DW Needs A Lot of Work: With Pictures

• Please tell us this is an Alpha build, because it still needs a ton of polish. In the beginning the video shows Chivalry then C:DW which PALES in comparison to C:MW. TB, why did you guys release the video when the game is not even close to done?

Edit: images fixed.

• It is. The video is off a month old build of the game, which is currently in alpha. It is a teaser/announcement trailer.

• It’s good to see the franchise (can I call it that) growing. I love announcements as much as anyone, but the game looks so unfinished. I hope this is not being aired on TV, it’ll make Chivalry look bad to newcomers.

• @Andrew:

It is. The video is off a month old build of the game, which is currently in alpha. It is a teaser/announcement trailer.

Did you not maybe consider that making such a terrible video would put players OFF the game completely?

• @Teocyn:

@Andrew:

It is. The video is off a month old build of the game, which is currently in alpha. It is a teaser/announcement trailer.

Did you not maybe consider that making such a terrible video would put players OFF the game completely?

Yea, it was pretty…underwhelming.

Hopefully it’ll be worth it though.

• I agree. Perhaps it was a little too early to announce the expansion with a video trailer. Maybe some pre-rendered concept art would have been much better.

• @Teocyn:

@Andrew:

My thought too. Between this, the new forum format, excessive moderation of posts, I am scratching my head as to the new direction TBS is taking.

• @gregcau:

@Teocyn:

@Andrew:

My thought too. Between this, the new forum format, excessive moderation of posts, I am scratching my head as to the new direction TBS is taking.

Excessive moderation? Your sig bugging out doesn’t count as moderation.

Look at the map quality of normal chiv. That’s the quality of map you will get at release.

People need to assume. Not base it all off a video of an alpha that’s one month in.

• Not to sound rude, but everyone who assumes a teaser video of something is the ‘final’ product is not a very smart individual. There is NO RELEASE DATE, this could come out in a year from now or maybe 2-3 months from now and still look better than the teaser trailer.

Sorry, had to add my two cents… People who judge based off pictures and videos of a game that isn’t even out yet really make me facepalm in embarrassment… Go home, you’re drunk!

• Here is the Chivalry Teaser Trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ze1dHWRz3s

Back from when it was called Chivalry: Battle for Agatha.

Steve always gets mad at me when I bring it up for some reason…

• I don’t see why, that was clearly ready for launch.

• I really find it amazing that so many people throw the arguement “It looks terrible!” out there. It’s obviously an alpha build, it’s a freaking teaser trailer. When do you see teaser trailers for movies? Several months if not maybe a year (or more!) before it is even released. You could argue that teasers don’t show much of anything, just tease the concept, but this at least gives you a brief glimpse of the fighting and suchlike, which I wonder if people honestly would have preferred left out of the trailer.

Alpha. Alpha is alpha. Alpha papa.

• @Ma:

I really find it amazing that so many people throw the arguement “It looks terrible!” out there. It’s obviously an alpha build, it’s a freaking teaser trailer. When do you see teaser trailers for movies? Several months if not maybe a year (or more!) before it is even released. You could argue that teasers don’t show much of anything, just tease the concept, but this at least gives you a brief glimpse of the fighting and suchlike, which I wonder if people honestly would have preferred left out of the trailer.

Alpha. Alpha is alpha. Alpha papa.

^ +1

• Regardless of it being in an early alpha stage it was still a pretty dumb move making a trailer showing it at this state because the whole point of a trailer is to get people interested in what you’re making. Showing a load of pre-alpha footage where everything looks terrible is just going to make a lot of people completely lose interest in the product because most people who see the trailer won’t come to the forums to hear the excuses (however valid they may be) saying why the trailer looks so bad.

• @David:

Regardless of it being in an early alpha stage it was still a pretty dumb move making a trailer showing it at this state because the whole point of a trailer is to get people interested in what you’re making. Showing a load of pre-alpha footage where everything looks terrible is just going to make a lot of people completely lose interest in the product because most people who see the trailer won’t come to the forums to hear the excuses (however valid they may be) saying why the trailer looks so bad.

Arma 3, BOOM! Arguement invalid.

• @David:

Regardless of it being in an early alpha stage it was still a pretty dumb move making a trailer showing it at this state because the whole point of a trailer is to get people interested in what you’re making. Showing a load of pre-alpha footage where everything looks terrible is just going to make a lot of people completely lose interest in the product because most people who see the trailer won’t come to the forums to hear the excuses (however valid they may be) saying why the trailer looks so bad.

Exaaactly. Like that Battle for Agatha trailer, at least the game actually looked good, you know.

• Battle For Agatha looked good indeed. It was close to what we currently have with Chivalry -MW. But if the Chivalry - DR trailer is representative of what we’ll buy when the game is out… OUCH !!! =/

• im all for it, if it gives them more people to help with the current game we are playing, maybe sum fresh minds will help them see the light and realize how bad they have actually butchered CMW with nerfs and all the gameplay breaking bugs and unfair combat system, ridicolous stun dazes and stamina drains.

we all want a game we can play, on our reaction time not playing sumthing that controls when and what we can do, thats the main problem with this game, the system they designed currently doesnt even work consistently or smoothly, properly or fairly, and every action you try and do there is a delay built into it, and no animations can overlap, which bogs/slows down the combat horendously to the point where if you add the glitches, missed swings and blocks and the ridicolous flinch time and stun dazes and stam drains into the mix you cant even play at all for more then a few seconds before sumthing slows you down or ruins the gameplay or your out of stamina and die.

now does that sound like fun to anyone?

so hopefully this will turn things around for TB, id like to see them do good and do us good!

and just like CMW their concept is good, lets just hope they get the exicution right this time.

• As long as DW is as polished and fun as MW I’ll be happy. :D

• An independent game studio doesn’t really have the luxury of dozens of artists and programmers able to polish up a small section of the game for an announcement trailer, or even to generate some pre-rendered CGI as a representation of the direction they’re headed. I imagine TBS are pretty excited about it and wanted to get the word out there, even though it’s in early stages. That’s why it’s still in development. Give them a break.

I mean, they could’ve done an announcement trailer like this. Would you have preferred that?