Why would Samuray fight Spartan Hoplites?

• I must say I am a great fan of Chivalry but this expansion seems very strange to me. Why would Samuray fight Spartan Hoplites? It doesn’t make any sense.

• Well no, none of the expansion is really going to make “sense” in terms of historical accuracy, but that’s the point. It’s a “what if?” mash-up type thing.

But I guess you could always pretend the Samurais are the Immortals sorta like they appear in “300”. If TB could just add a hood with an angry noh-mask as a helmet option then it’ll be even closer lol. :P

• You could set up a Spartan vs Spartan fight or Samurai vs Samurai fight if you want to. No need for anachronisms!

• To find out
    Who

Is

Deadliest Warrior

• @Bushido:

To find out
    Who

Is

Deadliest Warrior

Well I find that idea strange to compare warriors form different periods of history. It doesn’t make sense to me. Sounds all very American. It would make sense to compare maybe Roman Soldiers against Hoplites. Or 16th Century European knight against a Samuray. But this way, no.

• Sumurai.

And this is a prefect way to have all the factions people want all in one go.

• Why wouldn’t Samurai fight Spartans?

• @SlyGoat:

Why wouldn’t Samurai fight Spartans?

I’m sure they would if they met each other.

• @NICK:

@Bushido Chocobo:

To find out
    Who

Is

Deadliest Warrior

Well I find that idea strange to compare warriors form different periods of history. It doesn’t make sense to me. Sounds all very American. It would make sense to compare maybe Roman Soldiers against Hoplites. Or 16th Century European knight against a Samuray. But this way, no.

Well… Yeah of course it’s weird. That’s the point. Have you never heard the big debate of who would win between a Pirate or a Ninja? The show Deadliest Warrior does its best to work out who probably would win in a hypothetical fight, using data they can collect from weapons experts and such like. This game is essentially acting out those fights.

• @Ma:

The show Deadliest Warrior does its best to work out who probably would win in a hypothetical fight, using data they can collect from weapons experts and such like. This game is essentially acting out those fights.

Not really, the game will likely have balanced classes rather than the advantages shown in the show.

I doubt the game will follow the show apart from having a bunch of diverse classes.

• I bet this game will turn out as a mini-game collection where you have to cut pumpkins or melons or something (Isn’t that a thing in this TV series?).

• @afiNity:

I bet this game will turn out as a mini-game collection where you have to cut pumpkins or melons or something (Isn’t that a thing in this TV series?).

Back to the roots:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/age-of-chival … me-strikes

• @gregcau:

@Ma:

The show Deadliest Warrior does its best to work out who probably would win in a hypothetical fight, using data they can collect from weapons experts and such like. This game is essentially acting out those fights.

Not really, the game will likely have balanced classes rather than the advantages shown in the show.

I doubt the game will follow the show apart from having a bunch of diverse classes.

Oh maybe I wasn’t clear. That’s basically what I was trying to say. It takes all the weapons and armour and gizmos, puts them into the game and you wail it out. If they did it by the show’s ‘findings’ then the Spartan would be overpowered as he, by their definition, was the strongest.