Major Stun Daze Bug!!!

• Unfortunately even if this is happening, without the slightest inkling of how or when it happens there’s nothing we can do. I can’t recall this ever happening to me.

• There might be a “double swing” bug that’s been going around, where occasionally (very rarely) I’ll do double damage with my weapon. There might be a related issue where if you parry one of these “double swings,” you lose twice the stamina.

I’m going to laugh if a dev comes in and says they’re random crits, definitely a feature and not a bug, lol!

• I cannot tell you how many times this happens to me. I mostly play halberd, very aggressively and so many times a single hit will stun me where I cannot move and boom I am dead. I personally think it is another result of the bubble and being surrounded by other bubbles or objects in the map where you get stuck.

• @Event:

There might be a “double swing” bug that’s been going around, where occasionally (very rarely) I’ll do double damage with my weapon. There might be a related issue where if you parry one of these “double swings,” you lose twice the stamina.

That might all be possible, but when the stun occurs I usually have stamina actually in my bar (1/2 to 1/3 of it normally).

• @quigleyer:

@Event:

There might be a “double swing” bug that’s been going around, where occasionally (very rarely) I’ll do double damage with my weapon. There might be a related issue where if you parry one of these “double swings,” you lose twice the stamina.

That might all be possible, but when the stun occurs I usually have stamina actually in my bar (1/2 to 1/3 of it normally).

There are definitely situations where you could lose 1/3 or possibly even 1/2 of your stamina if you really are being drained of twice the intended amount, since the maximum stamina drain is 25% (basically only maul vs. dagger).

Will look into if this is somehow possible - maybe a sanity check should be added just to be safe.

• @SlyGoat:

@quigleyer:

@Event:

There are definitely situations where you could lose 1/3 or possibly even 1/2 of your stamina if you really are being drained of twice the intended amount, since the maximum stamina drain is 25% (basically only maul vs. dagger).

Will look into if this is somehow possible - maybe a sanity check should be added just to be safe.

I suppose it’s possible that my stamina was depleted and regnerated (upon stun, as it is intended) to the amount that I thought I had, but I mean I physically have stamina IN MY BAR when I’m stunned.

• you should do away with the stun dazes to fix this, i dont want to play this game if you cannot fix it, and it really makes you guys look bad right now, your bug list is growing everypatch and everyday, yet none of them are being solved, yet you are constantly pushing new content and new bugs on us, this needs to stop soon guys if you want to be taken seriously in this world.

the stun dazes are a joke anyway and shouldnt be hindering our gameplay in the first place, this is a game and is suposed to be fun, and getting stun dazed by a noob for no reason and getting killed once again by your faulty combat system is getting really old guys and its time you guys are held accountable for this nonsense and do sumthing about it to please your fans and customers if you want to keep them

i propose a very easy temp fix that will help many issues, when i hit some one i should get half the stamina back a missed swing with that weapon would have cost, so if its a miss is 30 stamina with the messer then a hit with messer should give me 15 stamina back.

this would make the game alot better and help us play with all these bugs that are ruining it for everyone.
    its kinda silly that we dont get any stamina back for landing hits anyway, when i miss you take it from me so when i hit you should give it back to me, thats only fair and would help noobs and pros alike have more fun and actually be able to halfway play right now.

is this possible Sly?

• @WARSAW:

you should do away with the stun dazes to fix this, i dont want to play this game if you cannot fix it…

I respectfully disagree. This doesn’t happen often enough that I want stun done away with, it’s a very vital balancing tool. Besides, the devs would never go for it (not at all bitter about that).

• @quigleyer:

I suppose it’s possible that my stamina was depleted and regnerated (upon stun, as it is intended) to the amount that I thought I had, but I mean I physically have stamina IN MY BAR when I’m stunned.

Oh, AFTER the stun - as in your stamina was brought from 70 to 50 or whatever and you were stunned? Yeah that is a different matter entirely. Not sure what could be causing that, if that is the case. Definitely gonna need a repro to know where to begin with that one.

• Last night I got 1 hit stunned several times with basically full health and stam, the hit took 60% of health and the stam was full. Frozen then dead. yeah it is getting old……

• by Retsnom »

Last night I got 1 hit stunned several times with basically full health and stam, the hit took 60% of health and the stam was full. Frozen then dead. yeah it is getting old……

ive noticed twice since the last patch i’ve gotten hit during a parry 2 times, it was 1 on 1 and it was not cool either.
    Yes this kinda stuff is.

• @Retsnom:

Last night I got 1 hit stunned several times with basically full health and stam, the hit took 60% of health and the stam was full. Frozen then dead. yeah it is getting old……

While it’s fresh in your mind can you recall what class/weapon you were using and what class/weapon your opponents were using?

