[ALPHA RELEASE 1.01] Chivalry+

• Chivalry+ Goes Live!
    This time it can only add to your experience.

It’s time for a new era of Chiv, my friends. With renewed hope for the future of Chivalry, work on Chivalry+ has resumed. The first major change? Pre-balance-patch balance is no longer required to play! (But still quite possible for those who want it!) The past few days have been spent rewriting, fiddling and testing to make this a reality. Now, the “vanilla” balance of Chivalry is default, but one line changed in a config file or console command typed in-game will switch to Ye Olde Balance Mode. You can easily tell which servers are running the modified balance because they will have “Ye Olde Chiv+” in the Mod column on the server browser.
    “But wait, I thought Chiv+'s only purpose was to to put dirty exploits back in the game?”
    No! Not at all! Chiv+ was designed to simply improve on the base game by adding features, game-modes, options, and more. Originally this included game balance, but unfortunately it turns out it wasn’t quite up to this challenge, so TBS can handle that from now on. Chiv+ includes plenty of nifty features and some bug-fixes, and hopefully will keep adding to those for as long as people play it.
    “So why should I install Chiv+?”
    The question you should be asking is why shouldn’t you install Chiv+? With a default installation, Chiv+ doesn’t do a whole lot different. One of the main goals with Chivalry+ is to make sure you can turn off anything you don’t want as a server operator. But, you might be interested in one or two nifty features, and it can’t hurt having the option to use those, right? Currently a lot of features are geared more towards competitive play, but there’s plenty for everyone, and more are planned! See below for more details on the features. Oh, and the current workshop entry no longer includes the maps, which means the download is really tiny for anyone jumping on to a server! Those maps will be added separately later.

**“Sounds good, how do I install it on my server?”

**With the recent patch it’s easier than ever to install Chiv+ on your server. Start your server with -sdkfileid=203344320 in the command line and ?modname=CPM after the map name andyour server will automatically download the latest version of Chivalry+ and begin running it. It will look something like this:

[color]UDKLogging.exe AOCTO-stoneshill_p?modname=CPM?steamsockets?AdminPassword=giantmaul -sdkfileid=203344320 -seekfreeloadingserver[/color]
    ```Easy peasy. But this isn't it! Below you'll find some information about configuring your server with, which is important to access all the cool stuff available.

Features

GAME-MODE: Last Team Standing Objective

LTSO pits two teams against each other in classic Counter-Strike DE style. That is, one team has a bomb and has the task of planting it at a bomb site to destroy it, while the other team's job is to defend the bomb sites and defuse the bomb. You only get a single life per round, so try not to die!

Oh, and it's all set up for competitive play too. Teams will be switched automatically at half time and all the other competitive features in Chivalry+ are available in this mode, too.

This game-mode features three brand new maps, which will be available separately on the workshop shortly.

GAME-MODE: SwordGame

This one's a fan favourite!

Another completely original (err, for Chiv) game-mode that puts players into a Free For All environment. As players earn kills they are given new weapon sets and it's a race to the finish. It's still a work in progress but it's fun as hell already. This game-mode can be played on any stock FFA map.

GAME-MODE: Free Duel

Classic FFA Duels, but without those pesky FFAers! Bow towards another player to challenge them to a duel, then fight to the death! Players you aren't dueling with won't be able to give or recieve damage, and stuff like health, stamina and ammo are replenished at the start and end of every duel.

General Enhancements

**Ready Up system for team modes:**
    If the server has Ready Up enabled, a member from each team will have to type "Ready" in console for the match to begin. Typing "Unready" will cancel the match starting countdown. Admins may use "AdminForceReady" to force the countdown to begin and "AdminForceUnready" to require both teams to Ready Up again before starting. "AdminSetRUPNeeded true/false" will turn on or off the Ready Up requirement for that game-mode.

Never again will there need to be a load of map restarts at the start of scrims for slow joiners!

