Archers, bane of chivalry

• please hear me out on this, I think I have at least a couple valid points.
    have you not seen how much people hate archers? have you not seen how much archers relish the fact they are so annoying? I want to love this game like I did when I first bought it, archers make that really hard for a lot of people. its been a while since I’ve really sat down and played this game since I rage quit for around 2 months because of archers, so Im not up to full speed with what changes you guys have made. But anyways, to the point of this whole post changes I, and so many other archer haters would love to see are

• servers that can choose to not allow the archer class option
      the five cap limit was an amazing start to this but still they are there, and always people fighting over the spots. if this could be added to the game it would put to rest most of my as well as a lot of other archer hater’s problems.

-take away the javelin’s melee / or take away their shield
    why should this weapon of archer get a melee option with their projectile and the other do not? also they are incredibly difficult to get around with that pesky shield and that super quick and quite powerful stab, making them a formidable opponent in close combat when they shouldn’t be as an archer.
    although I would also say the ammo for the javelin should be increased significantly if this change were to be made

-make daggers unable to block two handed weapons such as the maul, pole axe, Zweihänder, and other quite large weapons
    it doesn’t make sense that they can do this and again makes it near impossible to kill an archer with a two handed weapon when they can perry and stab spam you to death before you can make your next swing. I cant explain to you how infuriating it is when you finally get close enough to kill an archer and come down overhead with the might of the maul only to be easily blocked by a puny dagger.

please let me know if indeed some of these things have been done and I am just missing them.

• So much hate against Archers. There are servers with class limits. Sometimes those limits are 0 but you can still random into this class (probably a bug that shold be fixed soon™ ).

The second suggestion is bad - Javelins are meant as hybrid class. And not using that spear you hold to stab while being able to throw it is just stupid. Taking away the Shield would actually buff the Javelineers melee.

The last one has some considerations - but it would screw up weapon balance. Daggers are already on the weaker side because they are short and take so much stamina to block. There are also no weak points in your enemies armor and all weapons are perfectly accurate.

Finally the belief that Archers should not be formidable opponents in melee is simply wrong. Only because somebody is using a bow he does not lose his ability to stand his ground in close combat.

I would rather see smaller projectile hitboxes (higher chance of missing) and ranged weapons not being pinpoint accurate: At medium distance you should be able to hit someones torso consistently but not his head or the feet below his shield. At long range you should have a chance of hitting (a bow is not a shotgun) but also a good probability of missing.

• I’m an advocate of permanently removing the crosshair from all ranged weapons.

It’s a lot more fun without it.

It would also decrease the tendency to “snipe” with a shortbow from spawn.

Also, most archers can’t make the over-the-shield shot with any regularity. Teams that get decimated by archers usually have a lot of vanguards, and they just ask to be turned into pincushions.

If you have any coordination with your team, just get them to go knight + kite shield (which I, as an archer, find it harder to hit around than the tower shield) and zerg rush them. You can’t be coy with us archers. We’ll panic if we see a wall of LMB death steamrolling at us.

• There is a server option to turn off archers and even limit archers on a server.

Jav changes: fuck off.

Daggers are that way for balance. As much as I hate them.

• If you find daggers hard to parry against, you’ll have better luck forfeiting a parry and taking a hit, and then trying to parry.

It seems that the windup-release-hit sequence will perfectly glide right between blocks.

• If you took away the javelin player’s shield you’d have to give him parry and that would just mess everything up. Not to mention parrying with a javelin would NOT work IRL.

[Insert] realism vs mentalism/i mean balance comment. In B4 U ALL :o

• I do not agree with any of your Jav. or dagger changes. To kill an Archer, 1 feint with " big " weapons are enough.

