Unresponsive controls

• My guy doesn’t attack when I want him to, even if I spam click. This happens while I’m NOT flinched.
    My guy blocks when I don’t want him to, even a whole second after I clicked the button. This sometimes kills me, which is REALLY annoying. I hate unfair deaths :/

• possibly you have two actions bound to the same key?

You can try resetting your configs by renaming chivalry’s config folder in /documents/my games/… to something else and then revrifying the game cache. It’ll redownload a clean copy of the configs

• Ive been havin this problem lately too, Ill frantically try to attack but my guy just stands there lol. Just started happenin, but its only been lasting for a few seconds.

• I have never changed any keybind except 1 button dodge to ALT instead of V.

Yeah, it only happens for a second or too for me too.

• I’m going to revive this thread because my guy wouldn’t block after a combo, I thought it was weird so I tried doing it again and it worked instantly. Doesn’t even work when you spam click.

• I have the problem that block sometimes doesnt react and sometimes my character does an overhead instead of a block. sometimes he also does an overhead without me touching anything

• I must say I have noticed this, particularly when I have a shield for some reason. I click attack or block and nothing happens, if nothing else it should queue the attack/parry. Some nights it happens a lot and sometimes not at all which makes me thing it’s something to do with packet loss or something.

@Peter:

I have the problem that block sometimes doesnt react and sometimes my character does an overhead instead of a block. sometimes he also does an overhead without me touching anything

I’ve had the overhead without touching anything too. I thought it was maybe my mouse wheel was sort of half way between two positions and moving the mouse around causes it to click to the next position without touching or something?

• @Dr:

I must say I have noticed this, particularly when I have a shield for some reason. I click attack or block and nothing happens, if nothing else it should queue the attack/parry. Some nights it happens a lot and sometimes not at all which makes me thing it’s something to do with packet loss or something.

@Peter van Parodin:

I have the problem that block sometimes doesnt react and sometimes my character does an overhead instead of a block. sometimes he also does an overhead without me touching anything

I’ve had the overhead without touching anything too. I thought it was maybe my mouse wheel was sort of half way between two positions and moving the mouse around causes it to click to the next position without touching or something?

That’s exactly what I thought, too… Sometimes it also seems to be in a queue. Like: you accidently scroll down, but parry before the overhead starts, so the overhead gets into a queue and starts as soon as your parry ends.
    One thing that’s really annoying about it: You want to parry, but right before you click the right mousebutton, the auto-overhead starts and you’re not parrying, you’re feinting… DOH!!

• Yup agreed / experienced (frequently)

• dead block button (most often)
    • mystery swings

Both most annoying… Especially the mystery swing when I’ve turned and am facing a team mate. lol

• Yes, I also have this issue. Just started playing the game and it seems sweet, but sometimes when I click mouse button to block nothing happens. I tested it and it even happens intermittently when I’m not in combat, so it definitely has nothing to do with having just blocked, been hit, swung and missed, etc. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn’t. Very, very annoying. Please fix. Does anyone have a workaround or fix???

• +1 I experience the same from time to time.
    I even got a new mouse but the problem continued.

Another problem which annoys me is that Chivalry favors button bashers.
    I’m more that player who holds his buttons down instead of beating his mouse to death which often gets me killed.
    F.e. when you hold RMB down just like 0,000000001ms before flinch time ends, your action is completely ignored.
    Instead you have to let go of the button and hit it again after flinch time ends.

tl;dr: Hit your buttons repeatedly until they break if you want your character to be responsive.