Team recognizing

• Hello,
    I’d like to discuss about recognizing players in teams. New option after last patch for color customization is nice and friendly for user but many colors in game sometimes do one big “clusterfu*k”. Especialy on dark maps and in chaos mass fight the new color system is really annoying. Best example are players with full black costume with random colors like green yellow etc. You must agree with me that minimalny once after patch you could kill your team member or you just attacked on wrong person because of color and only one indicator how can you recognize your team member or oponnent is focus cursor on fighter and check if his nick is red or blue. I guess you will be agree with me that you have no time for checking nicks, because you must focusing for attacking, position etc. So I’d like to see something like i suggested on 2nd screen. This can be really useful I guess.

Now:

Typical use of this system is in lineage 2. Ppl who played lineage 2 remember it :) http://moon-land.net/templates/moon-land/imgs/lineage2interludepre06.jpg

PS: Sry for grammar
    Thanks J4CK

• Ok edited now it is ready for discuss :)

• As from your examples there, I see no difficulty in distinguishing masons from agathians. They wear black or red tabards, therefore they are masons. Maybe I just play at a too low graphical setting so that I don’t have the same problem that many people seem to have - to distinguish black from dark blue. I haven’t team killed a single person since the patch due to me mistaking him for an enemy. All my team kills are due to stabs missing my intended enemy target and ending up inside a friend instead.

I also like the lack of HUD and symbols and stuff, which makes the game more immersive.

And then there’s the aspect of stealth in this game, which would disappear when there are constantly floating symbols above everyone’s heads.

• They are all wearing black. How is that confusing.

Team hits due to misidentification seem to be almost non existant now.

• @lemonater47:

They are all wearing black. How is that confusing.

Team hits due to misidentification seem to be almost non existant now.

Yep, they all appear to be wearing black, kill them all. If there is an agathian wearing dark blue he will soon learn to make his colours more conspicuous.

edit:
    I do see the agathian with an arrow in his back in the first picture, was that you lol :D

• Not gonna lie
    Since the new patch I have accidentally chopped up lots of my own team mates thinking they were enemies because of their colors XD… Only after they are dead and I see in the kill feed that my name destroyed an ally, awkward sorrow feels my soul to think that poor guy was just minding his own business when crazy old me came swinging wildly laughing and taunting at him XD…

• @GottaBeSneaky:

Not gonna lie
    Since the new patch I have accidentally chopped up lots of my own team mates thinking they were enemies because of their colors XD… Only after they are dead and I see in the kill feed that my name destroyed an ally, awkward sorrow feels my soul to think that poor guy was just minding his own business when crazy old me came swinging wildly laughing and taunting at him XD…

You can look at a player nearby and the color of their name in the middle bottom will show their team. The only excuse for teamkilling in this regard is in the middle of a clusterfuck or as an archer.

• None of those are hard to tell apart…

• @J4CKass:

Hello,
    I’d like to discuss about recognizing players in teams. New option after last patch for color customization is nice and friendly for user but many colors in game sometimes do one big “clusterfu*k”. Especialy on dark maps and in chaos mass fight the new color system is really annoying. Best example are players with full black costume with random colors like green yellow etc. You must agree with me that minimalny once after patch you could kill your team member or you just attacked on wrong person because of color and only one indicator how can you recognize your team member or oponnent is focus cursor on fighter and check if his nick is red or blue. I guess you will be agree with me that you have no time for checking nicks, because you must focusing for attacking, position etc. So I’d like to see something like i suggested on 2nd screen. This can be really useful I guess.

Now:

Typical use of this system is in lineage 2. Ppl who played lineage 2 remember it :) http://moon-land.net/templates/moon-land/imgs/lineage2interludepre06.jpg

PS: Sry for grammar
    Thanks J4CK

ok im sorry but i play this game tons and since the update have not struggled for distinguishing the teams its really simple.

Agatha: Blue, gold, white (main colours) and anything for the trim
    Mason: Red, Dark Red, Black (main colours) and anything for trim

also remembering the different armour variants and the fact if you are looking at either team the masons will have a red name highlight and the agathanians will have a blue name highlight. Why are so many people not understanding this concept? its simple!

• I’m not talking about symbols this is ezy for recognize but I’m talking especialy about dark colors on dark maps (best example if you wearing full black or really dark blue/red colors without symbols etc).
    So If is ally or oponnent hidden somewhere in shadows or if he is really very far away (for archer) then you can do sometimes this mistakes only because of colors. Yesterday I played for a while and one my ally says “Sorry for TK I tought that you are enemy because of colors :D” or somehing like that. So I think this isn’t bullshit but this depends on ppl if they want this color “clusterfu*k” or not idk :) it was just my small idea and opinion.
    J