Kicks need some reworking.

• The light kick is too slow for what it was made. I have no problems with heavy kick that stuns shields cause the stun is already long and if it heavy kick was faster it would be even harder on shield users. Light kick is another story, it does not stun and it was made to keep people off your face. Yet the delay before it comes out makes it useless. You can kick someone who you see running at you but then you are back to same situation with someone running at you but now you have less stamina.
    Yes, you can use kicks to kick someone off the ledge but wasn’t light kick meant to be used to keep people off of you? It would be better if fast kicks came out faster so that you can use it after you been blocked, fast enough so you wont get hit at least by one handed weapons.

• You pretty much nailed it with this post OP. For a technique that is supposed to help create distance, it seems like you need to plan it in there as part of your attack plan as opposed to being able to use it to break up an attack.

• Yeah, fast-kick is not that fast. When I try and use it as a part of a combo(would be great if fast kick was comboable) I get hit almost 90% of the time. It’s just silly that it takes so long for what it does.
    Another story is when it wont work… I had this happen to me more than once. I kick the guy and nothing happens he is still in my face already swinging at me (lag?).

I personally do not see any difference in speed between slow and fast kick really. To use any kick I have to jump+kick to get the guy. And what’s with the hit detection on it?!!??!

ssssSILLYyyyy :x

• I thought I was just playing bad…the kick not responding has been happening to me too lately. This should be fixed…it is such a cool option to throw off a raging opponent when it works. And yes, it would be pretty awesome if we could shield bash and kick (as any class) during our counters and combos.

• The fast kick is a little faster I think. I remember checking it and it seem just a little faster. The way it comes out what makes it bad, both take too long. Which is fine for heavy kick, but fast just does not seem to do what it meant to do.

• The light kick is faster than the heavy kick, but by no means is it “fast” but i think it serves its purpose.

Its supposed to give momentary clearance between you and the enemy. When you block a facehugger, you can a) strike back asap or b) kick then strike back asap. The difference is the kicked enemy has to invest time in running back to you for a longer retalliation, and its safer for you if you have a hard time with facehuggers. Sure the enemy can run back…. its not like the kick broke his leg.

It would be better if fast kicks came out faster so that you can use it after you been blocked, fast enough so you wont get hit at least by one handed weapons.

So, when blocked, instead of you, attacker turned defender, having to skillfully aim your parry, you just want simply kick the enemy off? This would give your long reach weapons a heavy advantage because, since you would strike first, and if they block, you would immediately kick them, so they can’t retalliate… then rinse and repeat.

• It does not come out as fast after block, not fast enough not to get hit really. Only if they give you time to do it.
    I can see what you mean, that long reach would get an advantage in it. It also costs stamina thought, so if you do miss you can ran out of stamina quick. Now the fast kick not going to do anything for you against anyone decent. There been a few times where I am trying to do it and it comes out so late after my last action that the whole positioning is lost and I also get hit.

• it def works if you do it at the right times… i’ve gotten out of a ton of attacks just by using it at the right moments. I wouldn’t suggest using it while you’re getting wailed on, you have a parry for that, but after your parry is a good time to kick someone to get some distance back. In between combos is actually a good time to if you score a hit and then kick while they try and attack you. Those are 2 great times to use it, it just drains stamina though so mostly i just use the heavy one when fighting shields. It still has uses in melee though. WHen people get kicked back too, they get angry i’ve noticed and tend to not think about their attacks too much, it’s an annoyingly loud sound.

• @clayton-bigsby:

it def works if you do it at the right times… i’ve gotten out of a ton of attacks just by using it at the right moments. I wouldn’t suggest using it while you’re getting wailed on, you have a parry for that, but after your parry is a good time to kick someone to get some distance back.

Exactly, it’s the timing. I think if the kick were any faster you’d never land a hit on a vanguard. You’d just get kicked away and stabbed.

Don’t think “oh this mechanic doesn’t work for me, so it sucks”. Think about what the mechanic means for the game as a whole. If kick were even easier and even faster they’d be a problem for most classes, and would be a huge disruption from the “meat” of combat.