Has anyone else lost interest in this game since expansion?

• I’m still fairly invested, after 4-6 months. The servers are populated, everyone’s playing and everything’s working just fine, aside from the well known glitches, but nothing game-breaking. Though those of you who have been playing since release have a better idea from ground level as to where this game is heading. An expansion is good but the holes in Chivalry need some pluggin and some lovin’

• agree with soc, hex, alterbyme… all of the above.

i pretty much just play casually now, no sense trying to plant flowers in the sand. still fun to play from time to time but far from the game i played from last october and cared about… now it’s just a dying flower that’s already lost some of it’s color and vibrance to where trying to save it doesn’t really make sense. I think about what you typed up there all the time, how i wish i could just wipe my slate clean of chivalry like i never played it before. New players have that advantage now of not knowing what was and what is, and just have that initial excitement still that this game brought, and knowing the potential to escalate your skill leaps and bounds to endless possibilities.

But alas, for me that light is gone…

i’ve been spending most of my days now doing heists in payday 2… soaking up a good bit of hours, it may be my new chivalry.

For those that say it sucks that there’s no competitive scene anymore… and that it sucks… well there’s a reason for that, but i think it’s been said enough that no sense repeating. There are some clans trying to start up again… and new clans forming, but honestly what’s the point? there’s no real reason to play competitively unless you want to eventually play the best teams, in ACTUAL tournaments or have ACTUAL prizes and bragging rights or SOMETHING… but a lot of the best teams no longer play, there are no actual tournaments other than community organized ones (and they end in a drama filled fuckfest) and there are no actual prizes, and the bragging rights who fucking cares anymore?

TL:DR… my answer is yes.

• You lot need to stop being over dramatic. Its like I’m at an old folks home.

Its a proven fact that everyone thinks that the past is better.

Chivalry to me is still about skill, smooth flowing combat and taking heads. And compared to every other game in the market it does it the best.

The game is more balanced a bit more bugged and more flexible than it was before. Those are pretty much the changes from release to now. And customisation of course.

• i’m just basically saying that there’s little reason to play actual competitive. you can still be competitive player in pubs, but that’s not what i’m talking about. Actually being in a clan nowadays just feels jokey to me. i’d rather just play casually now and pub stomp, because that’s just more fun.

didn’t say the game has lost all it’s fun factor

idk if i belong in a old folks home i mean i did just turn 25… and the average gaming age seems to be about 10 so… you tell me. maybe it’s just us older gamers colliding with the youngins i don’t know… just as a gamer i like to be competitive and like to play games with high skill ceiling. Certainly skill is still involved but it’s nowhere near as dynamic i don’t feel as before. It’s not living in the past, it’s just seeing changes that overall made gameplay less interesting for me personally.

I played a lot of no feint in duels, and i carried that over to TO, didn’t need to feint before. Now, unless you want to have a 30 second to 1 minute battle with most folks in a TO server, you practically NEED to feint. I don’t like gameplay that relies on simple feints and shit like that… sorry but that’s just my opinion. If ya don’t like it then sorry, it is what it is.

• with the shifting focus to the expansion meaning prevailing issues will continue to persist and there won’t be any new map content (or fixes) for sometime I am no longer quite as enthused as I have been about playing and developing in my own way. In particular the departure from the appeal of the core game, thematically as much as anything else, has given me some reason to begin thinking about other diversions, at least until the merits of the expansion are better known.

• I don’t care about the expansion.
    The only thing i care about is getting the vanilla game fixed.
    If they want to dig their own grave by creating an expansion and killing the original game,then,it’s up to them.
    To say that they are incompetent would be an understatement.
    What really drives me insane is that they got: A studio,new developers(programers etc),a lot more money than they originally expected,yet the bugs that have been in the game since the start are still there(and new ones arrive with each new patch).
    Hell,Nabster alone fixes bugs faster than their entire team of developers,i just find that pathetic and sad.
    Check out Chivalry+ i think it’s gonna be amazing !

• @Shard:

You really believe that Torn Banner will finally release SDK on live?

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@Shard:

Of course they will! It will be released the same week as Half-life 3.

• @Sidewinder:

@rumpelstiltskin:

@Shard:

Of course they will! It will be released the same week as Half-life 3.

it’s that exact day when scientists will find the question behind 42.

• I have 1000+hours on chivalry, and yes… its finally gotten boring.
    Looking forward to TotalWar Rome2, SPARTA!!.. its 2bad chivalry went the way it did.

TBS should just Reboot chivalry back to its Release form, but with all the weapon/map/customization addons/fixes.
    I still like chivalry and will continue to play it, but just not as much.

