Want combo for javelin player

• Hi TB,
    I want a combo for the javelin player please !!! :o

Javelin stab to shield punch = combo

xoxo much loving

• Javelin stab to shield punch = combo

yup. i use it that way.

• so let me get this right, the 1 hit jav toss isnt enough and the instant switch from trowing to stabbing to shield isnt enough?

• I primarily use the heavy javelin so i generally don’t throw unless my opponent starts to run away. Even with the others javelins i generally do not throw.

• Archer gets little ammo, no real HP, isn’t fast enough to escape, and a tiny two inch dagger that you have to be very good with to kill (that sabre spamming nonsense is only effective for so long, but the thrusting is eternally worthy). Archers need to be buffed and a jav combo is a good place to start. Some extra ammo (at least a dozen javs as it is a video game or even better, server side ammo settings), HP, and speed would make this class shine. Archers should be able to run, gun, stab, and slash like a warrior, not be forced to be a supporting spectator.

You cannot have enough archers. They are like the drums in music – they give the map its pace. Not so easy to be a LMB spammer when you have 10 guys sitting in the trees picking off anything standing still too long or moving too predictably. Archery is incredibly fun and pretty darn polished in this game. It is one of the best features of Chivalry and has been nerfed a bunch of times to satisfy the lesser skilled, but enough already. TBS needs to open this class up and let them shine! Having the ability to combo with a jav would be a great step in taking the class to the next level and closer to its real potential.

• Vanguard spear weapons can’t combo either. i don’t think it needs to be able to combo. just more than two broken melee attacks and a for-no-reason nerfed and bugged throw.

Javs really needs some love, but i guess going all out with the sarcasm works too.

• Yeah javelin (and some polearm stabs) are just rotten.
    It becomes more obvious when looking at some of the pole arms, the weapon is moving forwards and passes into your target but doesnt count as a hit because apparently even though the weapon is thrusting forwards its not in release phase? :?

• You can onehit vanguards with a stab using the heavy ones, why would you want to combo? :l

• Not with melee hits you cant…not that i’ve seen anyway and i practice melee headshots on AFK players all the time as the range and graphic has always been dodgy.

• @the_brown_cloud:

Archer gets little ammo, no real HP, isn’t fast enough to escape, and a tiny two inch dagger that you have to be very good with to kill (that sabre spamming nonsense is only effective for so long, but the thrusting is eternally worthy). Archers need to be buffed and a jav combo is a good place to start. Some extra ammo (at least a dozen javs as it is a video game or even better, server side ammo settings), HP, and speed would make this class shine. Archers should be able to run, gun, stab, and slash like a warrior, not be forced to be a supporting spectator.

You cannot have enough archers. They are like the drums in music – .

It’s like that very old joke
    Q What do you call someone who hangs around with musicians?
    A The drummer……

Archer - farming free, easy kills all the way to nth level - well done you.

• Personally I think an archer in melee is one of the best classes. At least the way I play archer.

Still doing combos with the javelin isn’t impossible. I know torn banner could easily do it if they put their minds to it.

• @the_brown_cloud:

Archer gets little ammo, no real HP, isn’t fast enough to escape, and a tiny two inch dagger that you have to be very good with to kill (that sabre spamming nonsense is only effective for so long, but the thrusting is eternally worthy). Archers need to be buffed and a jav combo is a good place to start. Some extra ammo (at least a dozen javs as it is a video game or even better, server side ammo settings), HP, and speed would make this class shine. Archers should be able to run, gun, stab, and slash like a warrior, not be forced to be a supporting spectator.

You cannot have enough archers. They are like the drums in music – they give the map its pace. Not so easy to be a LMB spammer when you have 10 guys sitting in the trees picking off anything standing still too long or moving too predictably. Archery is incredibly fun and pretty darn polished in this game. It is one of the best features of Chivalry and has been nerfed a bunch of times to satisfy the lesser skilled, but enough already. TBS needs to open this class up and let them shine! Having the ability to combo with a jav would be a great step in taking the class to the next level and closer to its real potential.

