Might Have Gotten Lore Wrong?

• Well, maybe. On the TO map Stoneshill the anonymous narrator says something like “We must protect Feydrid, he is the last remaining heir”. WELL that’s not entirely true. Feydrid is actually just the leader of the agathian forces(according to the wiki). The last remaining heir is Argon’s nephew “Danum Argon”(according to the wiki). I was hesitant to post something about this because I’m probably wrong. Anyone know for sure?

• Yes, Feydrid’s just the Agathian general if I remember from reading the manual. But it might be an oversight just to scream “KILL THE KING!”

Wrong thread category btw.

• aw, ok ill look for the right catagory. But yeah, they done goofed on the lore…maybe. Not tryin to be nit-picky, just wondering.

• Stoneshill takes place after Darkforest where all the Agathian royal family were killed, presumably including Danum Argon. Feydrid is more the de facto leader now that Argon’s bloodline has been wiped out; but calling him the king is obviously more inspiring. The Agathians know the importance of having a figure to rally around, royalty or not. After all, the Masons call Malric the king.

I think Danum Argon was the prince you had to rescue in the Siege map in AoC; the rest of Argon’s bloodline was slaughtered, but he, being the next in line for the throne, was taken prisoner in favor of a public execution, because that’s how Malric does things. That’s probably where the wiki got its information. But a lot of AoC’s lore doesn’t necessarily apply to Chivalry.

• Thank you so much for that explanation, SlyGoat. Now, the story is clear ! =) But does it mean each TO Map is canonical only if the attack team wins ?

• @Sebangu:

Thank you so much for that explanation, SlyGoat. Now, the story is clear ! =) But does it mean each TO Map is canonical only if the attack team wins ?

I believe it goes Battlegrounds -> Darkforest -> Stoneshill for Mason “canon” victory, Battlegrounds -> Hillside -> Citadel for Agatha “canon” victory. Battlegrounds is the former capital city that the Agathians discover occupied by Malric’s forces when they return from the crusade, so whether the Agathians can retake the city or the Masons push them back is the initial turning point.

• Ah ok, makes sense now.

• I swear my posts just disappear from threads these days. I mean I answered this.

Anyway the way missions go as a timeline are as follows.

Hillside
    Battlegrounds
    Darkforest
    Stoneshill/Citadel.

The agathains come back from Tenosia and they are the second larger wave of those who returned. The first wave was composed primarily of those under Malric’s command who came months earlier. They get blockaded out of port. They send in their army to try and break the blockade. That’s hillside.

We don’t really know what way around battlegrounds and darkforest are. It doesn’t say.

In battlegrounds the city is the capital. The agathains have been besieging them for a while. Now they be to destroy the farms in the hope of starving them to surrender. Blowing up the gate makes it easier to assault in the future, lowers the masons morale and provides a way for any mason soldier to easily surrender as all he needs to do Is run out the main gate.

In dark forest the masons know the agathains are rapidly taking ground so they decide to strike at the heart of the agathain assault. Stoneshill castle. They go to point the water supply. And by chance thy happen to come across to where the royal family is hiding. They don’t know they were there.

Stoneshill is a mason victory and citadel is an agathian victory.

• I believe it goes Battlegrounds -> Darkforest -> Stoneshill for Mason “canon” victory, Battlegrounds -> Hillside -> Citadel for Agatha “canon” victory. Battlegrounds is the former capital city that the Agathians discover occupied by Malric’s forces when they return from the crusade, so whether the Agathians can retake the city or the Masons push them back is the initial turning point.

I thought Hillside was the chronologically first map in any possible way. As far as I understand, that is when the Agathian navy returns from the crusade but their vanguard discovers the land was taken over by hostile forces - the Mason Order. Thus, the Agathians have to light the signal fires to alarm their navy, clear the beach fortifications and finally sink the Mason fleet so that the Agathian navy can land with full force (and not just with a few boats as seen at the beginning of the map). Doesnt the lore trailer even state the Agathians discovered the Masons as soon as they landed?

Battlegrounds seems more like it takes place quite some time after the initial return of the Crusaders, when the Agathians already led a lengthy campaign to re-conquer the country, starting from the sea advancing inlands. Arent there even some maps around the Agathian camp that show how much of the country is in Agathian and how much in Mason hands? Wouldnt make much sense if this was the first Agatha-Mason battle, just as it would make little sense for the Masons to do nothing untill the Agatha Knights besiege the capital.

• @lemonater47:

I swear my posts just disappear from threads these days. I mean I answered this.

I know that. My problem often is I click “post”, then the forum says “Another post was submitted while you were writing, do you still want to submit?”

I often dont notice that and assume my post went out, close the window and later wonder where my answer is.

• @Don_Kanaille:

I believe it goes Battlegrounds -> Darkforest -> Stoneshill for Mason “canon” victory, Battlegrounds -> Hillside -> Citadel for Agatha “canon” victory. Battlegrounds is the former capital city that the Agathians discover occupied by Malric’s forces when they return from the crusade, so whether the Agathians can retake the city or the Masons push them back is the initial turning point.

I thought Hillside was the chronologically first map in any possible way. As far as I understand, that is when the Agathian navy returns from the crusade but their vanguard discovers the land was taken over by hostile forces - the Mason Order. Thus, the Agathians have to light the signal fires to alarm their navy, clear the beach fortifications and finally sink the Mason fleet so that the Agathian navy can land with full force (and not just with a few boats as seen at the beginning of the map). Doesnt the lore trailer even state the Agathians discovered the Masons as soon as they landed?

Battlegrounds seems more like it takes place quite some time after the initial return of the Crusaders, when the Agathians already led a lengthy campaign to re-conquer the country, starting from the sea advancing inlands. Arent there even some maps around the Agathian camp that show how much of the country is in Agathian and how much in Mason hands? Wouldnt make much sense if this was the first Agatha-Mason battle, just as it would make little sense for the Masons to do nothing untill the Agatha Knights besiege the capital.

Yep I think so too. Hillside is the first battle ever, at least in my understanding. The Agathian army returns from their failed crusade and the masons don’t want to let them in.