Throwing axes'/knives' ridiculously low range

• After some patch (i don’t know, which one), range of throwing weapons has been severely decreased (as you can see below).

Firstly, it looks quite unrealistic. Secondly, it’s annoying when enemy is relatively close, and axes/knives cannot even reach him (they just stop in mid-air and fall vertically downwards). Why the hell those skill-based weapons have been restricted?

PS I’m not sure, but i think that range of crossbows and bows is decreased,too. Does somebody can confirm this?

• This was actually the result of a change to the way drag was being calculated. It was previously calculated per frame rather than per tick which caused players with low frame rates to have significantly less drag on their projectiles. We adjusted the values of ranged weapons after fixing this bug so that things are approximately what they were for a stable 60 FPS before the change, which is obviously far lower than what players with low frame rates were getting.

Although I agree the smoothness of projectile flights could use some work. Some of them do tend to just drop like rocks instead of arcing down. I think this is something I could adjust myself, I’ll look into it.

• I think that this may encourage Throwables to be more used for shotgunning than mid-distance throwing. I think that Throwing Axe is in a fair balance for its damage, though I believe that Throwing Knife could need a slight adjustment. A little bit higher projectile speed or less Gravity added on them could be enough to make them viable for anti-archering.

• @wildwulfy:

I think that this may encourage Throwables to be more used for shotgunning than mid-distance throwing. I think that Throwing Axe is in a fair balance for its damage, though I believe that Throwing Knife could need a slight adjustment. A little bit higher projectile speed or less Gravity added on them could be enough to make them viable for anti-archering.

^this

• @wildwulfy:

I think that Throwing Axe is in a fair balance for its damage, though I believe that Throwing Knife could need a slight adjustment.

I would like to see the Throwing Axe dealing chopping damage instead of piercing. As this would decrease its damage against MaA and Vanguards it might need a slight base damage buff then.

• The air is made of butter obviously. That explains the trajectory.

• TB is on the case! incoming sniper throwing axes

• Drag should decrease with the speed of the projectile. Currently, projectiles lose their speed way too quickly and it looks weird