How To: Windows B3 for Chivalry

• In this guide, I will cover how to set up B3 for Chivalry on a Windows based operating system.

Things you will need:
    Access to your windows server using either remote desktop or SSH
    PuTTY client (for SSH)
    FileZilla (for SFTP/SCP)
    Navicat/HeidiSQL for MySQL (for Database management)(optional)

Latest Daily Dev build of B3(The .zip package for 32-bit Windows)
    OR
    Latest Daily Dev build of B3(The .exe installer for 32-bit Windows)

Installing B3
    .Zip Version:

! 1) Unzip the folder
    ! 2) Open up FileZilla and click File->Site Manager
    ! 3) Configure your connection for your Windows Server
    !
    ! Make sure you select SFTP and input the proper login credentials.
    !
    ! Then drag the folder into the location on the windows server file system.
    !
    ! 4) Open a command prompt on the server (using remote desktop or SSH through http://cygwin.com/ )
    ! - I Will not go into depth on this, people who rent off-site Windows systems know how to access the Windows Server GUI/CLI in one way or another.
    !
    ! On the command prompt, you need to change directory into where your b3 install is located.
    !
    ! This is what it looks like when you cd into the b3 install folder.
    !
    ! issue the following command to run B3:
    ! ! C:\B3Directory\> b3_run.exe ! !This will run B3.

.Exe Version:

! For the .exe version please click here
    ! Wherever you install B3 to using this method is just like doing the .zip file method, it just extracts the B3 bot files into the specified location. After you install it using the .exe, follow along with the rest of this guide.
    !
    ! 4) Open a command prompt on the server (using remote desktop or SSH through http://cygwin.com/ )
    ! - I Will not go into depth on this, people who rest off-site Windows system know how to access the Windows Server GUI/CLI in one way or another.
    !
    ! On the command prompt, you need to change directory into where your b3 install is located.
    !
    ! This is what it looks like when you cd into the b3 install folder.
    !
    ! issue the following command to run B3:
    ! ! C:\B3Directory\> b3_run.exe ! !This will run B3.

