Stopped playing since the armour customisation update

• I sadly got tired really quick of suddenly being forced to play the meta game that is Spot the Enemy/Ally. I swear to god it was beginning to hurt my eyes just trying to distinguish the extremely slight differences between opposing teams, I had to throw in the towel and haven’t been on since. Been a couple of weeks now, and the game is fading from memory.

To be honest I’m pretty gutted: because I LOVED this game before that needless aesthetic mess was added to a once brilliant online experience.

Anyone else? Can’t they fix it, perhaps add a setting which restores the original team colours for those who prefer it? For those who found Red Vs Blue VITAL.

• It’s still Red vs. Blue.

Or rather - Red, Black, Brown vs. Blue, White, Gold.

Personally I don’t find it hard to see who is who, I have more problem with all the people using neon colours as trim and kittens as emblems.

Those who have the biggest problem seem to be those who are colour blind or those who play with settings where dark blue and black are hard to differentiate when in dark areas, mostly with vanguards where the helmet is the only difference shape-wise. Other than that, who would ever mistake an Agatha Knight for a Mason Knight? All characters except for vanguards look and sound very different, and when you look at people, the names are either red or blue. So there’s a lot of hints to help you.

Unless you main as an archer, because then you are far away and it gets harder to see. But one archer less is all the better for this game, haha!

• @SavageBeatings:

the names are either red or blue.

oh yeah that is a good tactic, run up to someone, wave your mouse lets see what color the name comes up…

… meanwhile he hits you

• You should always be ready to parry an attack from somebody running at you. There are enough teammates suffering from a brain blackout (because they got autobalanced etc.) and others just swing first and ask questions later.

I like it better now. More options are good even if some people hate their enemies having them. More individuality is good (given the setting) even if some people hate others having it. Change anything and you will have haters. Also any WWII game must be so terrible with everyone using similar colors all the time.

In most cases you can tell people apart by colors (see above) or helmet designs. Then Archers, Men at Arms and Knights wear differently shaped armor (e.g. the Agatha MaA has his leather in horizontal stripes the Mason MaA has vertical scales). The only problem are Vanguards without helmet as they use exactly the same model (maybe this should be changed).

• What savage said.

• Meanwhile the thousand (literally) people I’ve played with since the customization patch have been able to play at the level they were at before the patch hit no problem. Maybe it took them a day or two to adjust but here we are, no problems.

Your insistence to just give up instead of working on getting better for a game you supposedly “LOVED” doesn’t really make your “plight” seem very compelling. Even people with colorblindness have learned to adapt. So what’s your excuse again?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19225

• The only time I have trouble distinguishing friend from foe is when I’m low on HP (screen turns grayish and colors are all darker) and an Agathian wearing dark blue is near a Mason wearing black. Wouldn’t be an issue if not for the silly and unneeded desaturation effect.

• @Sidewinder:

Meanwhile the thousand (literally) people I’ve played with since the customization patch have been able to play at the level they were at before the patch hit no problem. Maybe it took them a day or two to adjust but here we are, no problems.

You realise that if people quit playing the game because of something, of course the people left won’t have a problem. You’re like people saying that the competitive scene didn’t take a massive negative hit with the balance patch because a some teams are still playing, ignoring the fact that the top teams/players on both sides of the pond have virtually stopped playing the game competitively.

The game is still super fun for lots of people, just not the all of the same people who’ve played it since release. It’s virtually a different game.

• You’re so so so very right Nabster. No one could possibly have difficulty with something and work to overcome that difficulty. That’s unheard of. Everyone that is still playing didn’t find the transition to customization to be the least bit different and didn’t have to adjust at all…. :?

• @Sidewinder:

You’re so so so very right Nabster. No one could possibly have difficulty with something and work to overcome that difficulty. That’s unheard of. Everyone that is still playing didn’t find the transition to customization to be the least bit different and didn’t have to adjust at all…. :?

Personally I find the customization annoying because I don’t play every day and when I do I have to remember all over again which colors are on which side.

The numbers of people left playing has dropped significantly. Only a couple of thousand concurrent on a weekend. Probably nothing to do with customization, more lack of new content.

If there was an option to turn off customization I would use it because I really do not find someone elses choice of colors improving my enjoyment of the game. And since I play first person I can’t even see my own choice so it is rather pointless.

• @Sidewinder:

You’re so so so very right Nabster. No one could possibly have difficulty with something and work to overcome that difficulty. That’s unheard of. Everyone that is still playing didn’t find the transition to customization to be the least bit different and didn’t have to adjust at all…. :?

Some people have a harder time than others. Your inability to recognise this, despite continued complaints from players and your frankly venomous and unhelpful replies makes you no better than those who say “L2P.” I thought at first you were just not so bright, but it turns out you’re just a dick.

Enjoy playing your game, and being the community star that you clearly are.

• I had a hell of a time telling players apart when the patch first dropped. Now I’m completely fine, the only time I had trouble telling was in a clan battle (where I was jittery anyway and outnumbered) and I saw a vanguard in the middle of a smoke pot. Other than me killing him then, I don’t think I’ve accidentally TKed due to a trouble with color differentiation in a good long time.

Again, I had TONS of trouble when the patch dropped. You get used to it if you do it enough, I promise.

