A random person I've never seen before is level 60.

• Referencing this thread: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=16655 , which was posted 12 days ago, there are no level 60s. None even close, aside from Sir Pink and Tobi-Wan Kenobi.

Yet today I see this guy: http://imgur.com/a/eKTcw

What gives? I’ve certainly never seen this guy around. Most likely it’s just another rank bug, but it’s really bothering me.

• You shoulda looked at his profile to see how many hours he had.

In any case, the rank bug seems to be evolving faster than our most dedicated players.

• Hmm, someone who got rank bugged twice?

• @dudeface:

You shoulda looked at his profile to see how many hours he had.

In any case, the rank bug seems to be evolving faster than our most dedicated players.

His profile is in the 2nd picture I linked. It’s private, and he has no aliases.

• Sooo…Is it glitched rank or is it a legit rank up, or what!?

• Oh, whoops. Yeah, too bad it’s private.
    Dunno if it’s a new rank glitch or what. The previous common rank glitches always seem to result in particular ranks (37, 46, etc). Maybe there are other more specific rank glitches that people can do intentionally though.

• Does it really matter? They should just do away with the ranks entirely. I often trounce ranks higher then me and get trounced by ranks lower then me. So really the only thing it shows is that someone has played a fair amount of ffa’s and scored a high kill ratio. It doesn’t really tell the story of man hours or your k/d ratio, or even how well you play scenario maps. It just shows you have a fair few kills.

Correct me if I’m wrong mind you, I’ve never really understood ranks. Face value says that it’s based on how many kills you get.

• It’s not really a big deal. It’s sort of interesting to see how many hours it takes to reach certain ranks, and one can only imagine that a genuine rank 60 would be a pretty staggering number, but in the end all that matters is your skill. I suppose you get special helmets now too, so there’s that (not for rank 60 yet tho).

• @dudeface:

It’s not really a big deal. It’s sort of interesting to see how many hours it takes to reach certain ranks, and one can only imagine that a genuine rank 60 would be a pretty staggering number, but in the end all that matters is your skill. I suppose you get special helmets now too, so there’s that (not for rank 60 yet tho).

Could also be a cyber cafe account, they tend to rack up the hours too

• Sir pink isn’t the highest ranking chiv player anymore…

• Couldn’t a person just farm kills in ffa or even against bots?

I’ve been meeting plenty of 30’s and 40’s lately that don’t even turn and aim their blocks, some still hackusing me when I play my MAA. I don’t put too much stock into rank anymore.

• Heh, well there’s a level 60. I remember Slygoat saying they weren’t worried about 60 helmets because only two people were even close to 60 and that it would take them a while to reach it. It would be particularly amusing if their own bug caused this to happen. It’s not like they’re really going to make a level 60 helm (just make it a Samurai or Spartan helm, I mean c’mon) though.

• Maybe its this guy…

• You can alter some values in game cache (or sth like this) to give yourself a higher level. This won’t last but you keep any helmet you would have at this rank (some rank <40 player with a golden helmet told me).

I don’t know the exact details but it basically a hack.

• The guy (60) said that there’s apparently an even higher rank player in Korea.

• @Evil:

You can alter some values in game cache (or sth like this) to give yourself a higher level. This won’t last but you keep any helmet you would have at this rank (some rank <40 player with a golden helmet told me).

I don’t know the exact details but it basically a hack.

You mean giving yourself more exps in the stats.ini? This only works when you play on local because the server overrides your values.

• @Coaster_Man:

The guy (60) said that there’s apparently an even higher rank player in Korea.

Hey it is wrong.
    I am korean and the highest rank in korea
    my rank is 47 and i have played this game over 1050hours.
    I saw 60rank guy in western server yesterday but he isn’t that great
    anyway he is wrong

• If they are level 60, I expect nothing less than the ability to obliterate the entire enemy team singlehandedly.

Plus, it’s rather obvious that if aren’t at the top of the scoreboard, they aren’t legit.

• there are no level 60s. None even close

level 54 here brotha!

so you might want to think before you speak such blasphemy my friend, and id like to think 6 levels away is close.

• @DerFürst:

If they are level 60, I expect nothing less than the ability to obliterate the entire enemy team singlehandedly.

Plus, it’s rather obvious that if aren’t at the top of the scoreboard, they aren’t legit.

Time played doesn’t necessarily equal skill. It can definitely help but I often beat people that are a higher level than me and I consider myself a pretty average player.