Major Stun Daze Bug!!!

• that shouldnt matter 1 bit my friend.

• @WARSAW:

that shouldnt matter 1 bit my friend.

Just so you know I’ve been browsing these forums quite a bit over the past week and every time I see a remarkably obnoxious post it always seems to be by you. Funny that.

There was a bug whereby the attacker having 0 stamina would stun the defender upon parrying, I was under the impression that it was fixed?
    If that was fixed there also seem to be rare cases of stamina desync where your client shows a different value to the server which could be your issue, but it’s hard to say what’d cause that - perhaps you’re experiencing packet loss?

• If it is happening as you describe, then it is obviously a bug. Quit trying to make it sound like “punishment” of some kind.

• If you get kicked with a shield up you will be stunned.

• I’ve only experienced it with around 1/3 stamina. It seems to happen when someone accelerates and overhead while they jump. Might have to test it and confirm.

• It is indeed happening as he described, I’ve had it on SEVERAL SEVERAL occasions. I thought maybe it was just me, but in the past few days guys I’ve been dueling have been saying they’re getting stunned with between 1/2 and 1/3 stamina left. This is consistent with what I’ve noticed. In a game that’s now a lot about stamina management it’s really annoying to have this happen.

Weird thing is I specifically haven’t seen it in a bit.

I rarely accelerate overheads, and the only time I jump is to stab, or fake out. I’m not positive a jumping accelerated overhead is to blame, but I could be easily wrong.

Doesn’t matter if you’re a man at arms though.

• Just so you know I’ve been browsing these forums quite a bit over the past week and every time I see a remarkably obnoxious post it always seems to be by you. Funny that.

im sorry if you also cannot handle the truth my friend, but it is what it is, the truth!

If it is happening as you describe, then it is obviously a bug. Quit trying to make it sound like “punishment” of some kind.

i call it just like i see it, and punishment should come in a form just like every other game, when you kill me silly, not because your a lvl 7 noob whos using a majorly bugged combat sytem against me and i get stun dazed for no reason at all during a fight with plenty of stamina, the game already gives away enough free hits dont ya think? and besides that is totaly unfair and should be fixed asap!!!

If you get kicked with a shield up you will be stunned.

im talking straight up weapon to weapon parrys Sly, and i get imobalized due to the faulty combat system,this needs to be fixed as it ruins the game more then the ridicolous stam drains do.

if you want us to fight, then let us fight, lol. stop ruining the combat with this ridicolous noob friendly nonsense and please fix these bugs Torn Banner.

It is indeed happening as he described, I’ve had it on SEVERAL SEVERAL occasions.

apparently im right, imagine that!
    and this is just 1 other person, imagine how many thousands of other people its happening too.

i just want the best chivalry possible guys.

• Listen, Warsaw’s style may be gruff and direct, but he has valuable insights into balancing the game. What is obnoxious is the endless “all or none” attitude of a lot of people posting here. Should the game be stun free? Perhaps in a modded version. But the stamina system does have these random occurrences of stuns. At one point we had discovered a bug where an arrow fired at just the right spot would trigger a stamina stun when blocked even if there was stamina. Again, not game changing on its own, but with all the slowdowns built in, these things start to add up and hurt game flow.

One of the biggest problems with the current stock game is the stun system. The ideas are solid, but the timings are too long and when you take them together, they multiply each other and just kill the pace of the game. It isn’t just Warsaw seeing it. Plenty of people on the Steam forums see it and other devs I’ve talked to say it – too many stuns does nothing but anger your players. If you want to do a true realism mode, that would be cool, but for day to day play, these bugs and timings should be addressed.

And to close on a nice note because I am all for TBS these days – looking forward to the expansion and SDK…and more helmets…and some more pallettes…maybe some fire arrows ;)

• Unfortunately even if this is happening, without the slightest inkling of how or when it happens there’s nothing we can do. I can’t recall this ever happening to me.

• There might be a “double swing” bug that’s been going around, where occasionally (very rarely) I’ll do double damage with my weapon. There might be a related issue where if you parry one of these “double swings,” you lose twice the stamina.

I’m going to laugh if a dev comes in and says they’re random crits, definitely a feature and not a bug, lol!