I have seen so much rage posts about archers… I don’t know whats wrong with you guys… You always complain about them -> They dont kill anything, You complain, They are focusing in enemy target you move in to crosshair and shot (which is normal), You complain, They kill enemies, now Other Team complain… They are just doing their jobs(most of time)

As someone who really likes to play archer more than others I have rage quitted too, because Archers dont have much armor and arent fast enough to run away(which should be faster). And Vanguards shouldnt even open their mouth about archers, In long range: Archer > Vanguard, In close range: Archer< Vanguard

Its really basic and kill an archer… There arent gods but yes WE are annoying :3

• Quit complaining about the daggers, you have a secondary for a reason.

• Stop complaining about the daggers. You have a secondary for a reason.

• @Evil:

Finally the belief that Archers should not be formidable opponents in melee is simply wrong. Only because somebody is using a bow he does not lose his ability to stand his ground in close combat.

uh yes it does, you have your fast moving, low health MAA, medium level between the two vangaurd, and slow strong knights, pretty basic and with all of them being mainly CC with the exception of short ranged throwing weapons, when you introduce a ranged warrior, by all means he shouldn’t be close to killing anyone in CC. with the jav it two little pokes to kill MMA or Vangaurd, 3 for knight. i dont know about you but thats as good as most of the power weapons in the game. add the shield and he is just as good as any of the 3 other classes in CC with a long ranged option, I dont know about you but that is pretty broken to me.
    If nothing else I would settle for a much less accurate aiming, didnt think of that mostly because i never play archer out of pure spite. I forgot that they had pin point accuracy, if that were to change drastically i would be fine with the jav keeping his stuff, although I would really like them to weaken the jav’s stab a bit.

• @giantyak:

If you took away the javelin player’s shield you’d have to give him parry and that would just mess everything up. Not to mention parrying with a javelin would NOT work IRL.

[Insert] realism vs mentalism/i mean balance comment. In B4 U ALL :o

i would be up for giving the jav player a perry option, its better than him holding up his shield all day when in CC intil re-enforcement and then poking you to death, the perry option allows attackers to feint while shields don’t. and what do you mean that wouldn’t work IRL? this is a game, the spear blocks all the time, a jav is just a short spear also if you are trying to make comparisons to real life, then you are backing up my point about why daggers shouldnt be able to block mauls and stuff much bigger than it.

• @Carolean:

If you find daggers hard to parry against, you’ll have better luck forfeiting a parry and taking a hit, and then trying to parry.

It seems that the windup-release-hit sequence will perfectly glide right between blocks.

it doesnt matter what i do at all, all an archer has to do in CC with a dagger is keep advancing towards you and spam stabbing, you are never able to get a swing in because of how fast it is. remember hits cancel attacks early on

• @RoyalWatcher:

I do not agree with any of your Jav. or dagger changes. To kill an Archer, 1 feint with " big " weapons are enough.

I have seen so much rage posts about archers… I don’t know whats wrong with you guys… You always complain about them -> They dont kill anything, You complain, They are focusing in enemy target you move in to crosshair and shot (which is normal), You complain, They kill enemies, now Other Team complain… They are just doing their jobs(most of time)

As someone who really likes to play archer more than others I have rage quitted too, because Archers dont have much armor and arent fast enough to run away(which should be faster). And Vanguards shouldnt even open their mouth about archers, In long range: Archer > Vanguard, In close range: Archer< Vanguard

Its really basic and kill an archer… There arent gods but yes WE are annoying :3

you dont agree because you play archer a lot, feint is not enough with javs since they have their shield, you just hold it up still someone comes and gets your back. feint only works when people have the perry option, but with daggers it doesnt matter since they are so quick they can attack and cancel out an attack easily.
    what do you mean archers dont kill anything, i have seen plenty of archers (jav players) at the top of the score board, as a support class I dont think this should be happening as much as it is. also WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY DONT KILL ANYTHING?! archers have pin point accuracy, i cant even recall all the times ive been sniped clear across the map when i wait in one spot for more then 5 seconds.
    also if you dont know, there is a chase buff in the game, when a player is in a certain range of a fleeing opponent they are given a speed boost to kill the coward, if you want to run away run away way before anyone gets close to you. ya i know vanguards shouldn’t complain, they are main targets of archers, or so ive seen, I play knight