Jav tossers not being flinched

• Not sure what’s going on, but this has happened a lot to me recently. I see a javelineer, and as he winds up to throw his jav at me I stab him. By rights, he should be flinched and he should be lowering the javelin to go back to idle. What is happening instead is that I stab him, and then a good half second later he throws the jav into me without lowering, as if he wasn’t bothered at all that I just stabbed him.

This isn’t a lag issue either, at least I don’t believe so, as I’ve had many others do this to me with sub 100 ping. I believe javelineers who are in the process of raising their javelin to toss, and get hit, aren’t being flinched properly. I’ve also done this myself, where someone hit me as I held my javelin high, and after I was struck, managed to toss the javelin.

• Jav is probably the buggiest broken weapon in Chivalry.

• I just hit a javelineer in the back with an OH and went into a stab combo. Before the stab was in release he turned around and threw a jav in my face.

• Good to know I’m not alone here. Its been driving me nuts recently

• There are problems with javelins canceling attacks from being hit or even just from feinting that we’re looking into.

• @SlyGoat:

There are problems with javelins canceling attacks from being hit or even just from feinting that we’re looking into.

Perhaps make it so that you knock the Javelin out from his hands? Like the idea with Crossbow bolts, even though that doesn’t work yet.

• @wildwulfy:

@SlyGoat:

There are problems with javelins canceling attacks from being hit or even just from feinting that we’re looking into.

Perhaps make it so that you knock the Javelin out from his hands? Like the idea with Crossbow bolts, even though that doesn’t work yet.

Given their low ammunition count, that would strike me as a bit unfair.

On a side note, I’ve also had the reverse happen to me. Where I clearly release a javelin, get hit after the release, and it disappears even though I am still alive.

I’ve also experienced this bug where I get a javelin in the face after clearly flinching said javelineer.