I also play with settings that make dark blue and black difficult to differentiate. Sometimes I do stutter from vanguards, but most of the time it’s still an easy read.

• what? sidewinder believes the game needs a hotfix? what bugs? what’s broken? the game is perfect i thought!?
    Must be sarcasm.

Or I just really thought that customization, for me, was perfect and contrary to your juvenile assertions that I have an indispensable hard-on for TBS I can and have been critical of them. Oops. Sorry to destroy your wildly inaccurate perception of me. I know that might put a hamper on your future interactions with me where your default reaction to anything I have to say that is different than your own opinion is, “Oh look it’s Sidewinder, TBS’ white knight. hurr durr.”

So can we move on? quote viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19424&p=183903#p183903

Anyway Nab let it go… I wont personaly reply to him any longer as I believe he’s bi-polar. In any event I’ve downloaded your mod and am looking forward to getting a few folks on the beta server to “kick the tires”.

• I got used to the changes, but Mason black and Agatha dark blue remain quite hard to tell apart on darker maps or indoors. Especially on vanguards and MAAs.

• We’ll be lightning the dark blue color (and the light blue color so they remain distinct for customization purposes), making the mason black more of a super dark gray so it doesn’t seem so out of place, and also tweaking gold and brown a bit so they’re more contrasted.

• @SlyGoat:

We’ll be lightning the dark blue color (and the light blue color so they remain distinct for customization purposes), making the mason black more of a super dark gray so it doesn’t seem so out of place, and also tweaking gold and brown a bit so they’re more contrasted.

Sly,

Call of duty and Battle Field both have implimented a “color blind” mode “SUCCESSFULLY” of course those modes are based on the changing of colors on the name plates… ( which are visible from much farther out and more prominent) than currently available in game.

I am certainly not a programmer but would it not simply be easier to follow those lines of thought than “tweaking” colors? I mean Activtion and EA certainly aren’t start up companies and may have a thing to offer when it comes to this type of customization. I mean after all of their models are the same yet with the “colour blind fix” they have implimented there seems to be no kick back.

• @Canadian:

@SlyGoat:

We’ll be lightning the dark blue color (and the light blue color so they remain distinct for customization purposes), making the mason black more of a super dark gray so it doesn’t seem so out of place, and also tweaking gold and brown a bit so they’re more contrasted.

Sly,

Call of duty and Battle Field both have implimented a “color blind” mode “SUCCESSFULLY” of course those modes are based on the changing of colors on the name plates… ( which are visible from much farther out and more prominent) than currently available in game.

I am certainly not a programmer but would it not simply be easier to follow those lines of thought than “tweaking” colors? I mean Activtion and EA certainly aren’t start up companies and may have a thing to offer when it comes to this type of customization. I mean after all of their models are the same yet with the “colour blind fix” they have implimented there seems to be no kick back.

We have a simulator for color blindness that we use to make sure things are distinct for color blind people. The problem with customization is more a general issue for people who cannot quickly differentiate similar colors in a tense situation, i.e. walking around a corner and seeing an all navy or all black vanguard within striking distance.

• @SlyGoat:

Hell yeah, good to hear. Thanks for letting us know guy.

• @SlyGoat:

@Canadian:

@SlyGoat:

Sly,

We have a simulator for color blindness that we use to make sure things are distinct for color blind people. The problem with customization is more a general issue for people who cannot quickly differentiate similar colors in a tense situation, i.e. walking around a corner and seeing an all navy or all black vanguard within striking distance.

Hmmm well being one of those 25% of males that are colour blind with regards to Red and Green’s I can certainly understand your challenges and would have to agree as I’ve said in previous posts after a while the different colors do not really play a factor I.E. “I” don’t really notice them ( stripes / checkers/ etc)

Now as to you’re simulator. I like 25% of the male population am “blind, daft…. stupid” with regards to Red’s and greens… I know … I know… some folks with the same affliction appear to have no trouble with it. BUT… As odd as it is to say and IMPOSSIBLE for me to describe… “Dark browns”… are EVIL… and pure witchcraft to me… lol I can sit there for 5 min’s trying to decide if that’s green or not… LOL. HEY I’M NOT STUPID…" I’m special… " :o)

In any event I can probably get past what you have done to my beloved Knight long sword… ( bastards ok no I can’t ) and continue to play the game “casually” if you managed to fix the “pretty colors” for us “color stupid” folks.

Hugs and kisses.
    Canadian.

• @quigleyer:

I had a hell of a time telling players apart when the patch first dropped. Now I’m completely fine, the only time I had trouble telling was in a clan battle (where I was jittery anyway and outnumbered) and I saw a vanguard in the middle of a smoke pot. Other than me killing him then, I don’t think I’ve accidentally TKed due to a trouble with color differentiation in a good long time.

Again, I had TONS of trouble when the patch dropped. You get used to it if you do it enough, I promise.

I also play with settings that make dark blue and black difficult to differentiate. Sometimes I do stutter from vanguards, but most of the time it’s still an easy read.

Nabster and Canadian don’t want to hear any of this. They’d rather just stick their heads in the sand. Quit showing them that even for people that have an exceptionally hard time with customization, they’re still able to figure it out with practice.

They’re the type of people that would say that if someone claims they’re not able to react to a sword swing that has a .65 windup, we should change the game to whatever that person believes they would be able to react to rather than practicing at getting better.