Grahic Card Driver Crash [pic]

• This has been happening since day one but less frequently over the last few months. I can never seem to replicate it on purpose. But basically, almost every time I load Chiv, the driver will crash and recover. Usually what will happen is that the screen will go black in the middle of the beginning of a gaming session, then it will recover and the game plays but with less FPS. Sometimes this is what it looks like when it doesn’t recover completely. It appears that any all flags with physics gets stretched to one point on the map.

Here is the pic
    [attachment=0:223dj2nd]2013-08-24_00001.jpg[/attachment:223dj2nd]

As you can see it can be quite annoying and I usually have to restart the game. Sometimes the game will just out right crash but that is usually at a map change and I believe that crash has to do with the sound pop with no sound if the game recovers.

• What graphics card and driver version are you using?
    Does it still happen with older stable drivers or newer beta ones?

• EVGA GTX 560 TI, running the latest drivers but have tried the last 4 driver releases. The current seems to happen the least as far as this effect. But it drivers will still crash - black out screen and recover almost every time I play Chiv and Chiv only.

• @Retsnom:

EVGA GTX 560 TI, running the latest drivers but have tried the last 4 driver releases. The current seems to happen the least as far as this effect. But it drivers will still crash - black out screen and recover almost every time I play Chiv and Chiv only.

If the drivers themsolf are crashing and recovering, do you have a crashlog? It might help to narrow down the cause