• I cannot tell you how many times this happens to me. I mostly play halberd, very aggressively and so many times a single hit will stun me where I cannot move and boom I am dead. I personally think it is another result of the bubble and being surrounded by other bubbles or objects in the map where you get stuck.

• @Event:

There might be a “double swing” bug that’s been going around, where occasionally (very rarely) I’ll do double damage with my weapon. There might be a related issue where if you parry one of these “double swings,” you lose twice the stamina.

That might all be possible, but when the stun occurs I usually have stamina actually in my bar (1/2 to 1/3 of it normally).

• @quigleyer:

@Event:

There might be a “double swing” bug that’s been going around, where occasionally (very rarely) I’ll do double damage with my weapon. There might be a related issue where if you parry one of these “double swings,” you lose twice the stamina.

That might all be possible, but when the stun occurs I usually have stamina actually in my bar (1/2 to 1/3 of it normally).

There are definitely situations where you could lose 1/3 or possibly even 1/2 of your stamina if you really are being drained of twice the intended amount, since the maximum stamina drain is 25% (basically only maul vs. dagger).

Will look into if this is somehow possible - maybe a sanity check should be added just to be safe.

• @SlyGoat:

@quigleyer:

@Event:

There are definitely situations where you could lose 1/3 or possibly even 1/2 of your stamina if you really are being drained of twice the intended amount, since the maximum stamina drain is 25% (basically only maul vs. dagger).

Will look into if this is somehow possible - maybe a sanity check should be added just to be safe.

I suppose it’s possible that my stamina was depleted and regnerated (upon stun, as it is intended) to the amount that I thought I had, but I mean I physically have stamina IN MY BAR when I’m stunned.

• you should do away with the stun dazes to fix this, i dont want to play this game if you cannot fix it, and it really makes you guys look bad right now, your bug list is growing everypatch and everyday, yet none of them are being solved, yet you are constantly pushing new content and new bugs on us, this needs to stop soon guys if you want to be taken seriously in this world.

the stun dazes are a joke anyway and shouldnt be hindering our gameplay in the first place, this is a game and is suposed to be fun, and getting stun dazed by a noob for no reason and getting killed once again by your faulty combat system is getting really old guys and its time you guys are held accountable for this nonsense and do sumthing about it to please your fans and customers if you want to keep them

i propose a very easy temp fix that will help many issues, when i hit some one i should get half the stamina back a missed swing with that weapon would have cost, so if its a miss is 30 stamina with the messer then a hit with messer should give me 15 stamina back.

this would make the game alot better and help us play with all these bugs that are ruining it for everyone.
    its kinda silly that we dont get any stamina back for landing hits anyway, when i miss you take it from me so when i hit you should give it back to me, thats only fair and would help noobs and pros alike have more fun and actually be able to halfway play right now.

is this possible Sly?

• @WARSAW:

you should do away with the stun dazes to fix this, i dont want to play this game if you cannot fix it…

I respectfully disagree. This doesn’t happen often enough that I want stun done away with, it’s a very vital balancing tool. Besides, the devs would never go for it (not at all bitter about that).

• @quigleyer:

I suppose it’s possible that my stamina was depleted and regnerated (upon stun, as it is intended) to the amount that I thought I had, but I mean I physically have stamina IN MY BAR when I’m stunned.

Oh, AFTER the stun - as in your stamina was brought from 70 to 50 or whatever and you were stunned? Yeah that is a different matter entirely. Not sure what could be causing that, if that is the case. Definitely gonna need a repro to know where to begin with that one.

• Last night I got 1 hit stunned several times with basically full health and stam, the hit took 60% of health and the stam was full. Frozen then dead. yeah it is getting old……

• by Retsnom »

Last night I got 1 hit stunned several times with basically full health and stam, the hit took 60% of health and the stam was full. Frozen then dead. yeah it is getting old……

ive noticed twice since the last patch i’ve gotten hit during a parry 2 times, it was 1 on 1 and it was not cool either.
    Yes this kinda stuff is.

• @Retsnom:

Last night I got 1 hit stunned several times with basically full health and stam, the hit took 60% of health and the stam was full. Frozen then dead. yeah it is getting old……

While it’s fresh in your mind can you recall what class/weapon you were using and what class/weapon your opponents were using?

Honestly a 1 shot stun 60% health reduction does sound like double hits to me, especially if it’s a VG charge or something like htat.