Making weapons more unique from each other.

• So at the moment I feel like many of the weapons we have feel very much the same.

I propose adding “abilities” for lack of a better word to some of them, these should be noted on the weapon description. Now, as things stand there are some obvious things that can be added or already exist;

The Maul has significant knockback on a parry. This could be noted in the weapon description and labelled a special ability. Furthermore, when parried with a one handed weapon it should cause a stun effect similar to when you block with no stamina.

Pullback damage. Why not make it so some weapons, like the halberd or billhook with all of its hooks and protruding spikes, cause damage while being retracted after a stab? Of course this should be much less than the stab itself.

Other ideas I can think of include temporary bleed damage for sharp weapons and maybe blunt weapons could reduce your maximum possible stamina for 15%

Future opportunities such as the flail could be wholly unique. It could have a holdable windup where the player is spinning the ball and chain and from that can quickly release any type of attack. The opponent would have no indication of what is coming.

Please add more ideas if you have them.

• Why not ?
    I am not a great fan of mauls and hammers causing stun effects, but the post-stab damage…this I like (although it might not be that useful).

• The developers already said they will -never- add any kind of stun or special effects.

• @Mkilbride:

The developers already said they will -never- add any kind of stun or special effects.

Funny, because there is already one when you block with no stamina. Thats what I meant.

• That’s different. That’s being exhausted / out of Stamina. They meant no weapons that will have a stun effect.

• Had a couple more ideas for MAA.

Right now I get bored playing MAA because he has no unique weapons.

So

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c … 4/Falx.png

http://www.copii-arme-medievale.ro/imag … 0dacic.JPG

The falx is a pretty unique sword to me. In game I’d say it could have powerful slashes but a weak stab. Its basicly a hook sword, so as a special ability, give it the ability to drag an opponent closer to you with an overhead attack.

• Bumping this, please give feedback and post your ideas here.

• Give some weapons a unique attack, for example replace the stab on the hatchet :-P feels pretty useless to stab with the woodenshaft.
    About effects, perhaps blunts should cause the playes to flinch more when being hit ?

• @wildwulfy:

Give some weapons a unique attack, for example replace the stab on the hatchet :-P feels pretty useless to stab with the woodenshaft.
    About effects, perhaps blunts should cause the playes to flinch more when being hit ?

That does sound great, but the developers already said that they were never adding anything like this to the game as mkilbride said. But who knows? They could change their mind. I personally like the idea.