people aren’t kicked instantly if they just joined and hit a teammate once
    -number of teamkills (needs rework to differentiate tk from suicide and include kicking people into hazards)
    -proper idle timer that doesn’t consider you idle when using a siege weapon

Most of this information would probably also be helpful to show when selecting a player on the scoreboard.

• I don’t think number of teamkills is a good idea.

• @lemonater47:

I don’t think number of teamkills is a good idea.

I think it’s a great idea. Make it much more reliable and less players would not be getting kicked at 25% or something.

• @Lancelot:

@lemonater47:

I don’t think number of teamkills is a good idea.

I think it’s a great idea. Make it much more reliable and less players would not be getting kicked at 25% or something.

Problem is you can have 6% team damage and 6 teamkills.

Number of teamkills Is bad. As they can all be accidental. Just the last hit of a team mate. Or seige weapons.

Team damage percentage shows if they are doing it on purpose or not. Number of teamkills doesn’t show that.

• @lemonater47:

Problem is you can have 6% team damage and 6 teamkills.

Number of teamkills Is bad. As they can all be accidental. Just the last hit of a team mate. Or seige weapons.

Team damage percentage shows if they are doing it on purpose or not. Number of teamkills doesn’t show that.

They can also be intentional. I’ve seen opportunist teamkillers purposefully finishing off teammates because the percentage lets them get away with it.
    Which is the lesser evil? A few sub-par players with 10-20% teamdamage and an unfortunate amount of “last hits” getting kicked (and possibly learning a valuable lesson) or one intentional tker ruining entire games because of the hostility and often retaliation that he provokes? I would even say that individual teamkills being unaccounted for is the cause of further teamdamage as people become frustrated with their votes failing and see fit to deliver justice themselves.

There is no reason for siege weapons to be exempt from teamdamage percentage and kills. Despite what is observed on the average server, it is possible to kill more enemies than teammates with catapults and ballistas. More often however there’s just one guy firing wildly, ignoring the objective and being a nuisance to his team that is impossible to kick because there is no teamdamage or kills shown. The enemies don’t care, and neither does anyone on your team that happens to have been spared so far.

• Amount of teamdamage. That’s the only that is reliable. Also I wonder why idle-time was removed from the votes.

• @afiNity:

Amount of teamdamage. That’s the only that is reliable. Also I wonder why idle-time was removed from the votes.

Was it? It shows just fine for me on Beta.

As for the amount of team damage, don’t be fooled. If you take a look at the method AttackOtherPawn where the damage to be dealt is calculated you will notice that it’s not very reliable at all.
    It won’t calculate the actual health damage you’re dealing to your opponent, but rather all the damage you are dealing to him/her.
    Say, your team mate has only 1 health, but your overall attack deals 50, it will assume you dealt 50 team damage.
    It will also not calculate team damage from Siege Weapons.

• I know that but TB needs to fix this anyway.
    Also, yes on live it doesn’t show the idle-time.