Will we get a matchmaking system or ladder ranking?

• Right off the bat I want to mention that I don’t need a matchmaking system or ladders to enjoy the game, but in the long run I think it would be beneficial to the game and the userbase to have something to ‘fight’ for or to look forward to.

Take league of legends for example. Even though the game is fun even without having something to win or loose, it’s a completely different feeling and experience playing in a ranked game and I strongly believe that if CMW would have that I would, and along with many others, play the shit out of this game for a lot of years to come.

So, will there be a ranking or ladder system at launch, or is anything of the sort planned?

• I do think LoL and a lot of strategy games in general rely on this kind of ranking system because they were based around it and thos games rely little on luck.

But for Chivalry…I don’t think this is a useful addition.
    It is a game meant for fun or clan matches, for teams, etc… you don’t fight alone, and your score only reflect what you did in a specific map to help your team.

Having international stats would also be biased : those who rarely kill and never die might have a better ratio than those that are better players but take more risks for the sake of victory ; those who have a better victory ratio did so because they were helped by a random number of random players versus a random amount of random ennemies ; and those that have purely more kills and assists often just play the game more, which does not involve any skill.

I believe if one want to have an estimation of his skill, he should rely on duels, clan matches, and other people’s opinion on different servers, not an overly complicated and partial point or leveling system.

• Solo players getting matched with random teammates in a heavily team based games never provides an accurate rating except on the extreme top and bottom ends of the spectrum (the players who consistently singlehandedly win/lose games for their team) IMHO.

• @Enthrall:

Right off the bat I want to mention that I don’t need a matchmaking system or ladders to enjoy the game, but in the long run I think it would be beneficial to the game and the userbase to have something to ‘fight’ for or to look forward to.

Take league of legends for example. Even though the game is fun even without having something to win or loose, it’s a completely different feeling and experience playing in a ranked game and I strongly believe that if CMW would have that I would, and along with many others, play the shit out of this game for a lot of years to come.

So, will there be a ranking or ladder system at launch, or is anything of the sort planned?

once clan battles start up you could probably ask for demo’s or at least who won in a thread, i’ll probably fraps most of Vq’s scrims and post them up here.