Torn Banner you need to fix this

• I am a chivalry old-timer. I have 525 hours logged and I was in beta.

I don’t know what happenned after patch but everything seems to be broken.

First of all I play last team standing only.

Now all I can see is people walking outside the border of the map on “moor”
    man at arms walking on the top of the castle on stoneshills
    hell played 1 hour yesterday saw 3 different people flying on the top of the death pit in arena.
    and soooo many other things

Ah and the votekick system… Ok sometime I curse and I get kicked I admit it… I deserve it. I’m a grown men this is a video game. I get it OK ?

But now this is getting out of hand, I just want to play my lts the way it’s meant to be played, if ur not a part of the “cool” group ur done they get you out of official servers.

I’ve played 1 hour yesterday, 7 people got kicked. 3 for flying in the geometry, 4 for absolutely no reason.

The votekick system is actually ruining the game. I love your game Torn Banner, but you need to find a solution to this fast

thanks

• It’s the community that ruins the votekick system. Not the system itself.

• no its also a faulty system, there is no exception for anyone to get kicked for no reason!

i dont even have vote kick enabled on my server, cause no one is kicking anyone from My server but Me!

imagine you are just playing having a good time with your buddies and all of the sudden your getting jacked out the server cause a bunch of trolls this comunity is so rampant with vote kicks you out,

usually because you are beating them, nothing else. and yet the game is still nerfed!

thats fair? and is ok , i think not my friend!

are you gonna come back to that server again?> hell no you aint!

this is one of the games/comunities worst flaws.

• VK is poison to the project and the community. When combined with the hate-speech, you are opening yourself up to potential problems. All these new anti-bullying laws in the West plus the sue-happy culture equals one kid committing suicide post-trolling for TBS to end up with a situation they do not need. Not to mention that when combined with the access and install issues, you lose players by the drove. Remember, these are official servers, so it is assumed someone is taking care of business.

Just like with game balance, TBS foolishly trusted the community to handle this and ended up with this as a result. I don’t blame them as you should be able to count on a majority of customers being mature, but what can you do, you cannot guarantee who will stay and play, but at this point, maybe VK needs to go. Maybe TD needs to go.

A 12-year old power trippin? Where I’m from, you get beat the f*** down at 12 years old when you start power trippin. We as a community and TBS have to figure out a way to deliver these people the digital version (also, the legal version, lol) of this principle. I know when the admin is away at our server and trolls act up, regulars just band up and target them til they don’t come back. It isn’t optimal, but it would be a start…

• Vk is great if used properly. Sadly most admins do not set it up and run default settings allowing way too much vote kicking.

1. Do not allow voteban
    2. Do not let enemy team start a vote kick.
    3. Change the successful vote kick from 55% to 60%-65%
    4. Vote kick = 1 hour not default.

This has solved most all of the abuse of vote kicking non my servers.

The other thing is a social issue and the effects of being indoctrinated into the world of hyper sensitivity political correction. If you are easily offended and seriously lack the skills of dealing with it effectively, stay off of my servers and probably the internet in general. Seriously. Were you never taught “sticks and stones”? If you don’t like something, go somewhere else and quit demanding that others change to suit your hyper sensitivity. If some dumbass kid kills himself because he was offended or bullied in a video game, Darwin at work. Blame his parents for not instilling the skills necessary to go through life without being coated in bubble wrap.

There have been several threads that were closed and people banned because whiny hyper sensitive players were offended yet they could not distinguish between logical critical thinking and what they thought was offensive when it actually wasn’t. Players need an understanding and a real command of the English language and in the US, respect for the 1st amendment of our constitution. Instead what we get is knee jerk reactionaries…. “waaa I am offended, I am telling the moderators…”

Point being is that admins can run their servers anyway they want. If you dont like it, move to another server.

• @WARSAW:

no its also a faulty system, there is no exception for anyone to get kicked for no reason!

i dont even have vote kick enabled on my server, cause no one is kicking anyone from My server but Me!

imagine you are just playing having a good time with your buddies and all of the sudden your getting jacked out the server cause a bunch of trolls this comunity is so rampant with vote kicks you out,

usually because you are beating them, nothing else. and yet the game is still nerfed!

thats fair? and is ok , i think not my friend!

are you gonna come back to that server again?> hell no you aint!

this is one of the games/comunities worst flaws.

Yeah down where I live people respect votekick. So when one idiot does a reasonless votekick it gets a bug fat no.

Even if a bunch of trolls come along they still all fail and those trolls get kicked. It would have to be half the server being trolls for them to succeed. The most we have had is 4. And those guys get banned either by us admins seeing them or the report system.

The community where you are is fucked up.

• +1 to this ^

Where i am my internets community does not feed trolls either and the vote kick system is respected.