[SIGN-UPS] Synergy 5V5 Tournament (Europe only)

• After the awesome recent tourney held by Fat Frogs, the guys over at Synergy want to pick up the torch and get organising another kick-ass tournament for us all to enjoy! Many of us here are very disheartened to hear that there will be no team objective maps from the developers for the upcoming expansion, as it is the lifeblood of our competition. Maybe they will change their minds, lets see if we can show them.

• **The registration for the tournament ends 18:00 GMT+1 Friday 6th September and the Tournament itself will start on the 9th September until the 13th of September.

• They are aiming for roughly 12 teams competing in the tournament, with only one team per clan. No exceptions. If there are not enough teams then the first registered ‘even’ number of teams will compete i.e 6-8-10.**

Required Registration Details: Clan tag, Pool members (5-8), Team organiser’s name.

To register, contact Synergy leader Hawk here - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197990870979/

We hope to see a good number of teams competing! :D.

Details on entrants, and pools will be released here when the process is completed.

**Rules:

Knockout tournament – winners progress.

100 % team damage.

First person only. No exceptions.

TEAM OBJECTIVE only – Hillside and Citadel are excluded from competition. No exceptions.

50% rule - No more than 50% of team composition comprised of the same class.

Autobalance off.

Map choice is defined either by mutual agreement between the teams, or by the winner of the duel. (single duelist selected from each team, winner of one duel earns his/her team the map choice)

The tournament is to be played on the official version of the game.**

UPDATE: The amazing folk over at Simrai will be offering up a 24-slot Team Objective server for the winner of the tournament! Highlight videos will also be provided by the lovely folks over in the Fat Frogs clan too!

Tag: IN|*|
    Participants: Prince Fatty, MC, Azur, Marox, J-Sack, Woops, Kenix & Uners.
    Team organiser’s name: Prince Fatty or MC

Good initiative. Looking forward to see everyone on the battlefield.

• @Planetus:

UPDATE: The amazing folk over at Simrai will be offering up a 24-slot Team Objective server for the winner of the tournament! Highlight videos will also be provided by the lovely folks over in the Fat Frogs clan too!

Viva la Simrai & Fat Frogs!

• Just curious, why is hillside not allowed in this?

• @?B:

Just curious, why is hillside not allowed in this?

Cause the ballistae are bugged as fuck.

• These are the brackets for the tournament which starts today and will end 13/09: http://challonge.com/synergyyyyy

Tournament matches will be streamed by DJ HAWK AKA partysvenkse AKA partynorsk so be sure to tune in !

What the fox says!

• @Shard:

@?B:

Just curious, why is hillside not allowed in this?

Cause the ballistae are bugged as fuck.

Okay I figured it was a problem with the ballistas. I couldn’t remember if they fixed them or not. When I use them I reflexively do a little dance after every shot to work around the old bug so I couldn’t remember if it was still there. It’s a shame because hillside is an awesome map.

• mmmmm yes, this sounds sexy

EDIT: Was sexy, until I saw Europe only >:l

• I’ve never encountered any bugs on hillside and I’ve played it for at least 150 hours. My only issue with it is getting caught on flat ground when I’m running around the map. TBS, fix the terrain issues on the maps…

• Ballistas are still buggy.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Ballistas are still buggy.

They sure are !
    Just 2-3 weeks ago we scrimmed on it,the bottom ballista was aiming at the floor and you couldn’t aim it upwards.