**Advanced Pause system:**
    Has 4 modes which can be set by an admin using the command "AdminSetPauseMode 0/1/2/3". Mode 0: Pausing is completely disabled. Mode 1: Pausing and unpausing is restricted to admins only. Mode 2: Any player may request a pause. A player from the opposing team must also type "pause" to accept the request. Mode 3: Any player may pause and unpause.

**Hide Customization**:
    Players can choose to disable customization client side (only for you) by typing "HideCustomization true" in console. This will only be available on servers that allow it in their configuration.

**Advanced Spectator Camera (NEW):**
    Hold your sprint key while spectating and zoom around the map at a faster speed. This should hopefully be useful for casting. The speed multiplier can now also be changed, meaning you can slow or speed your camera as much as you like. "Camera Sprint" can now also be set to toggle rather than held.
    TK Punishment Options (NEW):
    **At the moment this allows servers to turn off the vanilla "additional spawn time" punishment if they want. More advanced TK punishment features are planned.

Configuring Chivalry+

Server/Client Configuration

I've tried my best to make Chiv+ as easy as possible to configure for your server. You can even change most things on the fly with new admin console commands.

After installing Chiv+ and running your server once, navigate to the "UDKGame\CookedSDK\CPM_CPM_374068F14207E43EB76EA7B4EAF1714F" folder. Within you should find "CPM.ini" and "DefaultCPM.ini" Open these with your text editor of choice.

Within DefaultCPM.ini you should find a guide to most of the options, but I'll also include them here.

**[CPM.CPMGlobalServerConfig]**

YeOldeBalance - Set this to true to activate pre-patch balance mode. (Console command: AdminSetYeOldeBalance [true/false])

RUPNeeded - Set this to true to require teams to "Ready Up" in team based modes. (Console: AdminSetRUPNeeded [true/false])

ForceCustomizationOn - Setting this to true will disable the client side option to disable customization. (Console: AdminForceCustomizationOn [true/false])

PauseMode - 0: Pause Disabled, 1: Admins only, 2: Attempting to pause will request the other team to agree, 3: Anyone can pause or unpause. (Console: AdminSetPauseMode [0/1/2/3])

TKPunishMode - 0: No punishment, 1: Default vanilla "spawn time increase" punishment. (Console: AdminSetTKPunishMode)

**[CPM.CPMGlobalClientConfig]**

NoCustomization - Set to true to disable customization for you (only applicable to clients). This only works if the server has ForceCustomizationOn set to False. (Console: HideCustoomization [true/false])

CameraSprintMultiplier - Set the multiplier for camera speed when "Camera Sprinting." Set from 0 to 1 for a slower camera (might be useful for filming). (Console: SetCameraSprintMultiplier [Number])

CameraSprintToggle - Set to true for camera sprint to be toggle-able rather than requiring holding. (Console: SetCameraSprintToggle [true/false])

**There are other other options for specific game-modes which you can read about in DefaultCPM.ini.

**Server Game-mode Configuration

Because Chiv+ can run several different game-modes on AOCFFA maps, it has a ?ffatype option to decide which game-type to load. It's used like so:
    "admin servertravel AOCFFA-moor_p?ffatype=[gametype]"
    replacing [gametype] with FFA, FFADuel, or SwordGame, depending on the mode you want.

Both these options will *stick* which means you only need to set them once and they will stay the same across multiple maps until you change them or the server restarts.

If you want to have a server with a rotation that has several different FFA game-modes (regular FFA and SwordGame, for example) or even different mods, you can do this by using the "?modname" and/or "?ffatype" in your server's MapList (where you setup the rotation). If you wanted to have a rotation from Arena FFA to Moor SwordGame you would do this:
    "
    Maplist=AOCFFA-Arena3_p?ffatype=FFA
    Maplist=AOCFFA-Moor_p?ffatype=SwordGame
    "
    Keep in mind that the option will still stick after that map in the rotation so if you want it to change again you need to specify at where. (It's probably just best to setup your maplist so that each AOCFFA type map has the ?ffatype option on it to make sure it's correct.

Phew, that's about it.