Running B3

! NOTE: the following images and documentation are copied from my Linux guide. Ignore the Window its in, all the configurations still apply.
    !
    !
    ! This is the first prompt when you run the setup. In the brackets, it shows you what it will do by default if you just hit Enter. Do so now. It will save the config file into the default location, as b3.xml.
    !
    !
    ! This is what happens when you hit Enter. It confirms a backup or creation operation of the new configuration file.
    !
    !
    ! It now asks to define your game. THIS IS IMPORTANT! please read the list of games they have in the dialogue, you should see “chiv” somewhere in there. If you don’t see it there, you have installed the wrong version of B3 and must go back to step 1, where you download the proper version of B3 and transfer it to your server.
    !
    ! For now, type in chiv. Hit enter.
    !
    ! Right after, it asks to use a template. Just hit enter again, it knows it by default.
    !
    !
    ! This is the most important part! This is where B3 prompts you for your MySQL database information. It is extremely important that you take your time and fill this out properly, since if you put in the wrong info, it will encounter errors once you hit Enter. If this happens, just start this guide’s step from the beginning, and run B3_run.py again.
    !
    ! For the MySQL information, the following is the exact format of what you need to input:
    ! ! mysql://user:password@SQLserversIPaddress:Port/databasename ! ! or example: ! mysql://XXX:XXXXXX@ddd.site.nfoservers.com:3306/ddd_b3tut (this is my server's info, minus the user/pass.) ! !
    ! If nothing goes wrong, it should give you the following output….
    !
    !
    ! It will tell you that it has connected, and that it is executing Sql. This means it has successfully entered your MySQL database, and that it has also created the Tables need for B3 to fill in data.
    !
    ! It then asks you for a bot name. This is unimportant, as Chivalry does not show the bot’s name in chat when it echoes out commands. I usually just type in ‘Server’ so that i know what the server replies in the chat log.
    !
    ! After the bot name, it will ask you to configure a bunch of stuff that isn’t really that important. time format, time zone, logging level, etc. Just hit Enter for each prompt to use the default [bracketed] values.
    !
    ! Then we get to……
    !
    ! Here is the next important part! This is where you put in your GAME SERVER IP address. Yes, the IP players connect to when they play. For me, I use my registered domain name.
    ! So I put in Devildogsden.net for the IP.
    !
    !
    ! As you can see, it asks for a game port, just put in 6000. This is the standard query port for the Steam server browser. If you manually configured your UDKGame.ini to make this different, make sure you match it properly.
    !
    ! Then it asks for your Rcon Ip. Also put your game server IP here.
    !
    ! The next prompt is about the Rcon port, just hit enter, or whatever you configured in your UDKGame.ini. (Usually, just hit enter.)
    !
    !
    ! Now it asks for your Rcon password. This is your Adminpassword. This is the same password you use when you’re in the game and use the console to send the command “adminlogin XXXXXX”
    !
    !
    ! Now it asks what development channel do you want the B3 bot to listen to.
    ! WATCH OUT! you’re used to hitting “Enter” to accept the default, but you need to type in
    ! ! dev ! !to make sure it attaches to the dev branch.
    !
    ! Once you hit enter, it will go through a bunch of prompts about in-game messages and such. Just hit enter over and over again until you get to the “installing plugins” part.
    !
    !
    ! Do you want to install all plugins? I would recommend you hit Enter and say yes, as B3 will then install most of the plugins you probably want. If not, and you want to be a hardcore administrator that knows exactly how to install and configure b3.xml to add different plugins, you can change this option.
    !
    ! Once you hit enter, it asks if you want to install the extra plugins. I recommend the default as well, No. It installs Chatlogger, which is not exactly compatible with Chivalry right now, and can cause stability issues with 32+ slot servers. It causes lag, and requires extra configuration.
    !
    ! Just hit enter.
    !
    ! And theeeennn……
    !
    !
    ! WOOHOO! you made it! You barely made it through the gauntlet that is the Bigbrotherbot startup script! You should be proud, as it’s really quite a pain.

Using B3 and Register As Superadmin

! Using B3 and Become SuperAdmin(Owner)
    ! This part is very easy to explain, but it is also very important.
    ! To register your Steam account in your server as the SuperAdmin, log into the game, and get into your server.
    ! Then hit ‘Y’ (or whatever you use to chat)
    ! and type in !iamgod
    ! This is a one-time command, and upon usage, edits the commands config file and deletes the command. its a one-way ticket into becoming superadmin on the first time B3 runs on the server. If you did it right, it should now say you’ve become SuperAdmin, and applies a user level of [100].
    !
    ! You are now done.

• Reserved for expansion or for further explanations

• Bump, I noticed some people were re-creating B3 tuts, so this is just to bring it back into view.

I still believe B3 is the best option for RCON right now.

• No one else seems to be able to tell me which features work, since you’ve used it enough to create this nice guide maybe you will know…

Which plugins/features actually work?
    I was mostly interested in:
    Censorplugin
    Spamplugin
    Advplugin
    Tkplugin
    Pingwatchplugin

didn’t want to go through the long process of setting this up just to find that being related to Torn Banner has made all the features break

• So I tried again to get this installed and working. I actually got it to log into the server and the MySql but I keep getting this error after I go through the B3.XML manual setup:

Critical: Cannot find parser ‘chiv’. Check you main config file (b3.xml)
    Import Error (‘no module named chiv’, )

I have deleted the b3.xml and tried it again but no luck. I also had some issues with some of the questions for setting up the config like the game log name and location.

Ugh what a huge pain in the ass this is……

• @cjkupers CJKupers, I would greatly appreciate any response as to why B3 won’t detect the Chiv.py parser file? I’ve spent 2 days on it, reinstalled B3, tried the portable version and more.