Deadliest Warrior - No TO Maps issue

• So having understood the bigger picture around deadliest warrior I could get behind it.

But I think not having TO maps is a big problem.

TO maps are the staple behind this game. It is FUN to have a goal during the game.

TDM I think I have played maybe 20 times over the last year, because it is pointless. Nobody tries to conserve resources so win or lose it really doesn’t matter, it is only about personal kills. One way to make it a little better is instant respawn so at least it becomes a blood fest.

TO maps would be awesome on deadliest warrior. You can have a saxon stronghold with the romans surrounding it. You can recreate the 300 movies. OMG WHY WOULD YOU NOT HAVE TO MAPS.

I would suggest creating a competition where people submit specifications for a map and then you pick the best to create.

Unfortunately I suspect you promised certain timelines to Spike TV and that is why TO was skipped…

• Source of TO not being in it?

• @DDR:

Source of TO not being in it?

Read this
    viewtopic.php?f=103&t=18627

• At the very least I hope that modders/mappers will still be able to make TO maps or turn existing CDW maps into TO maps with the SDK.

• @gregcau:

So having understood the bigger picture around deadliest warrior I could get behind it.

But I think not having TO maps is a big problem.

TO maps are the staple behind this game. It is FUN to have a goal during the game.

TDM I think I have played maybe 20 times over the last year, because it is pointless. Nobody tries to conserve resources so win or lose it really doesn’t matter, it is only about personal kills. One way to make it a little better is instant respawn so at least it becomes a blood fest.

TO maps would be awesome on deadliest warrior. You can have a saxon stronghold with the romans surrounding it. You can recreate the 300 movies. OMG WHY WOULD YOU NOT HAVE TO MAPS.

I would suggest creating a competition where people submit specifications for a map and then you pick the best to create.

Unfortunately I suspect you promised certain timelines to Spike TV and that is why TO was skipped…

I am equally upset that they are ignoring what I think is possibly the most definitive game mode of Chivalry, and what is more than likely a true fan favorite. I do think, though, that your idea to make a competition for suggesting possible TO’s would be rather fun. If only because I have ideas for days.

• I don’t understand why one would leave out that gamemode. Of course, I can’t speak on behalf of the entire community, but most people I know, including me, prefer playing TO the most.
    Not saying that TDM is bad, but it’s actually included in TO and most importantly, gamemodes that are all about killing the opposing faction without having to complete any objecties are kinda lame.

• @Ma:

…what I think is possibly the most definitive game mode of Chivalry

Aye, that’s the reason I play it - it’s essentially the primary/default game mode. Duel is fun if you’re prepared to sink WoW-like hours into playing, TDM/FFA is throwaway fluff, LTS is just boring and CTF isn’t playable (always seems far laggier/choppier than the other modes for me, and I have a pretty decent machine).

Haven’t read much about DW yet, but so far it seems like it’s just a fun little tie-in thing so I can imagine adding TO maps would be a major issue after adding all the other required content.

• This game wouldn’t be the same without team objective… it just lowers itself to a lower easily changed COD with swords. Please don’t leave this mode out! The thing that made me by this game aside from intrigue was the beautiful environments. I hope they’re at least polished plenty for the finished release as i am aware they’re still in early alpha!

I suppose if they’re still supporting the original chiv tho, i’d probs just play that… but as others have mentioned… the maps are starting to become state! Still love Stoneshill T.O though!

• Dafuq I’ve played 700 hours TO, 2 TDM matches, 1 FFA and like 2hours LTS and I have no intention to change that ratio. DW is not for me then, apparently.

• Dude…
    Deadliest warrior is more than probably just a f…ing reskin of chivalry with just 6 TDM maps…
    Can’t believe devs announced it like something huge… hahaha TBS felt from 1% credibility to 0

• Kinda sucks, TO is definitely my favorite mode to play…

• They recently had to re-adjust their servers and add more TO servers because it was the one that was always full- for a while you couldn’t get into any TO games due to volume of players interested in that mode.

Here’s a thread I actually started about it, and they listened and fixed it very quickly, and now TO is very easy to get in to. I was also redirected to another thread where it was mentioned before-hand while Kimi was adjusting the official class server rotations. Here’s my thread about it:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16038&p=166406&hilit=server+rotation#p166406

So they’re well aware of how popular TO is as a game mode. I imagine it’s other outside factors (spike TV and deadlines, perhaps). Not a promising start.

Everyone complains they want new TO maps and the studio announces an expansion is in the works. We’re all excited about what it is. Oh, it’s just a Deadliest Warrior Chiv variant arcade mode. And no, it doesn’t actually contain what everyone was waiting for. But hey, Spartans.

• @quigleyer:

They recently had to re-adjust their servers and add more TO servers because it was the one that was always full- for a while you couldn’t get into any TO games due to volume of players interested in that mode.

Here’s a thread I actually started about it, and they listened and fixed it very quickly, and now TO is very easy to get in to. I was also redirected to another thread where it was mentioned before-hand while Kimi was adjusting the official class server rotations. Here’s my thread about it:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16038&p=166406&hilit=server+rotation#p166406

So they’re well aware of how popular TO is as a game mode. I imagine it’s other outside factors (spike TV and deadlines, perhaps). Not a promising start.

Everyone complains they want new TO maps and the studio announces an expansion is in the works. We’re all excited about what it is. Oh, it’s just a Deadliest Warrior Chiv variant arcade mode. And no, it doesn’t actually contain what everyone was waiting for. But hey, Spartans.

I assume there will be some bottomless pit of death then, at least? If not- they have clearly failed the 3 Cs of advertising:
    -content
    -candy
    -crowd

• Everyone loves TO it is the best game mode of all for sure because it has a goal not just s pointless killing.I waited so long for new to maps and when I heared of an expansion and words from TB like we are working on sige environment I thought its finally here.Then I saw deadliest warrior and I was so dissapointed all my expectations were shuttered;(Expected to maps in deadliest worrior and then I found out theres none;(That was my second dissapointment

• Rather dissapointed that all the precious dev time is going to be invested in this instead of just making new TO maps for vanilla Chivalry (something which surely would have prolonged interest in the game).

• With the SDK coming soon, I find it logical that they would cease to create new maps as that is now up to the community. Plus, the current TO maps are still fun as hell

• @Event:

With the SDK coming soon, I find it logical that they would cease to create new maps as that is now up to the community. Plus, the current TO maps are still fun as hell

What… so this is also the reason why they don’t fix bugs? :?

Seriously, though. 90% of my playtime is on TO, not sure if I’ll buy this without any TO-maps.

• @afiNity:

@Event:

With the SDK coming soon, I find it logical that they would cease to create new maps as that is now up to the community. Plus, the current TO maps are still fun as hell

Seriously, though. 90% of my playtime is on TO, not sure if I’ll buy this without any TO-maps.

No, and they are fixing bugs. They just want to fix as many as they can find and release one big bug fix patch.

• @Event:

@afiNity:

@Event Horizon:

No, and they are fixing bugs. They just want to fix as many as they can find and release one big bug fix patch.

I guess the irony in my post was a bit too subtle