Source: https://github.com/NabsterHax/ChivalryPlus

1.03 Update: [http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/14921-ALPHA-RELEASE-1-01-Chivalry?p=207837#post207837](http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/14921-ALPHA-RELEASE-1-01-Chivalry?p=207837#post207837)

• Looks pretty cool! I just want to get into some new maps. The stock maps are getting stale and this looks like a good refresher to keep thing interesting. Looking forward to playing!

• Looks very cool. I always thought the name ‘promod’ was a poor choice.

• Are the features such as the FFA duel mode going to be able to be used in the live patch?

Are you by any chance interested in a DUEL ‘duel mode’ for 2v2s?

• @NoVaLombardia:

Are the features such as the FFA duel mode going to be able to be used in the live patch?

No.

Also looking forward to the new start

Also looking forward to the amazing Siegemode!

• @NoVaLombardia:

Are the features such as the FFA duel mode going to be able to be used in the live patch?

Are you by any chance interested in a DUEL ‘duel mode’ for 2v2s?

Right now, balance is what it was in ProMod. I would really like as many people as possible to experience the new features in Chivalry+ without being put off by certain balance choices. For this reason, Chiv+ has it’s own forum for feedback and discussion about such things (with no stupid 300 hour limits or w/e).

I recently spoke to the Chivalr.us league about putting the features of Chiv+ on the live balance model in order to allow everyone to get involved with the system and we could move forward together, but they weren’t interested unless I became “part of Chivalr.us” (which as an EU player, didn’t make much sense to me) and was also informed that no one would be interested in the balance experimentation aspect of the mod.

If you think live is perfect in every way right now, then it’s still good for me to know.

A duel mode for 2v2s sounds cool. I’ll look into doing that.

Oh and lucky for you, someone has already started making a duel mod with team features and a fair few other features you won’t find in Chivalry+'s Free Duels.

• Wow, this looks quite good to be honest. Especially the new LTSO game mode makes me curious. I wonder if it’s going to be a great mode for competitive play or not. Anyways, I hope this is a chance to reunite the community again.

I have to compliment the responsible team for this though. This looks like a lot of work :) Good job!

• A desert city under threat of a bomb attack! Probably due to its strange looking waterfall…

The waterfall is beautiful :(

• @NabsterHax:

Oh and lucky for you, someone has already started making a duel mod with team features and a fair few other features you won’t find in Chivalry+'s Free Duels.

I could share my team duels code with you before I actually get to release it.
    The main problem is for adapting it with other duel modes, as I had to re-write a lot to make this work (wasn’t as straight forward as I would think).
    The good thing is, I’ve organized it well enough that you only need to alter the code within the team duels methods (GetDuelLeader(), HasDuelTeam(), etc).

• ProMod is dead!
    Long live Chivalry+!

• (>’.’)> Can’t wait for dat SDK. <(’.’<)

• I am glad you guys aren’t giving up on this idea.
    And i like it better this way ;) .
    Good luck !

• “You are disappointed by the new extension and you want more from chivalry ? here is the Chiv +”

Nice timing to market this. I also find interesting the clinic red cross, are you feeling like you need to heal something which went wrong ?
    To summarize , if it can help, here are the things i find interesting or worrying :

• New modes, the TOLTS looks great on paper. Chiv always remembered me CS, could be a good way to make it closer.
    • Possibility to use the mod for experimentations, beta testing the new maps, the balance. And finally keep the best of it to adapt it on the live and make it better.
    • Personal tweaks like hiding customizations or whatever are always good things.
    • Step back from the promod was a good idea , but then why take an old content for this one ? In the perspective to make balance and tweaks with the game mechanics, start over with the actual game could be better.
    • The fact is, Torn Banner already struggle to fix and improve some bugs or mechanics in time, even if they have a competent and paid team to work on it. Don’t you think that playing the sorcerer’s apprentice will make new bugs emerge over time ? What does make you more competent thant TB to prevent and fix them ?
    • Don’t you think the fact you are part of a competitive team would create a conflict of interests ? I would like to be sure all changes are made to make the game better itself , not better for few members of a council.

Last tought : I really would like to believe your motivation to improve the game and make it better is genuine but i’m still wondering what is your ulterior motive ?