Honestly a 1 shot stun 60% health reduction does sound like double hits to me, especially if it’s a VG charge or something like htat.

• you should do away with the stun dazes to fix this, no 1 will want to play this game if you cannot fix it, and it really makes you guys look bad right now, your bug list is growing every patch and everyday, yet none of them are being solved, yet you are constantly pushing new content and new bugs on us, this needs to stop soon guys if you want to be taken seriously in this world.

the stun dazes are a joke anyway and shouldnt be hindering our gameplay in the first place, this is a game and is suposed to be fun, and getting stun dazed by a noob for no reason and getting killed once again by your faulty combat system is getting really old guys and its time you guys are held accountable for this nonsense and do sumthing about it to please your fans and customers if you want to keep them

i propose a very easy temp fix that will help many issues, when i hit some one i should get half the stamina back a missed swing with that weapon would have cost, so if its a miss is 30 stamina with the messer then a hit with messer should give me 15 stamina back.

this would make the game alot better and help us play with all these bugs that are ruining it for everyone.
    its kinda silly that we dont get any stamina back for landing hits anyway, when i miss you take it from me so when i hit you should give it back to me, thats only fair and would help noobs and pros alike have more fun and actually be able to halfway play right now.

is this possible Sly? i think its a great idea.

• @quigleyer:

@Retsnom:

While it’s fresh in your mind can you recall what class/weapon you were using and what class/weapon your opponents were using?

Honestly a 1 shot stun 60% health reduction does sound like double hits to me, especially if it’s a VG charge or something like htat.

99% of the time I play halberd, it is what I played in AOC and In Chiv. Yeah I know…. it is not the best weapon by far.

I cannot recall the enemy weapon. I will keep a look out and post back when it happens again.

The other thing I have noticed since the patch which I probably should make a separate post is random swings just happening when I don’t even press a button or I will stop attacking and boom another swing will just happen from my model. I am like WTF? I rarely combo and prefer to time my swings individually. These random swings do not act like a combo. They are just random.

• hit again last night while parrying!

can we get this fixed please!

i was an archer and was blocking a strike from a vanguards secondary axe.

i dont see why its doing this all of the sudden after the last patch. what was changed that would of messed this up guys? any clues?

• @WARSAW:

hit again last night while parrying!

can we get this fixed please!

i was an archer and was blocking a strike from a vanguards secondary axe.

i dont see why its doing this all of the sudden after the last patch. what was changed that would of messed this up guys? any clues?

I blame Obama…
    Then the bubble…

• Just since we were talking about double hits this came to my mind from yesterday (I was writing something about it and a light came on).

I successfully parried a knight’s double axe yesterday and was killed right after the parry landed. It was in a duel round, so no one stabbed me in the back. I haven’t ever had this happen before, but it does sound like maybe he swung twice with one hit, and maybe one was delayed?

I’m just trying to give any information that could help. Not sure if this is it, but at least it could be something to look into.

Please keep posting your findings.

• ok this needs to be fixed guys, its getting to be too much torn banner!

last night i get killed by a lvl 2 noob once again from your faulty combat system.

i parried perfectly as a van with brandistock with full stamina, and a lvl 2 archer with the hunting knife stun dazed me, then flinch lock stabbed me to death.

is this how you guys want to be remembered, by nothing but bugs and horrible glitches that basicaly ruin every aspect of this game?

i surely hope not, the comunity is getting pretty fed up with this kinda bullshit thats not getting fixed and ruining every ones gameplay.

remove the stupid stun dazes completely till you fix this issue, the fact you havent yet speaks volumes on your intent.
    who ever thought of a stun daze should get stundazed, lol.

the stun dazes are a stupid idea anyway when you factor all the other bs we already have to play(around)like a buggy flinch, slow as molasis combat, ghost swings, impossible hits, and a million free hits do you honestly think any of us want to get STUN DAZED? another thing to stop combat and give away free hits and exp for no reason and killed by some one who has played the game for an hour, that is a NO incase you arent sure.

• if the double swing thing is going on as before, i made a post a while back that got shunned by most saying it wasn’t possible. Basically I used polehammer against a knight in duel… i one shot him to the head which i realize should not be possible, but i did it 2 times in one 10 minute map so… you tell me.

I’ve also randomly done it to friends before on teamspeak, and they’ll be like “did you just one shot me with that”… and i’m like “i don’t know did you have full health”… they’re like “yeah i just spawned”… and i’m like well then yes.

I noticed while dueling the other day as well with longsword, i think i got stunned after 2 swings, 2 parries.

Don’t really know.

• I have yet to experience anything that takes over 50 stamina to block O_O