Chivalry Cinematic Montage

• Hey Forum I just made a new Youtube channel and posted it’s very first video, it’s a story cinematic using footage taken from chivalry, just thought i’d let you guys know it’s there as we’re trying to get some feedback before making any more.

So if you like the way the game looks check it out at:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFnbMzkG6xA

I made this game largely because i loved the feel of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare and wanted to make some fan made work for it.

Any feedback would really be appreciated!

Thanks

• I really enjoyed it. There’s a lot you could improve on though. #1: Disable the chat. #2: Disable HUD Markers. #3: Try to use actually professional camera angles and techniques rather than simply flying above for a good view. Lower your FOV to a very low setting, experiment with it. The reason for this is that in any movie, the camera always has a low FOV. It simply looks better. Also ook up Film Riot on Youtube, they’re AMAZING teachers, and they have plenty of camera angle videos that you can look at. Also don’t use the first person, stay in spectate. It completely takes away the immersion when you go into first person because then the viewer realizes “Oh, right this just a video game.” If you’d like I’d personally be very happy to control the camera for future episodes. I don’t have any editing software unfortunately, but I can simply give the clips to you to edit.

• There be a community media section of this here forum. That is where his goes.

Also awesome video.

Some tips.

Use the console command “toggleHUD” to get rid of the HUD so its a better cinimatic experiance.

And there is that buzzing sound with the microphone. Turn microphone boost off off you haven’t already. Also if you use Aduacity to record your Audio you can use an equaliser to help reduce the buzz. If you turn down the high EQ of the voice track. It also makes your voice less painful on the ears when you say words with “s” or “f” in them.

• That was so epic !
    I loved your narrating.
    And yeah next time turn off the Hud.
    Can’t wait for more :D !

• Thanks Lemon and Shard for the positive feedback and advice,

I actually saw the click 'H to turn off HUD as i was watching the final take >.< was kicking myself,

and i’ll be sure to take your advice Lemon to make the next episode even better =D
    And i’ll also move this post to the media section if i can figure out how =P cheers for the heads up

• Thanks Lemon and Shard for the positive feedback and advice,

I actually saw the click 'H to turn off HUD as i was watching the final take >.< was kicking myself,

and i’ll be sure to take your advice Lemon to make the next episode even better =D
    And i’ll also move this post to the media section if i can figure out how =P cheers for the heads up

• Epic!

• I lost my shit at the sling-whipping part. That was amazing.

• @Morose:

That will just remove objectives like “Push” and steam friend names.

@lemonater47:

Use the console command “toggleHUD” to get rid of the HUD so its a better cinimatic experiance.

This will remove everything, names, health/stamina bar, ammo counts, objective messages, killmessages…

• Oh Wicked, thanks fvonb =D i’ll do that, episode 2 should be up this weekend fingers crossed