Ah, archers..

• why is it so satisfying to dismember an archer? why is it so laughter-inducing to sneak up on an archer and overhead his head off?
    i hate archers when i get sniped from across the map, so when i happen upon one i’m pleased when i can kill him…but sometimes i laugh at the enormous amount of hate archers get…on every map i’ve played, i or someone else will say “fucking archer”, and then it goes from there.

i played archer once for one turn….never again. i suck as it is, and that butter knife was no help for me. and i hate getting killed by an archer and his butter knife.
    what say ye, dost thou enjoy the raping of the archer class?

• I’m probably the one that sniped you :p

• Hahaha, “fuckin archer” is such a common phrase in the game. I say it myself all the time, or " fuck an archer" at which point everyone agrees lol.

• One of my funniest moments in Chivalry was when I crouch walked in Ruins up behind an Archer on the roof top, he didn’t hear me at all. Just before I decapped him I did the sprinting taunt.

He said in chat it scared the shit out of him :D

• I often spam “I’m right behind you” or “I’ve got your back” when I sneak up behind an archer, it always leaves me with a giggle when they reply “Yes” or “Thanks” just before I wail on them.
    Ahhh the satisfaction.

• To be honest, if an archer can snipe you all the way from across the other side of the map, then you have to give them props. They often have to deal with avoiding sneaking enemies, your moving around like a headless chicken and not hitting their own teammates to score that kill. Having played all the classes roughly the same amount, I think I can say that Archer is probably the one in which you require the most skill to use well.

Of course its really hard to tell who is skilled, and who is simply using an Aimbot, particularly in pub servers.

The only thing thats really cheap about the archer is how easy it can be to abuse the overhead dagger animations. They are pretty terrible, and often cause the defender to aim his or her block in completely the wrong place.

• My entire playstyle is based around rooting out and destroying enemy archers. It’s how I channel all the negative energy that builds up from having to play this game with so many goddamn worm archers all the time.

• @dudeface:

My entire playstyle is based around rooting out and destroying enemy archers. It’s how I channel all the negative energy that builds up from having to play this game with so many goddamn worm archers all the time.

TO = Team Oh-look-there’s-another-archer-to-kill

The new colour customization has been great for archer slaughter, since some people are kind of cautious before they attack. If you look like you’re running in to battle with them, they’ll happily not put up a fight while you lop their head off.

Also yelling “They’re behind us!” before killing them can add greatly to satisfaction.

• @dudeface:

My entire playstyle is based around rooting out and destroying enemy archers. It’s how I channel all the negative energy that builds up from having to play this game with so many goddamn worm archers all the time.

Mine as well, though it wasn’t intentional. I just realized that half (minimum) of the team I play against in pubs is archer.

Thank goodness 1/2 of them don’t know how to pull out their secondaries. I knew buffing that vanguard charge was a good idea! A vanguard charge decap on an archer with his bow out is instant X9ness.

• @dudeface:

Gooood… give in to your anger, succumb to the Daaark Siiide…

• I killed them. I killed them all. They’re dead, every single one of them. And not just the bowmen, but the crossbowmen and the javelineers, too. They’re like animals, and I slaughtered them like animals. I HATE THEM!

• I must be one of the very few who don’t have pretty much any hate towards achers… :|

• @dudeface:

I killed them. I killed them all. They’re dead, every single one of them. And not just the bowmen, but the crossbowmen and the javelineers, too. They’re like animals, and I slaughtered them like animals. I HATE THEM!

Lmao, good shit. :lolz:

• All this hate towards my Archer brethren makes me a sad puppy.

• @Planetus:

All this hate towards my Archer brethren makes me a sad puppy.

Take a hint… Mr. “balance”

• @SteamUsername:

@Planetus:

Noob archers are no big deal. But one really good archer can make a difference for the team, but so can any good player of their main class. It’s just that the archer is a hell of a lot more annoying because they can get better K/D from farther away, as well as kick your ass with a tiny little dagger.

• @Event:

@SteamUsername:

@Planetus:

Noob archers are no big deal. But one really good archer can make a difference for the team, but so can any good player of their main class. It’s just that the archer is a hell of a lot more annoying because they can get better K/D from farther away, as well as kick your ass with a tiny little dagger.

That’s the point, an equally skilled archer easily beat an equally skilled anything else ( if they can aim “A.K.A. SKILLED”) in every situation. Not balanced. in my opinion of course. But it is clear to me.

edited for spelling

• i used to love throwing them off the wall with my javelins. unfortunately, they nerfed the javelin throw to death in one massive nerf, cutting it’s range by two-thirds, so now Javeliner is basically just a weak melee class that may, occasionally, mix his stabs up with close-range throws, so now the Javeliner is absolutely useless against archers.

• probably because it makes you guys feel skilled and like you own or sumthing when you chop the weakest class in the game down with 1 hit from your op vanguard swords would be my guess.

it shouldnt be fun at all, actually you should feel bad for yourself, owning archers would be like hitting some one with glasses in real life or bullying a smaller kid then you!

killing an archer has to be the most skilless kill in this game, they can barely move, have no ammo and die in 1 hit.

if you think thats fun then i can see why the game has been ruined/nerfed so much to cater to you guys and your lack of skill.

• I love this class. They are fun to play as and fun to fight against. As to their “butter knives”, use the thrusting dagger and shield (or not shield if you’d like a Michael Myers overhand). Thrusting can overcome any heavy.

Two or three well placed archers on a TO map can easily be the difference between winning and losing.

One of the best aspects of Chivalry.