• Wow, good work. Chivalry is really lacking in gamemodes and maps. Can’t wait to try this :)

• @Rayeon:

“You are disappointed by the new extension and you want more from chivalry ? here is the Chiv +”

Nice timing to market this. I also find interesting the clinic red cross, are you feeling like you need to heal something which went wrong ?
    To summarize , if it can help, here are the things i find interesting or worrying :

• New modes, the TOLTS looks great on paper. Chiv always remembered me CS, could be a good way to make it closer.
    • Possibility to use the mod for experimentations, beta testing the new maps, the balance. And finally keep the best of it to adapt it on the live and make it better.
    • Personal tweaks like hiding customizations or whatever are always good things.
    • Step back from the promod was a good idea , but then why take an old content for this one ? In the perspective to make balance and tweaks with the game mechanics, start over with the actual game could be better.
    • The fact is, Torn Banner already struggle to fix and improve some bugs or mechanics in time, even if they have a competent and paid team to work on it. Don’t you think that playing the sorcerer’s apprentice will make new bugs emerge over time ? What does make you more competent thant TB to prevent and fix them ?
    • Don’t you think the fact you are part of a competitive team would create a conflict of interests ? I would like to be sure all changes are made to make the game better itself , not better for few members of a council.

Thanks for your feedback. To address your negative points:
    1. By bring back old content do you mean bring back old balance? There was a lot more to ProMod than balance, and it made no sense to scrap it. As for the balance, I have been considering basing it on live for now. There are a couple of concerns I have with this however. To begin with, releasing Chiv+ on live balance would allow people who aren’t happy with ongoing balance changes to simply not participate, but keep all the features of Chiv+ (albeit on an older version). The other reason is similar: I do not want to attract those who are not interested in balance experimentation and who will do all they can to prevent it.

What is more likely to happen on this front, is that the balance becomes much similar to live initially, but not exactly the same. I urge people to sign up on the Chiv+ forums and give their feedback. Post “Live, but with x changes,” or even just “live.” I want to get as many people on board with this as possible, but that includes giving regular feedback and being open to new ideas. Without this, Chiv+ simply won’t work.

2. Are you assuming that my programming capabilities are poor because I am unpaid? Bugs will emerge, of course. No programmer will claim to code something 1st time around with no bugs. The difference is that these kinds of things are a priority to Chiv+. I play the game myself, and can easily talk to players directly about bugs in the game. Chiv+ will receive bugfixes that TBS make as well as my own, and I have already fixed bugs in the game that TBS hasn’t yet. If my work cannot speak for itself, then I don’t really know how to convince you.

3. I don’t see how I am supposed to dissuade your paranoia. If you think I am abusing my position then you can always return to the live game. Be cautious, by all means, and tell me if you think I’m not doing what’s best for the game.

I really would like to believe your motivation to improve the game and make it better is genuine but i’m still wondering what is your ulterior motive ?

I will attribute the outright rudeness of this sentence to the fact that English is not your native tongue. There is no ulterior motive. I enjoy Chiv, but think it could be much better. I also enjoy programming. Hence, Chiv+ is fun for me to create and play.

• Promod (called CPM) is not played.
    Chivalry+ (called CPM) would be played ?

If you read the Promod release post, and that release post, it’s nearly the same.
    Could you please tell us what is different in that new CPM ?

• Great work looking forward to testing out “Sword Game.” :P

• Sword game sounds pretty lulzy. I always enjoyed a good round of gungame in CS.

• @Laux:

Promod (called CPM) is not played.
    Chivalry+ (called CPM) would be played ?

If you read the Promod release post, and that release post, it’s nearly the same.
    Could you please tell us what is different in that new CPM ?

Excuse me for not re-factoring my code entirely.

What’s different? Let’s see, 2 new game-modes, 3 new maps, and entirely new approach to avoid alienating people for no good reason, a less obnoxious name and a new forum so people can actually begin to give constructive feedback.

I suppose the only thing it’s sorely lacking is a cure for the blind. Maybe in version 1.1?

• Looks great, thanks for putting in all the consistent good work.