Re: New hack/glitch? - Invisibility

• @SteamUsername:

REMOVED TEXT BECAUSE OP WAS DELETED

The exploit is known well among high level players. I know how to do it as well. I’ve reported it to SlyGoat in PM as well as made a topic in bug reports titled “Serious Exploit.” It’s not a hack, and it can be done by anyone as long as they know how to do it.

• @Event:

@SteamUsername:

So I was dueling away in Inertius duels last night, and Multiple people were reporting getting ghost hit an invisible maa with a Qstaff, Then at the end of the game we were getting KILLED by him. After some bitching is chat the dude started typing saying he was doing it because he cared about the game (lol)

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to grab screenshots, or I’d post his name. But will remember from now on.

Has this been brought to any devs" attention? have other people experienced this?

The exploit is known well among high level players. I know how to do it as well. I’ve reported it to SlyGoat in PM as well as made a topic in bug reports titled “Serious Exploit.” It’s not a hack, and it can be done by anyone as long as they know how to do it.

Well awesome! at least we’re getting Spartans and Samurai later! that will totally negate it!

• There is a back to do it as well as the exploit.

This has also happened with desyncs. Sometimes a player will just become desynced. And sometimes he will become temporarily invisible. A reconnect fixes the problem.

• Interesting.

For Interitus Duels problems, contact patrollinwithtolin or int | Kiri

• I notice the OP of this thread was deleted. Was there a reason? I’ve edited out the quote from my post in case…

• @Event:

I notice the OP of this thread was deleted. Was there a reason? I’ve edited out the quote from my post in case…

Probably for discussing a glitch? Who knows. I think my post is safe and relevant though, mods =p

• Why was the OP deleted? da heck mods?

• Just out of curiosity, who was the OP?

• @King:

Just out of curiosity, who was the OP?

SteamUsername was the OP

• May not be the same thing, but we had a guy come on the server (don’t remember his ID cos it didn’t upset me as much as impress me), he was able to go invisible, super speed, super accurate…like The Hidden: Source on steroids (which btw, would be a cool play mode for the SDK/WS). I hit him once, but he left the server with like 200 wins and no losses. It was pretty wild, but I imagine this isn’t exactly good news for the game!

• Now I’m REALLY interested in hearing about this glitch… TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME

• I’ve seen this happen a few times in the last week or so. Suspected it was a hack but hoped it was a bug. Now I know it was a hack.

• @Grogan:

I’ve seen this happen a few times in the last week or so. Suspected it was a hack but hoped it was a bug. Now I know it was a hack.

It’s not a hack. it’s a bug that can be exploited. There’s a big difference.

• @Event:

@Grogan:

I’ve seen this happen a few times in the last week or so. Suspected it was a hack but hoped it was a bug. Now I know it was a hack.

It’s not a hack. it’s a bug that can be exploited. There’s a big difference.

Its actually both. You can also hack to make yourself invisible.

• @Event:

@King:

Just out of curiosity, who was the OP?

SteamUsername was the OP

I must have forgot my cup of joe that morning because I somehow though I was on the steam forums

I didn’t even see our friend here with the awesome Bill Cosby picture (I used that exact picture for my profile some time ago as a matter of fact :D ) And my mind somehow translated Steam username into something like Banned user :?

My folly brother :)

• It’s a known issue, I swear it’s been raised to the devs attentions more than once though.

• @Planetus:

It’s a known issue, I swear it’s been raised to the devs attentions more than once though.

At least it’s been brought to their attention… To bad the bugs weren’t fixed BEFORE the expansion (here’s hoping)

BUT GIVE ME BACK MY OP!!!

• @SteamUsername:

@Planetus:

It’s a known issue, I swear it’s been raised to the devs attentions more than once though.

At least it’s been brought to their attention… To bad the bugs weren’t fixed BEFORE the expansion (here’s hoping)

The expansion isn’t released yet and probably isn’t gonna be released for some time soon.

And by the look I the video they have been working on it for a while before it was announced.

• @lemonater47:

@SteamUsername:

@Planetus:

The expansion isn’t released yet and probably isn’t gonna be released for some time soon.

And by the look I the video they have been working on it for a while before it was announced.

So yes, they’re putting off fixing game breaking stuff like this for an (admittedly cool looking) expansion that nobody REALLY asked for.

Fun.

(EDIT) GIVE ME BACK MY DAMN OP WTF MODS?? seriously…. l2competence