Whats the ETA on NEW MAPS please?

• Hi,

just wondering when and if there are going to be any new maps, getting really bored and tired of the same old maps over n over n over :(

Thanks

• will probably have to rely on the community to make those.

• You’re not alone. We’ve been patiently waiting for new content for quite some time. The last new thing I remember being added, aside from the shoe-horned blunt weapons (Flail, Q-Staff, Sling, and Polehammer), was the Citadel map. That was released about a month or so after the release of the game. So yeah, it’s been quite some time since we’ve had new content.

• @Sir:

You’re not alone. We’ve been patiently waiting for new content for quite some time. The last new thing I remember being added, aside from the shoe-horned blunt weapons (Flail, Q-Staff, Sling, and Polehammer), was the Citadel map. That was released about a month or so after the release of the game. So yeah, it’s been quite some time since we’ve had new content.

True but am hoping in the next patch we get better implementation of rcon and proper SDK stuff so people can make their own maps. I suspect TB spending what time they have fixing bugs and adding new features while the community can build the maps is the best use of time

• We are all hoping for new maps. TBS has said before that they have a few siege-type maps on the backburner, but they weren’t a priority at the time when they were doing their best to fix bugs and whatnot. And now they have announced that they are working on a stand-alone expansion so I guess these maps for Chivalry they talked about is still on the backburner… but who knows, when the expansion is released, they might release maps for Chivalry too? Maybe not along with the expansion, probably month(s) later, but it would be a nice surprise of them to give Chivalry a new TO map, even if it’s just one!

• They haven’t said they are gonna make any new maps.

One the SDK is fully released they can do a competition and voice act several TO maps and make them official.

A bunch of new maps with the smallest amount of work. Boom.

• @lemonater47:

They haven’t said they are gonna make any new maps.

One the SDK is fully released they can do a competition and voice act several TO maps and make them official.

A bunch of new maps with the smallest amount of work. Boom.

This. This is what needs to happen. Even if it produces an influx of mediocre maps, we should be able to get a good selection of player generated ones by survival of the fittest and maybe put them together as a map pack… official or otherwise :)

• @lemonater47:

One the SDK is fully released they can do a competition and voice act several TO maps and make them official. A bunch of new maps with the smallest amount of work. Boom.

I hope you’re wrong. I paid for a game supported by profesionals, not hobbyist modders (even if TBS guys aren’t much more at the moment seeing they are still unable to fix bugs/exploits on MW). What kind of policy is that ?!

• @Junanagou:

@lemonater47:

One the SDK is fully released they can do a competition and voice act several TO maps and make them official. A bunch of new maps with the smallest amount of work. Boom.

I hope you’re wrong. I paid for a game supported by profesionals, not hobbyist modders (even if TBS guys aren’t much more at the moment seeing they are still unable to fix bugs/exploits on MW). What kind of policy is that ?!

tbh in the modern era of bug filled post patch game development (I mean look at everything EA have churned out recently) it’s nice that the game is being supported at all.

It’s not unheard of for devs to churn out a game, patch a couple of bugs then wash their hands of it completely once they’ve made their money.

• @SavageBeatings:

We are all hoping for new maps.

^

TO maps.

• @MonkeyFiend:

@Junanagou:

@lemonater47:

tbh in the modern era of bug filled post patch game development (I mean look at everything EA have churned out recently) it’s nice that the game is being supported at all.

It’s not unheard of for devs to churn out a game, patch a couple of bugs then wash their hands of it completely once they’ve made their money.

Meh maxis is a shit developer. I don’t blame EA for that. And now EA has a 24hour money back guarantee if you don’t like be game.

Anyway the modders maps will be fine. I’ve seen a couple of them and they are pretty good. Though not optimised. As the file size of them is about two times as big as the normal chivalry TO maps.

• I suspect that Deadliest Warrior will be the nail in Chivalry’s coffin, unless they’re somehow morphing the games together.

• @Grogan:

I suspect that Deadliest Warrior will be the nail in Chivalry’s coffin, unless they’re somehow morphing the games together.

improvements in netcode and bugfixes etc., should be shared across both games (since we’ll assume they’re both the same underlying game code)

I suspect development of new maps will be back burnered though

• @Junanagou:

@lemonater47:

You know, some of the most popular games ever created came from “hobbyist modders.” Dota and Counter-strike being prime examples. Chivalry is a game that only came about due to a popular HL2 mod: Age of Chivalry.

If you’ve had a look in the map section you may also see that a couple of maps in there are actually made by professional level designers in their spare time. Modding support is the best thing TBS can do for their game imo.

• @Junanagou:

I hope you’re wrong. I paid for a game supported by profesionals, not hobbyist modders…!

I sentence you to 15 straight play-throughs of the Citadel map.

If, by then, you haven’t learned your lesson you’ll receive an additional 10 full rounds in the duel shaft map.

• @Junanagou:

@lemonater47:

I think his post about a map competition is just speculation, however, community created content can be really awesome and sometimes be better than official content.

• @quigleyer:

If, by then, you haven’t learned your lesson you’ll receive an additional 10 full rounds in the duel shaft map.

I don’t know what you’re talking about Quig, Shaft is a very fun duel map with some actual environmental factors.

• @Dr.Nick:

@quigleyer:

I don’t know what you’re talking about Quig, Shaft is a very fun duel map with some actual environmental factors.

Like the lift :)? For a good time I used to duel guys on the lift that would step on it with me (sort of like I like dueling in between the saw blades in the mill). Sometimes it’s just a rocky ride as you fall in increments down to where the lift is as it descends, instead of standing on it normally- but usually after about 10-20 seconds players will fall through the floor completely, and the one with the most health wins as you both hit the ground beneath you!

In all seriousness there’s nowhere for a vanguard or knight to fight effectively, minus the bottom where no one will go. I’m pretty much reduced to stabbing until I get into a more open area, lest my weapon deflect off a pole/wall/ceiling. I find archers have too easy of a time sitting up top and picking me off from weird angles as I try to run up to them, as I have nowhere to really serpentine around and a very long way to go up, though they only usually get one round up top. I’m exposed at a weird angle with the archer way way up above me and find generally that a shield is iffy at best.

I am a big fan of the lift crushing you, though (I love deathtraps!). It’s just that once people know about it no one will fight you on the floor because they’re afraid it will happen to them.

Oh hey, are you the guy I was pugging with last night BTW?

• Fighting under the elevator is so intense xD I love it. Cowardly archers that run around the entire map are annoying on shaft certainly but you have to keep in mind they can be equally irritating on most of the other duel maps too.
    Yup that was me on your team!