Feinting with shield

• [youtubehd:1t72t9gb]_b_H9pNFDmM[/youtubehd:1t72t9gb]

What do you think?
    Obviously I didn’t fight really good here but I think that is an abuse. I know the guy and I’m not mad on him because players will always find and take the easiest way.
    Also I want to mention that the alt slash on that thing is still way too fast. I don’t even know how I managed to parry it the second time. Now imagine he would throw in a real feint, unbeatable.

• Facehugging with shields as knight is dead. Bubble doesn’t let you sneak hits in for free anymore and the shield drop time makes even norse sword alt slash predictable. You just stood there and took it though, I think if you’d repeatedly attacked him while he closed the distance and did that stupid feint-block shuffle you might have exhausted his stamina before he could whittle you down so easily.

Also, knights can’t backpedal out of kicks like archers and MAAs do so you should be looking to daze him. Even if he knows his shit and drops the shield you’ll get enough distance to get one or two more hits on his block.

• because the shields still got teh old animations so everything’s really fast with them, the HWS stab is as fast as it was before it got nerfed more or less.

• Kind of funny how a shield knight has to wield secondaries and abuse shitty game mechanics to be effective now. They might as well delete the warhammer and make the bastard swords 2H only.

• That looks ugly as hell :D

Kick him? Stop backpedaling and swing around him? Jump stab? Jump overhead? Run to the side to gain some space and then overhead while he is twitching?

Dunno, never saw something like that :D

• You should’ve used your secondary. If you had used your secondary then and lost that means you just, well… lost. Also, with fast one handers if you facehug and use footwork you can do a slash-feint-alt slash, which is very good for getting around sheilds but only if they aim their shields correctly and if you take them off guard. If you used your secondary(no shield) and lost to him then he’s just better than you because shields suck.

• Doesn’t really look abusive. He just uses the shield for the thing its best at: blocking vision and showing off. The animations could need some smoothing though.

The trick with the Norse Sword is either to use it youself (may the better one win) or stay away from him using a longer and more powerful weapon. Using a faster weapon only works if you can jump in and out of his reach. Also, as already mentioned, the shield drop time prevents him from attacking too fast. But if he used the Kite it would work out nicely. The setup especially when combined with heavy feinting is weak on the stamina and reach sides. Use it to your advantage: More aggression while trying to stay away from him. Also trading hits will not favor him.

• Guys I didn’t say I fight well there, I just wanted to record that. I do beat him from time to time. And while I appreciate your tips I just wanted to spawn a discussion about that special way of feinting. Some people jump, some just look up and down, and well he, he fucks around with his shield.

• Protip: Attack.

• @fvonb:

[youtubehd:3b8ky9rv]_b_H9pNFDmM[/youtubehd:3b8ky9rv]

What do you think?
    Obviously I didn’t fight really good here but I think that is an abuse. I know the guy and I’m not mad on him because players will always find and take the easiest way.
    Also I want to mention that the alt slash on that thing is still way too fast. I don’t even know how I managed to parry it the second time. Now imagine he would throw in a real feint, unbeatable.

but but… he didnt FEINT you once LOL, i didn’t see any feints. You mean moving your body to make it LOOK like feint or something? he didn’t actually use the feint mechanic from what i saw/heard at all.

Also, the alt swings are slower now than the regular swings.

I would say attack more, if someone can be decent with a shield more power to them, i really hate using them. Instead of trying to counter or something into a huge tower shield, just use the kick while his shields up and you’ll get a free hit every time, no sense not using the best thing against shields… kick.

• @CRUSHED:

Protip: Attack.

Protip: Read.

• @fvonb:

@CRUSHED:

He wasn’t wrong.

• This has been going on for ages.

I fail to see how this is abuse. He’s using block tapping to make fidgity players panic parry. This is but just another tool in the arsenal for using ‘feintless fakeouts’.

Seriously people? Blocking is now an exploit.

• @fvonb:

@CRUSHED:

You whined because you cant deal with this, so i gave you a hint how to beat it.

• @CRUSHED:

@fvonb:

@CRUSHED:

You whined because you cant deal with this, so i gave you a hint how to beat it.

• I did ask for opinions, I wasn’t whining
    • I did ask for opinions, not for tips how to beat that guy
    • I stated that I didn’t fight well in the video because I just wanted to have the technique on tape
    • You didn’t give a hint (others actually did), you was being a dick

@Jstorm:

He wasn’t wrong.

[youtubehd:1ggof9g8]ZjibEkDoXQc[/youtubehd:1ggof9g8]

• @fvonb:

• I did ask for opinions, I wasn’t whining
    • I did ask for opinions, not for tips how to beat that guy
    • I stated that I didn’t fight well in the video because I just wanted to have the technique on tape
    • You didn’t give a hint (others actually did), you was being a dick

He still wasn’t wrong.

• @fvonb:

I did ask for opinions

Best to avoid doing that.

What do you think?
    Obviously I didn’t fight really good here but I think that is an abuse

While this might not be the intended use of that mechanic, it’s not really abuse and is certainly beatable. I’ve seen that technique, although, to be fair, not very often, and I certainly fell for it the first time. It’s intended to make you panic, and it looks like it was working here. As has been suggested, swap to a secondary and try to avoid playing that defensively.

As you say you know this player, I’d ask to duel him a few times and try out some of the suggestions that others have posted.

• I’ve used that same technique before, except I would only do it once or twice each duel. I think it’s a pretty good tool for making your opponent panic. I wouldn’t say it’s an abuse though, since it’s easy enough to ignore if you are watching for it carefully.

• This is the equivalent of running up and jumping in someone’s face to make twitchy players react to nothing.

• It’s kind of silly that this doesn’t cost any stamina; that looks tiring.