Sound Glitch

• Anyone ever have the audio short out sometimes?

Any idea how to turn it back on? I’ve tried hitting “reconnect” and it just makes a little blip and then doesn’t fix it.

Also, anyone ever seen the chat box short out for some reason?

• @Carolean:

Anyone ever have the audio short out sometimes?

Any idea how to turn it back on? I’ve tried hitting “reconnect” and it just makes a little blip and then doesn’t fix it.

Also, anyone ever seen the chat box short out for some reason?

I’ve had the audio short out a few times while in server, but it seems to return when back in menu.
    However, I’ve had to restart Chivalry to get sound back if I rejoin the server.

The chat box short out? Do you mean the chat feed in the left hand corner? Or the inability to type in chat without going into the console?
    I only experience the latter, quite often when my chat gets interrupted by some form of annoying menu

• This is a very old bug without much support found about it. Still happens usually around a map change. CLICK POP, then no sound except back to the main menu. You have to restart your game in order to get it to work. I am guessing that this may also be a reason why the game will randomly crash around map change due to this sound bug. Sever side there are still errors being reported in the server logs so i am sure there is a tie in. It is just hard to replicate the bug on demand and the devs current answer is to update your sound drivers…… yeah that will do it… :hopel: