Chivalry GOTY edition?

• Didn’t see it mentioned anywhere else, but I wonder if a GOTY bundle will come out for the fence sitters.
    Maybe have Chivalry with the Expansion sold for $30 instead of Base game $25 then another $15 ($40).

Like all games that have done this going back to around Duke 3D Atomic addition, I know a lot would cry “Oh man, you mean to tell me had I waited a year I’d get a discounted price?”. But at the same time these editions do give the fence sitters an incentive to pick it up. Batman AC, and MK9 were both nice examples of this. ( I have friends with 360’s who double dipped on MK9 just so they wouldn’t have to worry about the extra characters not being downloadable when the servers don’t have the DLC one day.)

Would you guys support a GOTY discounted bundle a la Batman/MK/Borderlands/etc./etc./etc.?

Carry pitchforks?

Not care?

• I love this idea, mainly because I want this game but I also dont know if I will buy it, but this makes me want to. I only found out about the game two days ago and instanty became interested. Also does anyone else think a demo might help sell the game for people like me?

• @Fortitude:

Also does anyone else think a demo might help sell the game for people like me?

Every so often they make Chivalry: Medieval Warfare free to play on Steam for a weekend. I have seen this happen at least twice already. Keep your eyes open.

I would also like to point out that the game has frequently received handsome discounts during Steam sales and is reasonably priced to begin with.

Personally I was hooked after watching Husky’s videos about the game. I paid full price and do not regret the purchase.

• For me it depends on the price… I’m very much a fan of the base-game, however the setting for DW isn’t really my cup of tea, so will wait and see how that pans out.

For most people however, it’d probably be a good purchase

If however they announced a DLC of new maps (preferably TO maps) I’d be up that faster than a rat up a drainpipe :P

• was chivalry game of the year?

• @clayton-bigsby:

was chivalry game of the year?

Considering some of the recent drivel on PC gaming, it’d be my game of the year

Really has been a drought of good games in recent years.

• well i think it should have been indie goty if it was not…

but i think in order for a game to have a GOTY edition… it should have won game of the year… no?

that’s kind of what i’m getting at.

• @clayton-bigsby:

well i think it should have been indie goty if it was not…

but i think in order for a game to have a GOTY edition… it should have won game of the year… no?

that’s kind of what i’m getting at.

think it was nominated for indie GOTY: http://www.chivalrythegame.com/blog/archives/831

can;t remember if it won anything or not

• If it’s not game of the year you just call it an “ultimate edition”. Problem solved!