This is the last straw. I simply cannot abide this.

• This is absolutely ridiculous. Easily the most absurd design choice TBS has ever made. Not even kidding. Well kinda. But seriously, give this man his satisfaction and make the Mason vanguard veteran helm pure gold or else I’ll quit.

• ^^when even SIDEWINDER is upset, there must be true issue

• @clayton-bigsby:

^^when even SIDEWINDER is upset, there must be true issue

We so need a “LIKE” button on these threads

• @Sir:

I need to feel special. I AM A UNIQUE SNOWFLAKE.

Best post of the year^
    :D

• you know what’s actually pretty neat is that you caught an arrow in your screenshot of the agatha helm

• Nah, the agatha helm just comes with an arrow.

• Well thanks for opening my eyes to this startling affront to all serious players of the game. Any motivation I did have for reaching rank 50 has just evaporated.

• @Reginhard:

Well thanks for opening my eyes to this startling affront to all serious players of the game. Any motivation I did have for reaching rank 50 has just evaporated.

Grab your pitch fork brother. We march at dawn.

• That Gold/Silver helmet is a strong symbol to the new players around yourself, though one thing that would be more appropriate is IF we could unlock effects to apply to our desired helmet with the rank 50 allowing you to apply Gold/silver effect to your desired helmet, and we’ve still yet to see a level 60 helmet!

• we get it franklin, your rank 50 now.

• @Reginhard:

Well thanks for opening my eyes to this startling affront to all serious players of the game. Any motivation I did have for reaching rank 50 has just evaporated.

don’t worry, it actually REALLY SUCKS to wear your gold helm around, even though i always do. Archers immediately shift attention to you once they see the gold shining… makes your head an even bigger, accentuated target. And everyone wants to kill you first even the melee just to have that feeling of “i killed a rank 50”…

you might as well paint a huge brightly colored target on yourself.

I still think it looks cool though, especially on agatha where the gold works better.

• I think you may be somewhat delusioned. I’ve never thought I wanted to kill someone because they are rank 50, I doubt many others do.

• @dpunk:

I think you may be somewhat delusioned. I’ve never thought I wanted to kill someone because they are rank 50, I doubt many others do.

I was in a game one time with Clayton, and I’m not sure whether he knew it or not, but I was trying to kill him while unaware he was on my team. I got team switched in the dark forest TO map and was running around swinging behind him, wondering why the 5 guys i ran in to let me pass. I don’t think I ever hit him before I realized my goof, but I passed 5 guys persuing to try and kill him and claim his head with a goldy shiny helmet on it.

One time I was in a LTS with some buddies on team speak. There was a golden-hatted guy in there rubber/zwei/drag of deathing us, and we all decided it was best to play it safe. First comment out of our archer- “Damn that helmet is so easy to spot.” We then engaged him 4 on 1 as often as possible.

I don’t know if it’s that EVERYONE WANTS TO KILL A 50, but it’s that EVERYONE WANTS TO KILL A GOOD 50. You know when you’re playing a map and some guy is running around doing well with some brightly colored clothes on, or a specific customization and you know to hit him first and begin recognizing him? It’s like that, but with a glowing golden beacon on top of your head that very few people have.

It sure doesn’t make anyone ignore you, I’ll tell you that.

Also, in pub TO battles I tend to prioritize. Guys with golden helmets first, glowy hats next, silver hats after, and everyone else if I make it there. Obviously once you start target switching you have to just go with whatever opportunity you find, but at least I have some guys I know to aim for.

• I have definitely noticed an increase in team damage. I don’t mind if enemies try harder to kill me, I prefer it in fact, but what do I do when teammates randomly walk up to me and hit me? It’s been happening more often now that I wear a golden beacon on my head. Yesterday I was kicked from an official TO server for having 1% team damage, and the person perpetrating the kick was making up all kinds of nasty lies. Soon the whole server was against me and my teammates were attacking me on sight. I was then kicked for defending myself against teammates. I tried to join the server 5 minutes later, and was immediately kicked again, and once more after that, at which point I had given up. I spend most, if not all of my time on official TO 24p US West and yesterday I was not allowed to play there because a mob of angry people didn’t want to play with a level 50.

• @dpunk:

I think you may be somewhat delusioned. I’ve never thought I wanted to kill someone because they are rank 50, I doubt many others do.

http://imgur.com/i8Eb7YQ

• @dpunk:

you have NO IDEA how wrong you are my friend. has nothing to do with the rank, has everything to do with the helmet.

come back and tell me that once you get one ;)

• Yeah, even I feel like I get targeted :/

I’m not high rank, but I have a peasant hat… and it came with a certain peasant smell that I am sure a lot of Agathians do not approve of, so they go after me :(

• @clayton-bigsby:

@dpunk:

you have NO IDEA how wrong you are my friend. has nothing to do with the rank, has everything to do with the helmet.

come back and tell me that once you get one ;)

You might have soomee-whaat of a point. Whenever I see a gold helmet I fly into a blind rage and start swinging mindlessly at anything near me, gold-helmet friend or foe. I’d imagine it would only get worse once I get lvl 50 and hit third person button.

• @Sir:

I have definitely noticed an increase in team damage. I don’t mind if enemies try harder to kill me, I prefer it in fact, but what do I do when teammates randomly walk up to me and hit me? It’s been happening more often now that I wear a golden beacon on my head. Yesterday I was kicked from an official TO server for having 1% team damage, and the person perpetrating the kick was making up all kinds of nasty lies. Soon the whole server was against me and my teammates were attacking me on sight. I was then kicked for defending myself against teammates. I tried to join the server 5 minutes later, and was immediately kicked again, and once more after that, at which point I had given up. I spend most, if not all of my time on official TO 24p US West and yesterday I was not allowed to play there because a mob of angry people didn’t want to play with a level 50.

Yeah I was in that game when you got kicked by SgtSquirt, or whatever his name is. He went on to say that you were hacking, and had been reported in the forums as a hacker. I did some fact-checking and found nothing, so I mentioned to him that I didn’t find any information about it, and he never responded.

That guy is pretty childish, he spends a lot of his time on chat trashing other people’s playstyles, and pointing out whenever he’s been outnumbered when killed. I wouldn’t worry too much about what he has to say.

I think the real reason you’re getting more team damage on average, is that people see the helmet, and figure that anyone you fight is likely to get killed, so they’re hoping to get some cheap killshots. Some people may also want to legitimately help you out since the helmet shows that you may be more able to further the objective, so they try and team up with you, but we all know what happens when a bunch of vanguards try to “help” someone…

• Squirt is a shithead.

Also I go after people with gold helmets because I have never met a bad rank 50 and I know they are going to rip my team to bits if we let them.

You’d think wearing a helmet on the battlefield would be a bad idea in general, just makes people want to claim your head all the more.