• I’ve played for over 1000 hours as well and barely play anymore, the balance and mechanics aren’t what they used to be, and there is really no point in playing the game except to kill time. The game is completely missing competitive play in every aspect. I don’t count those silly troll e-peen community tournaments that get held every now and then. This game would have more players if there was legitimate matchmaking with different playlists and an actual ranking system that meant something. The current rank system is a joke and means absolutely nothing. And if ranked matchmaking isn’t what people want you could always add unranked matchmaking to please everyone.

• I can overlook balance issues and shady game combat mechanics to still find the game enjoyable, but I have been rarely playing it of late as all servers I join just seems to stutter so much, makes it worse when it causes everyone’s pings to steadily rise above 100 too, that animations sometimes don’t show when you get hit or swings just phase through people with no collision.
    I just cannot play for more than 20 minutes anymore without having to quit.

They need to release a dedicated bug fixing and optimization patch and soon.

• @jrmftw:

I can overlook balance issues and shady game combat mechanics to still find the game enjoyable, but I have been rarely playing it of late as all servers I join just seems to stutter so much, makes it worse when it causes everyone’s pings to steadily rise above 100 too, that animations sometimes don’t show when you get hit or swings just phase through people with no collision.
    I just cannot play for more than 20 minutes anymore without having to quit.

They need to release a dedicated bug fixing and optimization patch and soon.

Join the NSW servers. The VIC ones suck.

• @lemonater47:

Join the NSW servers. The VIC ones suck.

this is bad issue in NA servers as well…

• @alterbyme:

@dimon:

imho tornbanner should just steal the way competetive scene is managed in worldoftanks. Mb invest several thousand dollars per month. It would make it more popular :D

I see the competitive scene as Chivalry’s endgame, and for TB to not invest in it at all is the causation for Chivalry’s inevitable demise.

On top of everything, TB has shown that they positively resent the competitive community.

i totally agree with you. Mb as inscenitive they should take money from professionals, so you join some league or tournament, or can play more games per day etc, and make some shit like fighting on a map in wot, or even some normal tourneys with coverage on main site. I realise there seems to be no point in helping the comp scene grow, as we have alrdy payed out money, but there must be a point as such successful games as dota2 spend so much on it.

bout that patch, i have to say i understand them , they probably dont play the game too much, and have to hear all the whining from nubs :D

• I think the biggest disappointment is that they never finished the SDK before moving on to a new game.

I am craving new TO maps but it does not look like we are getting any this year.

• 1118 active steam players as of 8AM EST and that number blossomed into a whopping 1500 ish by lunch. I would say people have indeed lost interest, faith, and patience with this title. They had better release the SDK soon or modders will lose interest due to a lack of audience.

It is one thing to release an expansion, quite another to think it will fix the base game’s issues and lost clientele. Worse, if they do with this what they did with CMW, they will lose all credibility as a company. Critical moment for TBS, but is it too late with such a low active audience? Still pulling for them, but seeing numbers like that makes me have doubts this is going much further.

To put in perspective, M&B had 2500 ish around this time and L4D2, a very old title in comparison, was rocking about 5000+ players.

• @the_brown_cloud:

1118 active steam players as of 8AM EST and that number blossomed into a whopping 1500 ish by lunch. I would say people have indeed lost interest, faith, and patience with this title. They had better release the SDK soon or modders will lose interest due to a lack of audience.

It is one thing to release an expansion, quite another to think it will fix the base game’s issues and lost clientele. Worse, if they do with this what they did with CMW, they will lose all credibility as a company. Critical moment for TBS, but is it too late with such a low active audience? Still pulling for them, but seeing numbers like that makes me have doubts this is going much further.

To put in perspective, M&B had 2500 ish around this time and L4D2, a very old title in comparison, was rocking about 5000+ players.

You must be new here.

1000ish in the morning and 1500 a few hours later isn’t too bad. There are a little over 2000 right now. This is actually fine because it spikes up to 3000ish at peak hours. When the game consistently hovers around or less than 1000 at peak, then we’re in trouble. Take a look at War of the Roses. THAT game is in deep shit. Valve titles and the grandaddy of Chiv’s genre (which has a huge mod community) isn’t a fair comparison.

• @omg87:

You must be new here.

1000ish in the morning and 1500 a few hours later isn’t too bad. There are a little over 2000 right now. This is actually fine because it spikes up to 3000ish at peak hours. When the game consistently hovers around or less than 1000 at peak, then we’re in trouble. Take a look at War of the Roses. THAT game is in deep shit. Valve titles and the grandaddy of Chiv’s genre (which has a huge mod community) isn’t a fair comparison.

You must be new here. If it drops to 1500 on average the spread across the regions is very thin and servers become hard to find the game type you want. Split the community further into Deadliest Warrior and it will drop the community even harder.

• @gregcau:

@omg87:

You must be new here.

You must be new here. If it drops to 1500 on average the spread across the regions is very thin and servers become hard to find the game type you want. Split the community further into Deadliest Warrior and it will drop the community even harder.

This was always the case - except for DW. Are you saying Chiv was in deep shit since January?