I can only hope that this is sarcasm and going way over my head

• I meant every word I stated.

They are “fodder” because people forced them to be nerfed into fodder. When tuned, this class is an ample, balanced melee fighter. What’s next, we nix the archers and then cry when throwing weapons do the exact same thing? The jav stab angers people because they think “pick van + sword, face down, win” and then find a jav stab and throw end them. Of course since this same community has been overindulged like spoiled fat children at a feast with endless accomodations to buttress their laziness and lack of skill, why should I expect that I wouldn’t hear such nonsense as responses?

And btw, it isn’t that I have some weird archer love, just I play all four classes with multiple loadouts and can see where the game could be made better. I don’t want Casual Medieval Warfare, I want Chivalry: Off with his b***s and use his head for target practice!

TBS needs to make a softcore circuit for those that want to just LMB spam and get a cheap laugh. I understand that not everyone is into this to the degree I am, but why should players like me who enjoy a fast paced, very tough map filled with arrows and javs and screaming vans and all that be punished for the casual crowd? If this was working, more players would return.

I cannot attest for the stock circuit (other than the pub complaints), but when we had our tuned server and even to this day, we have constant returning players. Some come for days, others months, and some take breaks and resurface…but they keep coming back. They like a faster pace. They loved the no stam options and the higher HP. No one likes being fodder. Many dislike a server that is heavy only due to bad players and VK and trolling and everything else that is wrong with the game that has little to do with TBS and everything to do with the community’s bad apples.

Oh and to the drum comment: it ain’t the 80s anymore, cut your hair, shave your 70s moustache off and get with the times: rhythm drives most of the world’s music these days there captain. That was a bad joke made by the guitars at a time when people were too doped out to know any better. And now they do and we have drum driven music like it should be. Or should we nerf the double bass for you too?

• Q What do you call someone who hangs around with musicians?
    A The drummer……

i won’t take the bait. i won’t take the bait. i won’t take the bait.

it ain’t the 80s anymore, […] now […] we have drum driven music like it should be

i won’t debate it. i won’t debate it. i won’t debate it.

That was a bad joke made by the guitars at a time when…

they had talking and joking guitars back then? wow!

• I’ll take the bait, because I love an argument, especially when people do this. If he had something real to say, he wouldn’t have resorted to such base techniques.

Talking guitars – look up Peter Frampton man! :)

• :D
    I’ve got lots to say - but I don’t really need to say more than this:

Your suggestions to improve the javelin man were so ridiculous that I wasn’t sure if you were trolling or not - and I can see that I’m not the only one that thought that.

• That would be a bad idea.
    As someone said above, if vanguard spear can’t combo why should archer.
    I do kinda agree with archers being too good in melee but it depends on the archer. The noob ones that just run around spamming are usually very easy to beat unless you are in tight space and then you might lose. Good archer though is way harder. They will wait for you to attack and counter you in right time, I have to switch to fast secondary to beat those since I can’t land a hit on them with my two handed. I tried it myself by picking an archer with saber, it’s pretty easy to win even if you are outnumbered.
    The more hp would not work cause archers can one hit ko you from far, and you can’t even one hit ko them with more than half weapons in the game.

• i would like this too, would make them pretty powerful, but I already feel that they’re pretty damn powerful already.

Short spear users should definitely throw the damn things.

I really thought that when i first got the game that you were able to shield poke and then jav poke in a combo, but i was wrong… i would liek to try it though… it’d be a nice combo. The jav stabs are pretty hard to block, you have to turn really far to the left as is, probaby the same with the shield bash if it actually hit properly half the time.

• Sorry reading this makes puppies have abortions. Archers/Jav are way OP if you combine 1 hit range kills with spammy melee. Skilled archers can readily take on 3 v 1 and emerge victorious more often than not. This whole idea of making archers more powerful, if continued will slit the throats of the last few unicorns and make rainbows rain acid. Please stop now….

• in case you didn’t realise, the Javelin (any) throw has been massively nerfed by the last patch. it’s range is a third of what it was. virtually useless.