Attacker team on TO not respawning?

• I’ve seen this happen at least twice now. I have a hunch that it could be a hacker inflating everyone’s ping and stopping attackers from respawning.
    The 300 ping isn’t from the high amount of players, they were around 150 before this happened and I saw the same thing happen on a 24 player server as well.

• All I can say is that I’ve experienced this as well and am completely sure it somehow relates to the high latency.

• I saw a TO round where the defenders weren’t re-spawning. They began respawning again after the first objective was completed.

It was dark forest, and was the first objective. I didn’t die in this round because we pretty much wiped out the enemy as they approached the beginning of the stage where it is easiest for us as the attackers, so I’m unsure if the attackers were re-spawning or not (lots of confusion and chat stuff).

The scoreboard had everyone with 170-400 ping at this time (very much like the image above), so I also think it’s latency derived. I suppose it’s also possible something else is wrong that is causing the ping to skyrocket.

• The game does not officially support player counts above 32, because it’s extremely taxing on servers and causes pings to skyrocket, potentially causing other anomalies as well. It’s possible you could experience similar things on subpar server hardware even with 24 players. Any server that’s spiking everyone’s ping to 200 is probably not up to snuff.

• @SlyGoat:

The game does not officially support player counts above 32, because it’s extremely taxing on servers and causes pings to skyrocket, potentially causing other anomalies as well. It’s possible you could experience similar things on subpar server hardware even with 24 players. Any server that’s spiking everyone’s ping to 200 is probably not up to snuff.

I’m almost positive my experience didn’t come from playing on a server above 32 players, as I generally stay very far away from those. If I see this happen again I’ll try and make sure to get a screen of it with as much info as I can. I’ve only seen it happen once so far, though.

Delta (the triangle guy) was on the other team in the room while this was happening, maybe he remembers something?

Again, fairly certain it was 24-32 players. I also think the ping went back down after the objective and people began respawning, but this was a bit ago and I couldn’t be certain.

• we’ve seen this happen serveral times on our 50 slot TO servers - next round or restarting the map temporarily sorts it out. It is rare, but it also kill the server off very quickly

• That just means the server can’t handle the load because its hardware sucks or there are more than 32 players which is not officially supported (yet). Play on a different server with hardware that doesn’t suck, lol, or contact the admin to get him to upgrade his server or reduce the number of slots.

• @Event:

That just means the server can’t handle the load because its hardware sucks or there are more than 32 players which is not officially supported (yet). Play on a different server with hardware that doesn’t suck, lol, or contact the admin to get him to upgrade his server or reduce the number of slots.

Jump to conclusions much?

As previously mentioned it’s a very rare bug. If it were hardware resource related we’d expect to see it frequently (since the hardware doesn’t exactly change much).

Additionally when we see this bug occurring server performance seems fine, no major changes in cpu/mem/bandwidth and players pings are 50-150 depending on where in the world they are. We’ve seen it occur on battlegrounds and stoneshill

As previously said the game doesn’t officially support higher slot servers, but primarily bound by CPU clockspeeds we’ve had ours running stable and fine for the most part. this bug only occurs on TO afaik. Therefore I’d suggest it’s probably more a game-bug issue rather than hardware issue

• Happened to me in tdm, on ruins in 4v4. Pings started going up and agatha (not sure about mason) couldn’t respawn.
    Although it wasn’t an official server, i never had any problem on this serv before (the serv name is “The Church”), not even small lag spikes.

• @SlyGoat:

The game does not officially support player counts above 32

And here’s is an official server with 32 player slots when this happened. This happened roughly 5-7 minutes from this post on the server listed if you are able to check into it.

But this is indeed a problem on official servers with officially supported numbers. Pings were stellar until one moment of fate, then people complained about respawn and the lag/high ping started.

We restarted the map and all seems well.

• Same server, two games later:

About 4 minutes ago. If you guys can access logs or whatever this might be a helpful server to look at to figure out what’s up.

Again, same server- official TO #14, 32 players.

Also note player ia. | Entire British Army had reasonably low ping because he did not spawn in originally. The guys I’m playing with noted that the pings are really high up until you spawn in after restarting the map.

• I’m curious if you guys were able to look at any server logs about this?

I’ve posted the general time this was happening and would hate for a month to pass before anyone tries to figure out what’s going on and having the data dumped or something.

• Not sure how I missed this thread. I will look into it, thanks.

• @Kimiko:

Not sure how I missed this thread. I will look into it, thanks.

No, no. Thank you!

• It happens once in a while on the SEA servers. So far only on Dark Forest and Hillside maps.

• This bug is still occurring but it seems to go through phases - I’ve seen it recently on the official servers more than I’m used to and a lot more often on my clan servers for about 2 days, then all of a sudden it’s been fine.

Wondering if it’s something external to the game servers themselves such as the master server?

• The problem appears to reset when the map is changed (we voted when it happened and it cleared up the problem). The problem returned a few games later, so it does indeed sound like a server issue than a map bug etc.

Also I’ve seen it on Dark Forest, Citadel, and Hillside.

• Happened on FFA moor today, map restart fixed it.

• @fvonb:

Happened on FFA moor today, map restart fixed it.

When this kind of stuff happens I think we need to make note of what exact server we’re on and the time-frame it’s happening in- maybe also take a screenshot of the score board for as much info as possible. I’m not trying to tell you what to do or be a dick or anything (I realized it might have sounded like that), but I think they can check server logs to see if anything peculiar is up. The more they get I imagine the easier it will be to determine the problem.

Also at this point I don’t think it’s map specific, and it doesn’t appear to be game-mode specific either. Sounds like servers tanking to me at this point, but I am no expert.