How to Attract AND Maintain a Player Base

• I’m going to put it simply, this game needs to address two major aspects:

1. Matchmaking
    -New players become easily discouraged when facing experienced players. Part of that is their problem(giving up too easily). I believe games in general these days make it too easy too win; it’s actually harder to lose than it is to win in many games now days ( ex: Morrowind v. Skyrim), but that’s another debate. The other part is the fact that matchmaking isn’t in the game. It’s sad, but many players never even touch the tutorial either. What many new players believe to be bugs are actually just mechanics they haven’t quite gotten a grasp of yet; some of the mechanics are a bit more advanced and take more practice to apply.

2. The remaining bugs
    -Well, this one is pretty self explanatory. However I would like to add that whenever there are bugs, players have an excuse to blame for losing. Despite this, my view is that most of the time it’s simply something they don’t understand i.e advanced mechanics.

Obviously I would like everyone’s opinion on this, because we all want this game to grow and have further success. I’m probably missing a few key points, but that’s where you guys come in :D.

• @parkrangerstan:

How to Attract AND Maintain a Player Base ?

Trying to make profitable the same decrepit game engine used in Chivalry-MW by creating an “new” Chivalry software (without the TO maps) to gain some extra $$$ instead of fixing the original one is a VERY bad beginning.

• Yeah, i dont like the new game thing… its gonna kill chivalry population by 1/2… gg chiv you had the potential to be the best game.

With good matchmaking system , players above lvl 40 wouldnt quit because all they can do is play with noobs and get another lvl 40 in the brawl once in a long while. Even in duels you rarely get lvl 40s

So by not being able to play against people of your level, you cant understand where is situated a player in the hierarchy of possible moves, simply because he doesnt know what he is doing.

Stop wasting all manpower in creating fancy maps… we dont care if we playing in a cube or custom maps… we just want to be able to block when we want and not lag because of fancy shit going on in the background,

• Move to Australia.

Play on games on net servers.

Blocking problem solved.

• @parkrangerstan:

1. Matchmaking
    -New players become easily discouraged when facing experienced players.

I think this is only problematic in 1v1. Duels aside, even a new player can pick a knight with a warhammer and a shield (just an example), run into the fray and do massive damage with wild swings.

• @Sir:

I think this is only problematic in 1v1. Duels aside, even a new player can pick a knight with a warhammer and a shield (just an example), run into the fray and do massive damage with wild swings.

There’s definitely some truth to that. However, I’ve seen so many times where teams are so lopsided with skilled players that the new players(even rank 30’s) will leave the server discouraged. Sure, anyone can kill anyone by sneaking up on them, but unless it’s a team of ninja noobs :D , it’s not enough to outweigh the skill of good players(and forget auto balance).

• @parkrangerstan:

I’ve seen so many times where teams are so lopsided with skilled players that the new players(even rank 30’s) will leave the server discouraged.

That definitely happens. I must confess I have done so myself on a few occasions. But I do not think this is something that requires regulation necessarily.

I have seen both Agatha and Masons win and lose every TO map at every available objective. This leads me to believe that none of the maps are completely imbalanced. Granted, some maps favour one side over the other. And it is painful to be shut down without even completing the first objective. But unless this happens all the time, I think it is acceptable. A total defeat is a valid outcome, as is a roaring victory.

I still think a player of any skill can make a meaningful contribution in a team fight. Naturally the amount that a player can contribute will increase with experience (and their TK count will hopefully decrease). The beauty of this game is that every player, be they new or experienced, have room to improve. New players are obviously going to be disadvantaged at first compared to experienced players. But that is okay. After all, they have an opportunity to hone their skills in training mode and custom games against bots.

At the end of the day, even the most godlike duelist can be taken out in the heat of battle with a well-aimed arrow.

• @Sir:

At the end of the day, even the most godlike duelist can be taken out in the heat of battle with a well-aimed arrow.

Ha ha yeah.